Something in the middle of the Wilderness Volcano

Naraku893

Be interesting to get some lore behind it.

Looks like some big ass guthixian totem got thrust up into a fortress hence causing a wave that made the volcano walls and leaving ruins floating in its wake.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Neat

But please change the title to crater rather than volcano. There's a difference I assure you.

Check world map dear.

Its Wilderness Volcano and then in the NE corner Volcano.

No such thing as wilderness crater by official names.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Neat

But please change the title to crater rather than volcano. There's a difference I assure you.

Check world map dear.

Its Wilderness Volcano and then in the NE corner Volcano.

No such thing as wilderness crater by official names.

Clearly a misnomer. But you knew that.

mw2uyq.png

This is what THE volcano looks like, "dear".

2dgucz6.png

Misnomic name or not; its the Wilderness Volcano that's what everything in-game calls it. So nout wrong with this thread title.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

This is a really silly side-argument which I would appreciate you guys take to PM instead of wasting our time over.

Working out what the characters mean would be a good start to descovering what it actually is.

The only other hint we have to go on is that the pictures advertising auras used the same types of patterns.

Of course, I doubt they actually MEAN anything in some sort of direct translation, besides looking cool.

8f14270694.jpg

The only other hint we have to go on is that the pictures advertising auras used the same types of patterns.

Of course, I doubt they actually MEAN anything in some sort of direct translation, besides looking cool.

Probs just recycling graphics. pfft, lazy :)

Miseryism | Completionist

Looks very Guthix-y, so possibly new Bounty Hunter with God-teams (like Castle Wars?).

However, am I the only one thinking it could be something to do with the Dragonkin or Queen Black Dragon? If it turns out it's not Guthix-related.

Terible thing about runes, is that they have changed so much over time and location, here are a few translations using 3 difrent

BhHafh

bähafä

baåefa

can not really make anything out of it...

tbh, would not surprise me if its totally gibberish :S

fresiandthesheep1.jpg

Dyslexia lvl 99, Youtube:3D RS, My 3D on Tif, My Runetrack, My Tif Profile

Jagex has this habit of making stuff look like irrelevant, and later giving them a meaning...

the runes might not be any real runes, but I believe they should mean something.

Can't be

"guthix"

"bounty" (unless y and o somehow are same letter)

"hunter"

Might not be english word either, so this makes this even harder for us :)! Yay!

Now consider the word can also be upside down, if this 'sword' has had the writing in it from blade to hilt, instead of other way around, when Guthix (or anyone) held it. So it might not be 2nd and 6th letters that are the same, but it can also be 1st and 5th.

Edit: helpful picture

runescaped.png

Hmm... could that Guthix symbol be a handle? Probably not, as it is very thin compared to the other sword, unless its magically unbreakable and very durable and capable of taking forces... hmm...

Also, if humanoid would hold a sword on that guthix symbol (or the "handles" too, to be honest), it wouldn't feel too good. But even if it wasn't a sword, OR the wielder wasn't a humanoid, it still could've been other way around before stuffed on the ground.

hvXho.png

99+ all 23rd March 2012 - 2496 total 13th June 2012.

9000+ dragon drops! Including draconic visage, d chains, d spears, d2h, d claws, d meds, d legs, d skirts... d bones, d hides :)?

w85p2012-1.png

I want jagex to put resource dungeons and dungeoneering skill doors to dungeoneering floors so I can dungeon and get dungeoneering xp while I dg so I don't have to dg to get dg exp, but I can dg while I dg :)?

Taking a little look about the internet, the symbols come from a variety of cultures.

The actual sword itself resembles the greek letter Ψ (Psi)

B could just be the english letter B

Not sure but it resembles a christian cross although not that much, could be a celtic symbol?

The l with an X through is seems to be a Reiki symbol

the next two symbols (3rd and 2nd from the bottom) could be nordic origin.

Though then again, we could all just be making connections to symbols because that's what our brains do, try to find similar patterns in things :P

EAVnEYl.png

Visit my blog! Click the madness for more madness!

Actually, didn't it say in the video about some of the concepts for future updates that in the new bounty hunter there was gonna be some sort of insane drop from targets that can be passed round people?

Or something like that anyway..

EAVnEYl.png

Visit my blog! Click the madness for more madness!

Dunno if someone figured out already, but it seems like the inscription says "behave". Sent a pic about this to a friend that knows about runic scripts (he's studying norse mythology), and he told me that: altho it looks like each script (except for 2nd and 6th) is taken from different specific variations, they are also the ones used the most empirically. It kind of makes sense, since "behave" have an "e" for the 2nd and 6th letter, and the inscription have the same script for 2nd and 6h letter aswell, also, the "B" is extremely obvious.

Also, the crater is almost exactly at the middle of the wilderness, and, altho it is known Guthix stopped the God Wars, it has never been said how he did it exactly. The object in question looks like a hilt, it is common to have inscriptions (in the case of a hilt having one) facing down when wielding/using a sword, but the other way around when carrying them (so it becomes readable when you are not using it, aka, the blade facing down). So let's see, it has the Guthix symbol, it looks like a hilt, have the characteristics of a hilt, it is placed right in the middle of the wilderness (that was the biggest battlefield during God Wars making it the perfect place to stop it if having the means, which Guthix had); see where I'm going to? This is what Guthix used to stop the God Wars.

And one last thing; am I the only one who noticed how the geography in the crater/volcano has changed proportionally to this object? Like, when it was bounty hunters, it was a quite tall volcano, then it was a little-above-ground level volcano/crater, and now it's a under-ground level crater with a huge sword in it.

tumblr_m6mcuojTED1qlz68ro1_500.gif