my face droops when rs crosses my mind. Help.

enfield

I lost around 2b recently (1.6b due to falling for a treacherous link on tip.it, and .5b from like 7 virtus tops that crashed due to the introduction ganodermic). Now, I still have around 1.5b left, which is why I haven't quit completely. But now when I think of rs my face droops. And moreover, I know my drooping face is a symptom of my sadness with what happened.

How do I move on and cure my drooping face?

give me 100m. You're generosity will make you happy. ;)

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

omg I recently gave exactly 100m to my friend, the leader of the big sum tank clan my sum tank was apart of, and I did feel really good afterwards. It wasn't event that hard of a thing to do, believe it or not. But that was just before things turned droopy, when I was merching really well and feeling invincible.

Now I feel like I have to hold on to what I have left no matter what.

enfield, you're really not alone. Thinking about RuneScape depresses me as well, but for different reasons. In all honesty, if you don't find RS to be all that fun anymore, and/or that RS feels like an unwanted drag on your mind, then quitting is really the best option to take. Sure, from time to time your mind will wander back, but knowing that you had good reason to let go will enable you to keep yourself free and unaddicted. ;)

In case you're wondering what caused me to quit, it was over matters of Account Security, Login Frequency, P2P Ad Overkill, and Game Applet Usability. (Heck, pardon me while I start ranting a little here.) :geek:

Like another MMO, "Dead Frontier", I could not stand the constant hassle of having to login to keep an eye on my account. So the removal of all F2P from the RS HighScores was the breaking point for me, as I happened to use them to watch my account when I wasn't in-game. Seriously, Jagex could have gone to a little extra trouble to filter just the bots out, and keep the whole RS community happy at the same time. But they decided to make it a P2P feature, when it has been part of the F2P game since RS began? I can't afford the $6/month due to the awful U.S. Economy, so I'm effectively being unfairly punished alongside all the damned botters. Worse, Jagex seems to be completely about the money now with their "Rune$cape" styling of their game logo. The runes are gone, and apparently so is some of the game's magical feel it once had, as it is now stuffed full of hidden P2P Ads that pop up when you least expect them. Plus, for F2P, now is some of the Account Security that Jagex is so infamously fond of pushing on everyone about. Who the hell wants to pay for security, when it is supposed to be an inherent part of the game, but they can't afford it? Honestly, Jagex went beyond too far here, and that's when it hit the point of RS looking to me like a nightmare to remain anywhere near. :(

Stacked alongside this is the Dominion Tower Update. I got past the Bot Nuke fine, but the DTU blasted my framerates to hell permanently. No future update has caused the framerate to come back as of yet. I used to get ~30 fps in quiet areas, and only ever fell as low as ~10 fps in heavily lagged regions. Now, I'm lucky to get ~11 fps max in quiet areas, and laggy zones cause drop me to ~4 fps. This renders the game unplayable, and I can't afford new hardware either. Again, bad economy to blame for this. Worse, I can almost bet Jagex's servers are somewhat to blame as well, as they've seemed harder to connect to since that time. <_< (I'll stop the rant here...)

So, before I go and sign this post off, I leave it to you to weigh the RuneScape game in your mind. Check the emotional drag it is putting on you, both in-game and in reality. If you don't find the positives of RS to be greater still than that drag, it is time to quit and leave RS behind before it can put anymore drag on you and/or cause any more damage in your life. If you're worried about leaving friends behind, leave a Status Update on your profile here on Tip.It Forums, and/or in your About Me section. If you have good friends, they'll understand and they won't try to make you hold onto the RS game, because they'll get how RS is pulling you down when you could be more happy with your life. :shades:

~D. V. "Dropping in with deep thoughts once in a while..." Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

If by moving on, you mean quit completely, then you can just dump all your cash into the party room chest or something, or give it away to random newbies on F2P worlds.

If you want to move on from your loss but keep playing the game, go find something you enjoy or used to enjoy doing, that might cheer you up.

For drooping faces, I'm told that Botox is good.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

I have played RS for 6-8 years, and I'm at my highest bank value ever - 400M.

Be happy.

zuzmo.png

collio.png

[hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide]

Never gonna give you up.[/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide]

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Immerse yourself in new stuff. May I suggest the newest MMORPG craze.

outside_mmorpg.jpg

This may be percieved as a pisstake, but I am quite serious. If you want to get off RS, it's time to find new hobbies and activities that will fill the void etc.

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

outside_mmorpg.jpg

I have a great guide I made for this game.. I'll sell it to you for 1.5 bil. ;)

But honestly, if you have that much cash and the game is boring to you - then you should try quitting, or atleast taking a break.

I've taken quite a few breaks because I've gotten bored, and I've came back and had some fun - so maybe you should/could try that.

Hi if you're reading this you are amazing and I love you.

Maybe they'll release a bugless update for April Fools. That'd sure be a joke

[hide][hide][hide][hide]

[hide][hide][hide][hide]

[hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide]

[hide][hide][hide][hide]

[hide][hide][hide][hide]

[hide][hide][hide][hide]

[hide][hide][hide][hide]Congrats, you reached the end!

Now go outside![/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide]

Stop playing. Don't play if you aren't having fun. Don't force yourself to log in, just don't play the damn game. Simple. As. That.

That's what I do, I just don't FORCE myself to play, I only play when I'm having fun.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

Congratulations, you beat the game.

Beat the game? BEAT THE GAME? It's never over. You can't beat the game!

What's that? You don't have 99 in every skill? You aren't even close! You're not perfect..

Or you could just stop playing Runescape. Everybody knows that game's dumb anyway.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000