Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[NOW IMPLEMENTED!] View Mobile Version On Desktop System?

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

Randox
[ Display Name History ]

Randox

The Consultant

• Administrators
  • 6,603 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Randox
  • Clan:All Friendly
I went through the news and bestiary on my Blackberry 9800, and all the fonts look just fine to me.

b6brc9.jpg

D. V. Devnull
[ Display Name History ]

D. V. Devnull

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,162 posts
  • Location:Slinking in shadow, finding site/forum bugs to kill...
  • RuneScape Status:None
Just re-checked the mobile site on the tablet. We could do with a slight font size increase on the smaller text parts of search results, bestiary/item/shop pages, and the news listing. The front page and all larger title-variety fonts on those other pages are already perfectly fine. ;)

Oh, and PLEASE, underline text links! I'm going nuts, trying to figure out what is and isn't a link. :ohnoes:

~D. V. "A quick-but-square-on review for you..." Devnull
Posted Image and normally with a cool mind.
(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

Mil
[ Display Name History ]

Mil

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,138 posts
  • RSN:Mil
I'm not sure if it is obvious or if it was mentioned before, but the mobile site is nowhere near a final version. The priority in development is with the desktop version of the site. Ideally, for a mobile version we would use a jquery-based framework to display content across various devices/OS's. As it stands now, the mobile version of the site is quite minimal, but functioning. It was never announced, but merely something put in place for future development.

das
[ Display Name History ]

das

The Collector

• Members
  • 7,895 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
looks fine on my android 2.3.4 - Don't really see any issues in Dolphin Browser at least, the text is no worse to read than many other mobile sites.
"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."
Abraham Lincoln

D. V. Devnull
[ Display Name History ]

D. V. Devnull

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,162 posts
  • Location:Slinking in shadow, finding site/forum bugs to kill...

I'm not sure if it is obvious or if it was mentioned before, but the mobile site is nowhere near a final version. The priority in development is with the desktop version of the site. Ideally, for a mobile version we would use a jquery-based framework to display content across various devices/OS's. As it stands now, the mobile version of the site is quite minimal, but functioning. It was never announced, but merely something put in place for future development.

And I was the lunatic to run over it while trying to look at the desktop version of the new site beta on that tablet. LOL :XD:

Still though, for what's there currently, it's pretty awesome. |^_^|

Don't worry about priority issues however, because there's no major rush either. I don't think any of us here are 'out of their mind' enough to dare think of trying to push. This thread which I started kinda expanded past its' original purpose, at partial fault from my starting it before I ended up taking some major IRL downtime so I couldn't keep up with it. :oops:

Anyway, at least the discussion/comments on this thread can help you set up a list of what you might do later in regard to getting it just picture-perfect. Which, BTW, the amount of JavaScript you're using right now seems to be perfect for performance, including what of JQuery/etc. that you're already using. (I checked the page elements, thanks to ABP having an alternate use as a page object diagnostic tool.) Honestly, I wouldn't change that part if I were you. If anything, it would be worthwhile to enlarge the smallest fonts just a point or two, make text links underlined & vice versa for button images, and maybe add on the Tip.It Times to the Mobile Site. Other than that, I personally think you've got it right already, two thumbs up included. :thumbsup:

~D. V. "No rush... Just a few minor things left at this point... Maybe something to add later." Devnull

(p.s.: Sorry for sounding like I was trying to rush anything, both before, and now as well! I'm honestly not trying to!)
Posted Image and normally with a cool mind.
(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users