[NOW IMPLEMENTED!] View Mobile Version On Desktop System?

D. V. Devnull

Hello there, everyone... :)

After having an issue fixed (Thanks, MageUK!) with the Mobile Version of the NSB (New Site Beta), where it so happened that there was no link go to back on mobile browsers, it crossed my mind that it would be nice if Desktop Users could also use the Mobile Version of the NSB. It would help in situations where users are choked for CPU (such as when running RuneScape), when users wish to load a small amount of the stuff in their sidebar of their desktop browser (possible with more recent browsers, as well as some old ones), and/or when a user wishes to avoid using very much screen space because of something else on their desktop that needs a large area. :idea:

I know some of you are asking, "Why not just click that same link on the desktop?", and I've tried that only to get the Full Desktop Version of the page right back in my face. That's when the additional bits of this cool little idea dawned on me and I started this thread in hope to expand the Mobile Version to those on a desktop system. :-k

Heck, given what happened to the RS HighScores recently, expanding the usability of the Mobile Version would be awesome in the absence of having things like the Tip.It MicroHelper. (BTW, where did that old thing go?) Although, wouldn't it be nice to have something similar with a bit more modularity? I think it would, and that's another reason for bringing this idea to light. :D

So, everyone, I leave the ball in your court now. Please, help me make this idea float? |^_^|

~Mr. D. V. "Both site versions for all!" Devnull

(Edit by author because of realization of how something came off sounding...)

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it would be a waste of coding time as I think nearly no-one using it and to be honest most pages of tip.it have little loading because there are only a few pages with many big pictures on it. Also you can make the screen as small as you want, hide the toolbars if you think they clutter up the page.

It is a nice idea, but we don't live in 2000 anymore, nearly everyone has high speeds on their normal computers, most people have bigger screens and many people even have two screens.

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

If this is a personal issue, my recommendation would be to try FireFox with the User Agent Switcher extension installed. Then you can simply change your user agent to a mobile browser (mobile Safari works just fine) and view sites using their mobile designs whenever you want.

essiw pretty much summed up my thoughts 100% but I guess it depends on if it would be a quick fix for a techie or not.

CPU shouldn't be a problem at all because it takes very little to open a webpage and even with a mobile version it won't save that much more space than it can be shrunk down to already.

Okay... Time to put a lot more of my thoughts down on the table at both of you...

I think it would be a waste of coding time as I think nearly no-one using it and to be honest most pages of tip.it have little loading because there are only a few pages with many big pictures on it. Also you can make the screen as small as you want, hide the toolbars if you think they clutter up the page.

It is a nice idea, but we don't live in 2000 anymore, nearly everyone has high speeds on their normal computers, most people have bigger screens and many people even have two screens.

If this is a personal issue, my recommendation would be to try FireFox with the User Agent Switcher extension installed. Then you can simply change your user agent to a mobile browser (mobile Safari works just fine) and view sites using their mobile designs whenever you want.

First off, it wouldn't be a waste of coding time. All the server would have to do is to look for a cookie, named something like "force_mobile" or "unlockUserAgent" (the second of which this forum is already using, btw), and send a page appropriate to what that cookie reads. Or the current cookie, named "use_mobile", could be far more strictly adhered to. It should be simple as a few "if > then > else" statements. Further, I'm only asking for something even simpler than what these forums implement for their theme controls, a toggle command versus a full-blown theme drop-down.

Second off, the suggestion of changing my interface and/or adding an extension to my stuff is a bad idea. That would cause damage to everything else I'm doing while I'm browsing the web, especially on calls for plugins and new windows, let alone the fact that I use my toolbars a lot. Further, an extension like the one proposed runs the risk of rendering my browser temporarily unusable, and I won't be caught in a crash trap like that as I happen to pride myself on my browser's stability, even with it running about 16 (Yes, really!) extensions!. On the other hand, handling it at the server end will cause no damage at all. Seriously, one tiny flip switch, that's all I'm trying to ask for! Heck, I'll just tack on the fact right here that I'm thinking of more than just myself by having started this thread, at least because I'm effectively 'piping up' for all those who don't have the self-initiative to do so.

Third off, even with large screens, there is a limit to how much space and time that can be sacrificed at any given time for side tasks such as lookups. This goes double when you're in a standard PvM situation on RS, triple when you're in PvP and/or heavy/boss-level PvM situations, and quadruple when you mix both! Even I don't have more than enough time with dual monitors to wander more than 150 pixels (which can probably be said about more than just me) from the game applet, and when I'm not on RS, I can sometimes get up to 4+ tasks going all at once. (Yes, I'm a freaky multitasker.) Unluckily, I'm limited to 2048x768 (2304x768 when I'm temporarily able to run the first monitor higher, have to put it back after) for usable screen resolution at a refresh that doesn't hurt my eyes. I'm pretty sure most people don't have more than 1920x1200 to work with, and it would be a real plus to them (let alone myself, for that matter) to have the power of Rune Tips Mobile at hand as well while they're on their laptop/desktop computers.

Fourth, not everyone has Quad-Core or better CPUs, 16 GB of RAM, some super-recent graphics cards, and/or a fast-running Windows install. Neither do they have the real-life money to upgrade. A lot of people out there, myself included, are still on single-/dual-core systems. We struggle to have enough CPU to handle everything that we're doing on our laptops/desktops. If we have to wait too long for something to load, then due to how Java/Flash/etc. and our browsers are separate, we're already going to get beat rather hard. For example, if I try to load the main site, new site beta's desktop version, and/or pages from the forums, then unless I'm using a fast-loading mobile version on this single-CPU system that I have access to, I end up with everything lagging and becoming extremely uncontrollable. That's literally a recipe for disaster about to happen, and I've even lost connection in the past on everything but the last page/applet that I told to load. This is a problem that should never happen to anyone, and it's one of the last straws that finally caused me to come over to this board, start this thread, and hope to get the feature of mobile version access on desktops added sometime soon. Remember, one thing every webmaster wants is to be #1 in unique site visitors, and that's one of the many things that helps the Rune Tips Community grow. If people lag badly when they come here, and there's no option to lighten the system load, then they won't want to come back.

Seeing as it's near 10 PM PST here, I'm gonna leave it at that. Very honestly, I've had a long day while half-asleep, I'm really worn out, and now the two of you have given me a case of 'Forum BurnOut'... ~5.8K characters (which I recently only started counting when I'm feeling really annoyed) in this post, and a lot of thinking/history packed in as well, more than enough to put me beyond the "forget the emotes" line.

~D. V. "Does this get the point about why it should be server-side across?!?" Devnull

================================================================

EDIT:

-----------------------

Well, I was just about to leave it at that, but I guess one more small bit can't hurt?

CPU shouldn't be a problem at all because it takes very little to open a webpage and even with a mobile version it won't save that much more space than it can be shrunk down to already.

I actually checked on the small tablet that I have access to as to how fast the mobile version loads, versus how fast the desktop version loads. The mobile site loads a staggering ~5x faster than the desktop version. Having checked the forums on both the desktop and the tablet, they're also equally faster with IP.Board Mobile, versus loading with Tip.It Theme. Yes, CPU really does matter.

Augh... <*Checks the character count...*> ...that's ~7K characters long again, yikes! I'm outta here for now, before I lose my own mind!

~D. V. "Now I feel as overloaded as I can make this computer's CPU get!" Devnull

(Additional Edit to clean up a typo...)

Edited by D_V_Devnull

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

As you've already achieved the admirable feat of running 16 extensions while keeping your browser "stable"; I have great confidence in your ability to continue to do so with the user agent switcher extension installed.

So you could do that, and have your results in two minutes...or you could wait for us to (possibly) make this change, and have it done in a few weeks once other things that are actually important are taken care of.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

To be honest Devnull, I don't know how tip.it can make your computer laggy, when I try if my internet connection is working I always try tip.it first because it is one of the quickest loading websites I know. (google is faster of cores, but that one is often completely cached). And I know the crew keeps in mind that there should not be to many big pictures on a page.

Oh and if you think it loads that fast because I have a fast internet connection, I don't. I have a max of 700KB/s (average would be 400-500KB/s) and I also have a dual core processor build in my computer.

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

Piece-by-piece, I have to take these apart...

As you've already achieved the admirable feat of running 16 extensions while keeping your browser "stable"; I have great confidence in your ability to continue to do so with the user agent switcher extension installed.

So you could do that, and have your results in two minutes...or you could wait for us to (possibly) make this change, and have it done in a few weeks once other things that are actually important are taken care of.

I suspect the only reason that my FireFox profile is still stable is because I don't run extensions that have a "WARNING: MIGHT MAKE YOUR FIREFOX UNUSABLE" tag on them. Heck, even that alone is a good idea why the new site should be set so that everyone has a lightweight mode to select. :shame:

And as for waiting until the more major bugs with the new site are ironed out? I'm more than willing to do that, seeing as I'm already waiting for several other things, including stuff with these forums. Hell, I should have stated that in my original post, since it seems all of you (so far) have not realized that I am implying that! :angry:

To be honest Devnull, I don't know how tip.it can make your computer laggy, when I try if my internet connection is working I always try tip.it first because it is one of the quickest loading websites I know. (google is faster of cores, but that one is often completely cached). And I know the crew keeps in mind that there should not be to many big pictures on a page.

How does it behave for you when you have RuneScape or some other heavy thing already running? In my case, with a P4 2.4 GHz Single-Core system, it can get more laggy than a pack of slow turtles. It has been made worse since being forced into upgrading FireFox from 2.x-series to at least 3.5.x-series, and dealing with Java running separate from FireFox. The two of them are literally bouncing off each other and lagging to a crawl. I'm stuck at an ugly hardware limit, with no upgrade path available. :(

Oh and if you think it loads that fast because I have a fast internet connection, I don't. I have a max of 700KB/s (average would be 400-500KB/s) and I also have a dual core processor build in my computer.

Heh, I already know that Internet bandwidth isn't the problem. Currently have 25 Mbps FIOS here, strangely enough. Nah, it's the rate at which servers respond (even though I've severely upped the simultaneous connection limits) that happens to be the problem for me, and/or the running programs slamming off each other. Yet one more reason, which I've already made note of before, as to why having the mobile version accessible to all is a good idea. ;)

And this is where I pop out again... Not letting all of you burn my brain out this time, particularly since I just had a half-night of sleep. :shades:

~D. V. "Some extensions just aren't worth running, these hardware limits are a pain, and I don't mind waiting anyway." Devnull

How does it behave for you when you have RuneScape or some other heavy thing already running? In my case, with a P4 2.4 GHz Single-Core system, it can get more laggy than a pack of slow turtles. It has been made worse since being forced into upgrading FireFox from 2.x-series to at least 3.5.x-series, and dealing with Java running separate from FireFox. The two of them are literally bouncing off each other and lagging to a crawl. I'm stuck at an ugly hardware limit, with no upgrade path available. :(

Heh, I already know that Internet bandwidth isn't the problem. Currently have 25 Mbps FIOS here, strangely enough. Nah, it's the rate at which servers respond (even though I've severely upped the simultaneous connection limits) that happens to be the problem for me, and/or the running programs slamming off each other. Yet one more reason, which I've already made note of before, as to why having the mobile version accessible to all is a good idea. ;)

It could be that your single core system is giving you the problem, as it runs fine on my 2Ghz Dual core is doing fine. However I rather think it is your RAM, as it seems your computer can't handle to much things at the same time. If you have 1 GB of RAM I would suggest to get at least 2GB of RAM (I personally like the 4GB of RAM I have).

Also if you have troubles with firefox, I would suggest trying chrome or safari, as those are in most cases quicker then firefox.

Retired item crew

Since I imagine the mobile version of the site would be a lot slimmer (side to side), I think this would actually be useful, even for those of us who run computers that don't give a flying [bleep] how many programs and web browsers we happen to be running. I like to keep the game window as large as possible. If it can't fit itself in at at maybe 200 pixels, its not going to be run side by side with my game window, because every pixel used up by anything else on the screen is one less pixel of game I get to enjoy, and that's not cool.

Considering that this is a pretty simple feature to add, and that it actually has a valid use, I think it should be given a chance.

I have to say I agree with the majority that it sounds like an utter waste of time, its not vastly useful unless you have such an aweful system and/or internet that is frankly outdated in this day and age and as pointed out a number of browser plugins will do it for you.

Even on my mum's chronically outdated system website load times are hardly an issue.

We have pretty shit broadband in my house shared between 3 smart phones, 2 nintendo DS consoles, a BT vision box, 2 desktop computers, 2 macbooks, 2 xboxs, a ps3, a wii, an ipod touch, 2 internet enaabled tvs, an internet enabled blu-ray player and an internet radio and even when its at peak usage a tip.it page will load in like 5 seconds maximum.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

A few more things to respond to...

<<<Quote Snip>>>

It could be that your single core system is giving you the problem, as it runs fine on my 2Ghz Dual core is doing fine. However I rather think it is your RAM, as it seems your computer can't handle to much things at the same time. If you have 1 GB of RAM I would suggest to get at least 2GB of RAM (I personally like the 4GB of RAM I have).

Also if you have troubles with firefox, I would suggest trying chrome or safari, as those are in most cases quicker then firefox.

Already have 2 GB of RAM. Can't touch Chrome/Safari because I'm not the primary admin and they don't allow those two browsers. Although, honestly, I don't want Google/Apple seeing where I'm going, so FF+ABP there FTW. The biggest problem I've seen, which means the RS Java Applet, the internet, and Jagex's servers themselves are at fault is that I lose 10 fps just for being logged in. ~30 fps max while logged out, ~20 fps max while logged in, and it has been that way since the Dominion Tower update. Jagex has something to fix, and until they do, I'll be suffering. Having access to Rune Tips Mobile on a desktop system would be a massive help with this issue going on. :huh:

The site simply can't accommodate every single piece of outdated technology that exists.

That, right there, is yet one more reason to have access to Tip.It's Mobile Version on desktop systems. Older systems won't be stressed out by the Mobile version, where they would be stressed out by the desktop version. Thanks for making a note of that. :D

I have to say I agree with the majority that it sounds like an utter waste of time, its not vastly useful unless you have such an aweful system and/or internet that is frankly outdated in this day and age and as pointed out a number of browser plugins will do it for you.

Hey, it might be that this Intel P4 2.4 GHz is reaching a limit, albeit Jagex (and knowing my luck, Mozilla) could be a bit cleaner with their code so I wouldn't be in this pickle or near these limits in the first place. The only other problem might be that FireFox seems to want to totally take over the CPU, even when it should be sharing with Java. Unluckily, I can't just go and upgrade, thanks to having no money, which is caused by a bad economy. As for the extensions you're pointing at, only use those extensions if you don't mind your FireFox profile being potentially unstable. I mind my FireFox profile being unstable, as I do well in keeping it stable, so they're not for me. :notalk:

And one more time for anyone who isn't reading it... I really don't mind if we have to wait for all the other, more important, bugs to get ironed out first. As long as this eventually happens and provides an option on the new site design, I'll be happy as a puppy that had a bear fur rug to rest on by an open fireplace. (Christmas imagery is fun stuff.) The mobile version already exists, so I'm just asking for access to be expanded! :)

~D. V. "Having the option to switch to a mobile version on desktops would be a good thing! I'm serious about this!" Devnull

I don't know anything about coding, but for what my observations are worth, I'm not seeing the hordes of people on Zybez/RuneHQ/RSOF complaining that they wanted to use the new website but were unable to do so because their system couldn't handle it.

Stop finding solutions to a problem which doesn't exist.

The site simply can't accommodate every single piece of outdated technology that exists.

That, right there, is yet one more reason to have access to Tip.It's Mobile Version on desktop systems. Older systems won't be stressed out by the Mobile version, where they would be stressed out by the desktop version. Thanks for making a note of that. :D

FWIW, many reputable commercial companies let their mobile sites load on desktop browsers. They are the sorts of firms who understand concepts like customer retention and user-friendliness.

Examples:

Taco Bell: http://m.tacobell.com/

Wendys: http://m.wendys.com/

TGI Fridays: http://m.tgifridays.com/

Steak n Shake: http://www.steaknshake.com/mobile/

SONIC: http://www.sonicdrivein.mobi/

Red Lobster: http://m.redlobster.com/

Pizza Hut: https://quikorder.pizzahut.com/phorders2/mobilelogin.php

McDonalds: http://mobile.mcstate.com/

Office Depot: http://m.officedepot.com/m/www.officedepot.com/

Best Buy: http://m.bestbuy.com/m/b/

Staples: http://m.staples.com/mt/www.staples.com

CVS Pharmacy: http://m.cvs.com/mt/www.cvs.com/CVSApp/user/home/home.jsp?un_jtt_redirect

The GAP: http://m.gap.com/

WalMart: http://mobile.walmart.com/

Target: http://sites.target.com/site/en/spot/mobile.jsp

which makes Tip.Its stand seem so very, very odd.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

FWIW, many reputable commercial companies let their mobile sites load on desktop browsers. They are the sorts of firms who understand concepts like customer retention and user-friendliness.

Examples:

CVS Pharmacy: http://m.cvs.com/mt/www.cvs.com/CVSApp/user/home/home.jsp?un_jtt_redirect

I don't think anyone has stated that we're not going to be doing this....we're merely mentioning to him that there's a much more simple solution.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

The list of sites may be fairly long, but you could easily compile a much longer list of perfectly user friendly sites that do not offer such a service; why? because its unnecessary as websites are only a few kb of data per page and even the slowest internet out there these days runs in mbps if not gbps so a few kb is nothing.

That type of link is an older format from the early internet phone days when it wasn't as simple to make a website automatically send you to the mobile version when on a mobile device and you had to manually access the mobile version.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Examples:

There is more than one type of website you know, like if you would look at your own list you would notice that every single one of those are retail or dining websites, which for obvious reasons have very limited content on each page, when Rune tips is focused on the guides that we provide, which are not particularly compatible with mobile viewing and are created with desktop users in mind which leads to the mobile version being restricted to the Databases for technical and practical reasons. As a result the way most users navigate the site would result in a very disjointed visual appearence as the page switches between the mobile and desktop layouts. Between the inconsistent display issues and the increase of the demand on the coding staff to maintain the mobile version and the several easy ways to access the mobile site from a desktop browser, I personally do not see official support being added for accessing runetips mobile from desktop browsers. (This is my personal opinion, The staff in charge of coding the redesign could very well have another opinion)

Luna_pirate_signature.png

Thanks to DrCue at DeviantArt for the signature source

There is more than one type of website you know, like if you would look at your own list you would notice that every single one of those are retail or dining websites, which for obvious reasons have very limited content on each page, when Rune tips is focused on the guides that we provide, which are not particularly compatible with mobile viewing and are created with desktop users in mind which leads to the mobile version being restricted to the Databases for technical and practical reasons. As a result the way most users navigate the site would result in a very disjointed visual appearence as the page switches between the mobile and desktop layouts. Between the inconsistent display issues and the increase of the demand on the coding staff to maintain the mobile version and the several easy ways to access the mobile site from a desktop browser, I personally do not see official support being added for accessing runetips mobile from desktop browsers. (This is my personal opinion, The staff in charge of coding the redesign could very well have another opinion)

Just to be clear:

I am not suggesting that you guys develop a full-fledged mobile site. I am just questioning the rationale of refusing to serve any mobile features you have already developed to desktop browsers.

PvP is not for me

I don't think this is a particularly unreasonable or demanding request. It shouldn't be much effort to do so I don't see why there's such an argument over it :P It's not a necessary change but there's clearly some interest for it. In any case, the final decision will probably be left up to Peter :P

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Largely its a matter of Official support vs Unofficial support and ease of access. By extending official support using runetips mobile on desktop browsers, we are expected to ensure that it works properly on all major internet browsers instead of just the major mobile browsers. In terms of ease of access, the site has very inconsistent navigation when in mobile mode which makes it difficult to use the site outside of the databases, and there is the decent chance of people not figuring out how to get out of mobile mode. Its more of an issue of do we inconvience the regular users who have no desire of using mobile mode, or to inconvience the more technically literate users who are trying to get more performance out of their majorly overtaxed computer (who can easily just bypass the restriction. At the very least IE 8+ has built in support for the bypass that just requires a quick google search for a mobile browser user agent string). (My personal opinion again)

but as tripsis said, the definate answer will most likely end up being decided by Peter.

Luna_pirate_signature.png

Thanks to DrCue at DeviantArt for the signature source

Everyone who's heated up over this, and/or being particularly cold to me suggesting something, please cool down! I'm not asking for insane extra tweaking here. All I'm asking for is a widening of access to desktop browsers, even if it isn't officially supported. Anyone who's unaware of the switcher would still get the default version for their device/system, but there would still be links at the bottom of pages to toggle, so please quit going nuts. In easier to imagine terms, I'm only asking for a bridge, not the whole sky above it. Even I know the whole thing has to be cleared past Peter (a.k.a.: MageUK), so I understand my feature request is already something that would likely be inserted at the bottom of the stack even if it's approved. :blink:

An Off-Topic Note: I'll admit that the thought crossed my mind last night to suggest adding Tip.It Times to the mobile version, seeing as that's one of the kind of things meant to be viewed anywhere, like the databases. Maybe even some links from the mobile News page, over to (when added) the mobile Tip.It Times. But, that's for a different thread, and one which I'll start when it is appropriate. Simply put, it would make a good logical expansion. :-k

~D. V. "This has always been my position on the matter, so please cool down!" Devnull

Examples:

ONYD

Yahoo!: http://m.yahoo.com/

CNN: http://m.cnn.com

ESPN: http://m.espn.go.com

Wikipedia: http://m.wikipedia.org

The Sun: http://thesun.mobi/

Le Monde: http://mobile.lemonde.fr/

Reddit: http://m.reddit.com

FARK: http://m.fark.com/

Facebook: http://m.facebook.com/

Myspace: http://m.myspace.com

PvP is not for me

^ You still posted all sites that have very limited content on most pages.

Social sites, news sites and info sites are all pretty much just text content with maybe 1 image that is easily re-streamed into a compact mobile form, as seen on the mobile formats.

So as a comeback you kinda failed to prove anything tbh.

Everyone who's heated up over this, and/or being particularly cold to me suggesting something, please cool down! I'm not asking for insane extra tweaking here. All I'm asking for is a widening of access to desktop browsers, even if it isn't officially supported. Anyone who's unaware of the switcher would still get the default version for their device/system, but there would still be links at the bottom of pages to toggle, so please quit going nuts. In easier to imagine terms, I'm only asking for a bridge, not the whole sky above it. Even I know the whole thing has to be cleared past Peter (a.k.a.: MageUK), so I understand my feature request is already something that would likely be inserted at the bottom of the stack even if it's approved. :blink:

An Off-Topic Note: I'll admit that the thought crossed my mind last night to suggest adding Tip.It Times to the mobile version, seeing as that's one of the kind of things meant to be viewed anywhere, like the databases. Maybe even some links from the mobile News page, over to (when added) the mobile Tip.It Times. But, that's for a different thread, and one which I'll start when it is appropriate. Simply put, it would make a good logical expansion. :-k

~D. V. "This has always been my position on the matter, so please cool down!" Devnull

Tbf no-one's been heated or cold towards you.

Just because people disagree and post their reasoning for doing so does not constitute a personal attack or being heated. Even if there's some back and forth debate in quotes it's still all been perfectly friendly.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Tbf no-one's been heated or cold towards you.

Just because people disagree and post their reasoning for doing so does not constitute a personal attack or being heated. Even if there's some back and forth debate in quotes it's still all been perfectly friendly.

There has been, but it was deleted by a mod in a few minutes before many people could see it (as personal attacks are against the rules).

But to be honest Devnull I think you are taking some things to serious and make big things out of small problems (doesn't mean that they are not a problem) which could lead to people being irritated at the style you post, which may be the cause of you thinking they are acting cold.

Retired item crew