June 2001 Review

slimysteve

Most older players prefer classic because it's what they "grew up" with. IMO, it was way simpler and much more fun. And I miss the fps counter, aha.

==================================

Retired tip.it moderator.

Teaching and inspiring.

I could be in one of those screenies :o. I'm suprised he was walking around with all that armour on, considering he coulda been pked anywhere back then.

I think this is after Jagex added the wilderness :wink:

I could be in one of those screenies :o. I'm suprised he was walking around with all that armour on, considering he coulda been pked anywhere back then.

Five months after Runescape launched? Nope. The Wilderness was introduced in 2002, I believe. :wink:

If he had non-PK on (most people did on their mains), then he would be able to walk around freely without the threat of attack.

==================================

Retired tip.it moderator.

Teaching and inspiring.

Five months after Runescape launched? Nope. The Wilderness was introduced in 2002, I believe. :wink:

If he had non-PK on (most people did on their mains), then he would be able to walk around freely without the threat of attack.

nope wilderness was introduced before christmas 2001, i started in jan 2002 and there was a wilderness i promise u

Jimmy+Kak.png

currently smithing

13th-August - Wilderness system online

The new wilderness area of runescape is online! This is a huge new area which is part of an improved player-combat system which was first proposed a few months ago. A poll on the website at the time showed the vast majority of players in favour of the new system, so we have now written it.

In the improved system player fighting is only allowed in the new wilderness area. The ability to switch between PK and Non-PK will be removed and instead you just go into the dangerous wilderness area if you want to fight other players, or stay within the current map area if you don't.

The further you go into the wilderness the more dangerous it becomes, but the more treasure you could find! How much of a risk you want to take is entirely up to you. Some preview screenshots of a couple of wilderness locations are shown to the right.

Credit to XxCavalierXx.

Edit: That'd be 2001.

dwmafianw7.jpg

Notoriously Trollish.

nope wilderness was introduced before christmas 2001, i started in jan 2002 and there was a wilderness i promise u

Yea wilderness was in before the start of 2002

homerhc6.jpg

Respect- Oy_the_Great, Lode, Bubsa, Weezcake, Thrash111, Gloric, Vmser, Pianofrieak2, Runemetsa

Sigs Made By - Pink

Good Review. i love old Rs picture, Classic was the good old days with no wildy. ;). i remember was i could make full fronze and i seriosuly thought i was GODLY. hehe :o and then i know im just a noob and always will be a noob. Fpc. haha havent seen that in years

mysig11sv5.png