1/22/2012 New Members' Pricing

Themooingcow666

Well I would assume the price of cards is going up much higher. I am in shop rite doing some grocery shopping atm and found some runescape cards with old but updated prices.

There are 4 types of runescape membership cards out at the moment.

1) 30 days for $7.95.

2) 35 days for $10.

3) 90 daysfor $22.50

4) 1000 days for $25.

With that said Jagex did state new cards with new prices are going to be printed. And from what I see I predict these will be the new prices below when they hit store shelves. I've lost all respect for Jagex to charge this outrageous price.

35 days $12.50

100 days $27

1000 days for $25, bargain!

Yes I am aware its a typo and you mean 100. The only prices that have been accounced so far ate the one month credit card ones. We have no idea what the prices of the cards will be and if discounts will be offered for 3 and 6 months. You've really lost all respect for Jagex for charging a few extra quid? wow.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I would assume the price of cards is going up much higher. I am in shop rite doing some grocery shopping atm and found some runescape cards with old but updated prices.

There are 4 types of runescape membership cards out at the moment.

1) 30 days for $7.95.

2) 35 days for $10.

3) 90 daysfor $22.50

4) 1000 days for $25.

With that said Jagex did state new cards with new prices are going to be printed. And from what I see I predict these will be the new prices below when they hit store shelves. I've lost all respect for Jagex to charge this outrageous price.

35 days $12.50

100 days $27

1000 days for $25, bargain!

Yes I am aware its a typo and you mean 100. The only prices that have been accounced so far ate the one month credit card ones. We have no idea what the prices of the cards will be and if discounts will be offered for 3 and 6 months. You've really lost all respect for Jagex for charging a few extra quid? wow.

Oops, yeah I meant 100 days for $25 bucks. And yeah I have lost all respect for Jagex, their excuse for upping the price is BOGUS, absolutely BOGUS. They have the nerve to up the price because of the updates they put out in 2011? Are you kidding me? They haven't put much good content out in 2011 at all (In my opinion). Only thing they good in 2011 is Return of Free Trade, Clan Camp Support & Websites, Capes of Distinction, Clan Citadels, Temple Trekking Revamped (Because they finally fixed outdated content) Bot Nuke (Even though it didn't even completely work and bots are returning to the game), Dominion Tower (Their cheap excuse for giving us back old boss battles instead of implementing a way for us to do a quest over).

So yes, I have lost all respect for Jagex the real reason they are upping the price, let's get real here is because they lost a huge chunk of their membership subscribers with their bot nuke day and they now need to make up for the lost money they aren't receiving. Like it or not, the company is going downhill they have little to no customer service (Besides billing where they answer in a heart beat so they don't lose your subscription). Hell when I was hacked, I couldn't find the Account Recovery Form ANYWHERE on the website, turns out I had to enter my password wrong TWICE in order for it to even be brought up. And I didn't even find that out from their oh so useful new Wiki Page or their fantastic forums and wonderful tech support forum oh no, I found that out through FACEBOOK where I asked a Mod there for some assistance.

I've said my peace, I'm not here to get into a post by post argument/conversation (I'm not arguing I'm just stating my peace).

--TearGod.

xxteargodxx.png

Jagex offers a service and have the right to charge whatever they want for that service. It's the central idea of capitalism. Would you lose respect for the coffee shop down the street because they raised their prices for no reason other than inflation?

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

RuneScape Membership Prices Have Changed

12 hours ago

In January, we announced several changes to our prices for new members. These changes have now taken effect, and include new 3- and 6-month membership options with built-in discounts. As mentioned before, these price changes do not affect existing members. You will remain on the existing prices unless your membership lapses for more than seven days.

For more information about the changes, you can find the original announcement here.

If you have any questions about the changes, please read the FAQ /g=runescape/l=0/sl=0/[Please Use QuickFind Code]?14,15,936,63521600"]here.

To find out more information about the new prices, we recommend heading over to the Billing Wiki for more information on your local currencies. You could also log in to your account and you’ll be able to compare any new options available to you, such as the discounted 3- and 6-month subscriptions, which may save you money.

Daniel Clough

Vice President of RuneScape

If you have a recurring membership on either the £3.20 or £3.50/$5.95/€5.95 per month then this is "grandfathered in" which means that you will continue to pay this rate until you cancel. If you start back up your membership within seven days of cancelling you will also retain the old rate.

UK prices £

1 Month - £4.95

3 Months - £13.75 (£1.10 discount)

6 months - £24.95 (£4.75 discount)

The percentage of the price increase compared to the 2008-2012 rate of £3.50 a month are as follows:

1 Month - 29% increase, £1.45

3 Month - 24% increase, £3.25 (£1.08 extra a month)

6 Month - 16% increase, £3.95 (£0.66 extra a month)

The percentage of the price increase compared to the original 2003-2008 price of £3.20 a month are as follows:

1 Month - 35% increase, £1.75

3 Month - 30% increase, £4.15 (£1.38 extra a month)

6 Month - 23% increase, £5.75 (£0.96 extra a month)

US Prices $

1 Month - $7.95

3 Months - $21.95 ($1.90 discount)

6 months - $39.95 ($7.75 discount)

The percentage of the price increase compared to the original 2008-2012 price of $5 a month are as follows:

7.95 1 Month - 37% increase, $2.95

3 Month - 32% increase, $6.95 ($2.32 extra a month)

6 Month - 25% increase, $9.95 ($1.66 extra a month)

Europe prices €

1 Month - €6.95

3 Months - €19.25 (€1.60 discount)

6 months - €34.95 (€6.75 discount)

The percentage of the price increase/decrease compared to the 2008-2012 price of €5.95 a month are as follows:

1 Month - 14% increase, €1.00

3 Month - 7% increase, €1.40 (€0.47 extra a month)

6 Month - 2% decrease, -€0.75 (€0.13 less a month)

Have I worked that out correctly? Is it really cheaper for Europeans to get 6 months memberships than the old price*6?

Prices converted to £GPB using todays conversion rates.

$USD->£GPB equivalent

1 Month £5.02

3 Months £13.85

6 Months £25.21

€EUR->$GBP equivalent

1 Month £5.78

3 Months £16.00

6 Months £29.05

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

US Prices $

The percentage of the price increase compared to the original 2008-2012 price of $5 a month are as follows:

1 Month - 37% increase, $2.95

3 Month - 32% increase, $6.95 ($2.32 extra a month)

6 Month - 25% increase, $9.95 ($1.66 extra a month)

Edited by Will_H
Edited for merging purposes - Will_H

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

For Euros

The percentage of the price increase/decrease compared to the 2008-2012 price of 5.95 a month are as follows:

1 Month - 14% increase, 1.00

3 Month - 7% increase, 1.40 (0.47 extra a month)

6 Month - 2% decrease, -0.75 (0.13 less a month)

Have I worked that out correctly? Is it really cheaper for Europeans to get 6 months memberships than the old price*6?

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

Updated post here http://forum.tip.it/topic/307606-1222012-new-members-pricing/page__view__findpost__p__5174140 with prices for £/$/ 1/3/6monthly terms.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

• 1 month later...

seems that most benefit you get by paying in GBP (atleast for 1 month)

if paying 4.95GBP its equal to:

7.75$

if paying 6.95 its equal to:

5.81£

9.11$

if paying 7.95 USD its equal to:

5.07£