The Back Room

stevepole

Mather, an electric car would require a fairly decent power supply to run at the speeds people will want it to run at, and osmotic power isn't developed enough to produce the amount which would be needed on that small a scale.

Unless I'm mistaken, the one in Norway only generates 4kW, and something like 1 watt per meter squared of membrane. I don't know how much power an electric car requires to get up to and maintain a speed of say, 50mph, but I don't think you can fit enough membrane in to accomplish it with any feasibility.

Edit: Just checked, it's 1 watt per 2 meters squared of membrane. They say that this figure could easily be doubled, but I still doubt it would be enough.

2Xeo5.png

People make mistakes, you can't possibly expect to say:

"They should [bleep]ing look where there going, its just a new form of natural selection!"

Otherwise high places shouldn't have walls, circuits should be open, and we shouldn't have seatbelts or helmets.

[Falador tavern]

I think the people who get hit by cars cause they didn't look kind of deserve to die.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

No, I'm saying that the economic damages of noise pollution probaly exceed the damages of runovers.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Look, you are supposed to look before you walk, saying cars have to make noice is like saying a stove should have to make noice so people know the plates are on.

Anyways to put it like this people who are dumb enough to walk without looking almost deserve to die so that they don't spread the stupidity. And removing the noice would not mean less kids would get ran over because at the age where they just walk around of the road without looking is before their hearing fully develops, a small child is incapable of hearing where a sound comes from and may instead be endangered by that fact that curiosity often insteads make them run out to the road to look.

Ross: The power would be indirectly sent to the motors, like with hydrogen fuel cells the power is stored in a battery while the generation can be going on during night as well as when driving.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

I think it does.

Cars which run on petrol are one of the major sources of pollution, which may, in the future, may cause thousands more people to die than car accidents would kill in several hundered years.

Noise pollution is a serious problem, as is chemical pollution.

2Xeo5.png

Noise pollution is rather damaging.....

Plus the only time car accidents are only tragic in my eyes is when the person at the wheel was drunk or under some sort of influence. Otherwise it is the persons crossing fault.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

I cross over a blind bend every day that I walk home from school, noise tells me if a car is behind the bend and its safe to walk over, I still look but I won't cross if I hear nois. Noise is helpful, if it has to not be noise pollution there should at least be a non annoying noise like a ticking or something, beside, people like a loud rev!

People make mistakes! Mistakes happen, if your [family member] died if they had made a mistake, you'd be angry at these silent invisible cars.

[Falador tavern]

You mean the idiots who "fix" their cars up so that I get woken up every night by some guy with a 150 decibel engine?

I hate those people so much. I have no idea how many hours of sleep I have lost because of the guy who does that around my neighborhood.

2Xeo5.png

Invisible? No one said that.

They're not even completely silent.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

Anyways if you're crossing the road where you're supposed to the driver is actually enforced by law to stop.

Ross, I agree that is ridiculous.

Icu, but they're not even noticable, I think only about half of the sound of the normal would be enough.

Mather, what do you mean by where your supposed to be, there isn't little zebra crossings everywhere.

Carry on this discussion in #tavern?

[Falador tavern]

I have a great idea. Since people have to pay if they hurt someone using their car, then people should have to pay a tax for any noise their car emits. Scientists can determine it. We can also add taxes on greenhouse emissions and excessive use of paper. Note that this is on the consumer, so that it would be millions of people complaining to the companies to make quiter/cleaner/recycled products. While we're at it, let's tax for excessive electricity consumption on peak hours and backyard swimming pools.

^

Tax and spend Democrat

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Seeing how the tavern is kind of dead now a days and my hegemony isn't getting such a good reception I'm planning a new game. It'll be dungeoneering style but unlike its predecessors magic if all sorts will be banned an you will only on very few occations control yourselves. In the game you will each have finished testing a new kind of battlesuit high up on a space station, then a natural disaster strikes the planet bellow and as the station is flung out of stable orbit you will be given the choise of paintjob (camo matters!) and where to be ejected to. You start of with a simple suit, moderate protection and a decent gattling gun. Along your way you will find parts and software upgrades fallen from the station as well as alien devices and safespots to mod your suits manually. I will start by creating two maps, one for you to view, showing the entire planet and one for me showing the boundaries of factions and creatures. Some areas will be good for training solo while others will require cooperations.

Now please list standard upgrades you wish to find.

Also do note that while software updates can be shared, physical upgrades and modifications must be copied at a safespot or given.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

I would very much like to play or get involved, I can offer some idea's, maps and modding skills.

What do you mean when you say that you won't control the character very often?

PM me please, I can talk for a bit.

[Falador tavern]

Err.. Don't think that i'd like to try it. Unless you let me add a giant poison spike to one arm..

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]