The Back Room

stevepole

Icu has a point about the whole police thing.

I feel so worthless right now~ XD I haven't a single contribution to this conversation.

Don't feel bad, I'm a stranger in this topic as well.

"Don't get in my face, don't invade my space. I'll put you in your place.

I'll only tell you once, I'll never tell you twice. This is me being nice." ~Porcelain and the Tramps

Lqt9R.png

That would be greed, Mather.

WHAT WE NEED IS A TOTALITARIAN GOVERNMENT WHERE EVERYONE IS UNDER CONTROL AND UNDER CURFEW. ANYONE WHO DISOBEYS SHALL HAVE A TALK WITH THE GENTLEMEN BRIGADE WHO WILL KEEP THE STREETS OF BRITAIN SAFE FROM HOODLUMS AND VANDALS.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

Nex, really?

Cause it seems to me that thousands of people around the world, if not million, are capable of living without politics.

I mean, almost none of us here take the slightest interest in politics and yet the world goes on.

If those politicans suddenly stopped existing then what would have actually changed?

You argument is baseless, and yet shared by so many people that it has to be followed...That is the nature of politics, it exists because it exists, because it exists.

Okay, imagine you have the extreme stress, workload, and concern for public appearance universal to most leaders. Now imagine that there are hundreds with that stress, workload, and need to keep up appearances with very different ideals and opinions than you. There will be arguments, and tension will inevitably build up between you and the other leaders, and possibly citizens that know of the conflicts. At some point, if for no reason other than pride, two idiots will get into a scrap and politics ensues.

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Aggressive negotiations :P

Anyway, I find a lot of people who know a lot about politics to be a bit elitist about it so I have not really gotten into it. Ney I say something that might be a bit incorrect.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

Also, Mather, stop invoking [cabbage] statistics.

It's obviously quite possible, but it just makes you sound like a self-important [puncture].

RIP Dawngate ;-;

And good Fura.

TONIGHT WE WATCH ANIMU

Yes! Yes! (You win the prize if you read that in Bison's voice)

I'll only tell you once, I'll never tell you twice. This is me being nice." ~Porcelain and the Tramps

Lqt9R.png

At least 100 people have been killed the last few weeks by someone acting on a political motive.

Yes, but then again, if you take the past few weeks as an indicator for the rest of the time, then political violence causes drastically more mass murders than any other reason, including religious or depression-induced ones.

a70c7.png

And good Fura.

TONIGHT WE WATCH ANIMU

Yes! Yes! (You win the prize if you read that in Bison's voice)

NOW MAKE ME A SAMMICH

I want his Children....is that bad?

tumblr_ls7ay4jSmN1r0zf2k.gif

At least 100 people have been killed the last few weeks by someone acting on a political motive.

Many others have probably been killed over greed or emotion today. The problem seems to be more human nature than whatever specific causes people want to vilify. It's much easier to say there won't be violence if we get rid of politics/religion/money/nationality/whatever else you want than it is to say that there wouldn't be violence if we change human nature.

Imagine, if you will, you are the leader of a country.

You stop caring about what others countries think.

I think I just killed your argument Nex.

Hm.

Yes, but what of your own political opponents? Unless you're a despot, in which case you can simply have them killed. But if not, at least one of them will likely have a different stance on foreign affairs. Because, you know, other countries might have things that we want. Like gold, or diamonds, or a really nice beach. And maybe you don't have any genius economists capable of significantly furthering the wealth of your country to the point where you can afford such a thing. Hey, maybe you could take out a loan, but if you're no genius with money in the first place then- uh oh- you're in debt to another country. Who will want to be paid off someday.

So on so forth. Down essentially any path, politics ensue. You can't just 'stop caring' unless you're self-sufficient enough to provide for all the needs and wants of your many civilians and greedy, greedy important people. Even then, some other country might take notice of your shinies, and might get a bit belligerent at being ignored.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Imagine, if you will, you are the leader of a country.

You stop caring about what others countries think.

I think I just killed your argument Nex.

And then they go to war against you for doing something they disagree with and then refusing to change it, as you don't care what they think. The war escalates to the point where either you come to a treaty, a.k.a. having to care about what they think, or until one or both of you are nuked into oblivion, which is usually bad.

a70c7.png

So what you are saying is...You don't have any self control?

Have you told the police about this?

I mean you might go rob a bank cause you want it. Or other unspeakable evils.

*Shakes head*

Your argument relies on people not taking responsibility, and your answer to that is to give all the responsibility to one person and blame them when things go wrong.

If there was ever a system that wasn't going to last long, it was going to be that system.

I mean, its been what? 60 years since we went from lots of independant countries to virtually no independant countries, because we constantly just give power to someone else, until there is a despot leading us.

Your 'answer' is the reason why there is a problem.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

Okay, but can we actually BREAK that cycle?

Dinner, BRB with better arguments.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Also, Mather, stop invoking [cabbage] statistics.

It's obviously quite possible, but it just makes you sound like a self-important [puncture].

I know for a fact that 94 people were killed by a right-wing extremist not too long ago, and going by 6 people being killed for political reasons other than that is a ridiculously low estimate.

Mask, I said mass-murder.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Stork....Yes.

That is basically what happens.

Though if you disagree about something, and they are willing to go to war over it...then it doesn't really matter if you talk about it or not...you are going to go to war over it.

So you can either surrender in your office or you can surrender on the battlefield...And with such easy victories bullies just get stronger at expense of everyone else.

Also, look at America. They persistantly ignore the rest of the world...take, for instance, the embargo against Cuba, which has been denounced by every country, including the United States, in the United Nations...and yet it persists.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

GUYS. FURA MADE ME A SAMMICH C:

I may have accidentally...like.....atededed it. >.>

Lqt9R.png

Archi, it really just isn't possible for EVERYONE to ignore EVERYTHING. I don't know how to put it better, but there is too little unification between countries and individuals.

RIP Dawngate ;-;