The Back Room

stevepole

Okay, going to start running the sample game of In Spaaace! starting in around 1-2 hours(depends on when people show up) in the IRC chat #inSpaaace . Going to grab lunch quickly so I wont respond if you try talking to me in the next half hour or so.

Luna_pirate_signature.png

Thanks to DrCue at DeviantArt for the signature source

Okay, going to start running the sample game of In Spaaace! starting in around 1-2 hours(depends on when people show up) in the IRC chat #inSpaaace . Going to grab lunch quickly so I wont respond if you try talking to me in the next half hour or so.

Mather is already running a session of Prototype today, maybe you could run the session of Spaaaace tommorow?

qTLQRuS.png

Mather is already running a session of Prototype today, maybe you could run the session of Spaaaace tommorow?

People play that?

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

People play that?

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Unfortunately I cannot schedule another definate time to run it, and I refuse to be an irresponsible GM like he is being in waiting until the day before the session to give a 4 hour time span for the starting time for a session.(I don't read his game thread as it is definately not something I am getting involved in) There is a slim chance I may be able to arrange something on Friday or Saturday, but don't get your hopes up as it took me the better part of the week to make sure I was open at this time.

EDIT: if players show up I will run it today

People play that?

Yes, there are five people who are playing it.

Edit: There is now three.

I can try to play both at the same time, I don't really mind. I'm sure of course, Mather would not be able to play.

qTLQRuS.png

Also I plan on running a game of In Spaaace! on Tuesday at 1PM US Central time, all you really need to bring is a character idea (pretty much anything that would fit on a cargo spaceship is reasonable, though it would be nice if it made a tad bit of sense working in a delivery company), but knowing the rules would make things alot easier (and if I know you are attending ahead of time it becomes easier for me to plan)

Can someone reschedual their game because someone else wanted to run their game at a time vaguely on the day the other person wanted to...

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

Air Traffic Control Towers have a thankless task...

1) 'Its his fault that he didn't notice the impending collision, despite his radar screen being partially inoperative, his technical support being disabled, his Co-Controller being absent and another air traffic control tower going down and dumping all their plans on him.'

2) 'Its the pilots fault FOR LISTENING TO HIM(When he did notice it), and not their automated guidance system.'

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

[hide]prrMs.jpg[/hide]

Working on a new map.

Sorry about JPEG artifact.

Without JPEG artifact

I am also very fond of this style

And its obviously unfinished owing to the lack of buildings, I may also need to create a few seperate ones for different uses.

I also found this on my computer:

Players will be able to select 1.0 skill, 1 feat and are able to spend 10 gold pieces on items (I will have set up a price list). The feats can be found here: http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/lists/feats or can be made up as long as they're reasonable, skills can be whatever. Proficiencies = 0.5 skill in something

The game will be stacked against them in terms of combat, so non-direct will be favoured (for example utilising scenery, disguising oneself and other methods of combat will be better) I prefer this, I think that being too strong initially won't be very fun. As you advance levels you will be able to kill lower level guards without much effort.

A check (d20 gives you the ability to learn or to advance as skill) I will use a d10 to decide what the player receives.

Books, food, potions, injections and other things give you a chance for a temporary boost in a certain skill (these are about twenty minutes each) can you suggest an online timer that can independently keep track of these sorts of things?

I will add fear, fatigue, coldness, hotness, mana and stuff to the game

Fear is an effect that makes things scared of you, or you scared of it. In the case of player-induced fear it will often be basically the same as role-play and will wear off like other temporary effects. Undead are immune.

Fatigue happens after lots of exercise, mana drain or simply being awake too long. It is based on a slider from 10, you will slowly lose fatigue until eventually you will receive a warning telling you that you are fatigued. When fatigued all skills deplete by ten temporarily for every minute fatigued.

Coldness can be avoided by wearing warm clothing, unfortunately thick clothing can slow movement and decrease skills like strength temporarily while worn. Coldness decreases non-magical abilities by 10% every five minutes in the cold and deals 5% damage every five minutes. Ice magic is stronger in the cold, as thus ice mages have a certain invulnerability to the cold. Heat is cumulative, areas either have a - or + value, clothing has a + value

Overheating is the opposite of coldness, it can be avoided by potions, water, ice and other cold things. Hotness decreases all abilities by 10% every five minutes and deals 5% damage every minute. Heat is cumulative, areas either have a - or + value, clothing has a + value

After +10 or -10 I will introduce arbitrary things, like frostbite or hyperthermia.

Mana increases based on magical levels (4.0 ice, 3.0 earth and 2.0 fire = 9. 0 mana) mana loss is arbitrary.

chickenonaraft.png

qTLQRuS.png

Gaaaaah Garrrussss. Hiisss! Fleee!!!

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

And I couldn't do any of that. I lack drawing skill. Of any kind.. Or programming skill or whatever.

FaladorTavern.png

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

oXRjq.png

[hide]4Pnpk.png[/hide]

749977-ZUCCBS1.gif

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Obscure Anime Reference Quota acheived. I couldn't figure that out to save my life. .. Also, I AM watching ME3 on the back of a pretty darn good LPer.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

Couldn't figure out an 'Evacuating Thread' gif?

I get not understanding anime, but Earth, you gotta step up your game there. :rolleyes:

RIP Dawngate ;-;

In the future, just use this one, it's much better anyways:

Snail%20Abandon%20Thread.gif

Oh, and not to be dragging in emotional drama (don't remember the word), but do you know what really hurts like a [bleep]? When a girl you've recently had a crush on is extremely vocal about how much they love someone with a name that's homophonic with yours.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Negatory, Nex. I didn't understand which Anime it was from. The Evacuate part I understood clearly, and many a lol was had.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

imagesCAP8ZF80.jpg

Honestly, can we please atleast try not doing the things that ended up getting this thread closed previously, if anything it seems like some of the people in here are specifically trying to accomplish that with this nonsense.

In the future, just use this one, it's much better anyways:

Snail%20Abandon%20Thread.gif

Everyone uses that. Plus, I like Angel Beats.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Wyvern? Are you talking about the absolutely insane ammount of randomness? .. Cause it's Off-topic stuff that goes in the Backroom, yes?

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

Wyvern? Are you talking about the absolutely insane ammount of randomness? .. Cause it's Off-topic stuff that goes in the Backroom, yes?

There is a difference between off topic discussion and image spam, followed by random relationship discussions...