The Back Room

stevepole

So your goal is more accomplishing the thing than make money? :)

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

It would likely have earned me a lot of money, if not for dying against Karil at the chest I would have killed all 6 brothers and had like a 90% or so chance at getting some barrows equipment. Also with a 22 killcount in the crypt, I could have gained a fair amount of misc stuff as well.

...And I just now realized that since I can go back and finish it, Karil ought to be a breeze with the Protection against Ranged prayer.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

I would have found it pretty ironic if Mather had been doing it to make money...Since that would involve a complicated set of mechanics that would, ultimately, cause him to tear his brain in two....Or so he claims.

While it is tempting to say 'Safe Spot? That sounds like a complicated set of mechanics', its fairly intuitive...unless he is looking at a guide...in which case he is a hypocrit.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

They're supposed to be good when you kill all of the brothers, at least that's implied by how the rs wiki states that it's "not actually a guarantee".

Also I just failed to poison him again... just gonna rest until all my LP is back and try again.

Oh and Archi, [bleep] off. You don't have to be a brainiac to trap an NPC.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

You know what's awesome? Armored Core V is awesome.

So very awesome.

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

They're supposed to be good when you kill all of the brothers, at least that's implied by how the rs wiki states that it's "not actually a guarantee".

Also I just failed to poison him again... just gonna rest until all my LP is back and try again.

Mind if I make some recommendations? Poison is... Not very effective.

You mean the team game geared for multiplayer? Where you control giant robots of epic?

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

Actually it is. I killed all the other brothers that way, and according to the wiki, Karil is no exception to that weakness. You just have to poison them, hide and wait until they're at about 40% health to bother them again so that they don't run away.

It almost became a problem with Guthan though, but that was not so much me having to try over and over as it was him nearly killing me in two hits.

Though maybe I should switch to aggressive since Karil is weak to slash? My stat difference is only 1 measly point between stab and slash anyways.

EDIT: Oh, wait no, that's defense... Still gonna try it though.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

You mean the team game geared for multiplayer? Where you control giant robots of epic?

Hell yeah. My custom, M-FORT Zaladine, is designed to be as light as possible... I zip around the battlefield at ridiculous speeds, dashing enemies with a laser cutter, using a shotgun as anti-air flak, and heatseeker missiles for support. It feels so boss.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

You bastard, I'm jealous. I really want to play that.

FaladorTavern.png

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

Archi,

On the subject of your space game, It would be nice to see a space game that isn't too futuristic:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RaygunGothic

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RetroRocket

And maybe even if it wasn't set in a 'raygun' atmosphere it would be nice to see a game similar in feeling to system shock.

qTLQRuS.png

Drop rate is actually closer to 10-15% probably.

Barrows isn't a good source of money until level 100+, when you can just use a Sara Godsword or Veracs to melee through all the bosses with the same equipment on.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

You know what is sad? I have not played RS in so long yet I still remember how to do barrows runs.

I remember I stopped running barrows after I had something like a 50 run dry streak, when the odds are supposed to be something like 10%.

Pray melee for dharok, use remaining prayer on verac, if you happen to have any prayer left, kill ahrim with it, otherwise go kill guthan and torag, who can't deal any damage and are basically easymode, even without any prayer, then kill whichever ones you skipped, using a crystal bow/karils crossbow/rune crossbow with whatever bolts (Not ruby) to kill ahrim, since he dies incredibly easy no matter what... Kill karil with melee, protection prayers aren't needed since he can barely deal any damage. Can't remember the exact killcount which was optimal but I believe it is 16, crypt is easy, yada yada yada, get to the chest, if it is anybody but dharok, good, if it is dharok, melee prayer, because even if you have the best armour he can still get that lucky 80 hit in... Teleport to house, back to Canafis via portals, pray on gilded alter first though, then take the underground tunnel, go to the boat, go back to barrows, rinse, repeat.

It's even easier if you are using a godsword and bandos armour since dharok just dies in like two hits and you can do completely prayerless runs via ripping and tearing everything. I remember I used to do like 6 runs per inventory. Then again I was very nearly maxed.

Anyway, I stand by my opinion that Runescape is an alright time killer for those who have only very recently discovered online gaming, or the concept of multiplayer gaming in general, but is otherwise not a particularly good game, with an exceptionally awful combat system. Special mention to it's economy because, for all their shortcomings, and there are a lot of them, Jagex did a good job on that, and merchanting items, while watching people rage as their own stupidity was taken advantage of, was music to my ears and cash to my pocket. Merchanting may have been one of the most enjoyable things I did in my time playing the game.

PS. How much are rares worth nowadays? I recall having about 8 masks of various colours and 2 santa hats or whatever they are called, after liquifying all of my assets and investing in rares.

PPS. All opinions in the above post are just that: Opinions. I have long since quit RS and moved on to greener pastures, though I do still occassionally reminisce. Some information may also be out of date.

Pretty sure most Phats are at 1.9b or something. I don't have much reason to keep up to date with them, but I remember seeing them on the most valuable list on the Grand Exchange watch.

As for the tips, remember that I'm a lvl 90 with next to no money, and I'm just closing in on the abillity to use abyssal whips.

As for merchanting, there's nothing wrong about it, it's just like a stock market. You invest in something and hope it rises in price. I've invested in a Bandos godsword (which is only a staggeringly low 3m now) and two abyssal whips (which are down to 300k a piece).

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Archi,

On the subject of your space game, It would be nice to see a space game that isn't too futuristic:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RaygunGothic

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RetroRocket

And maybe even if it wasn't set in a 'raygun' atmosphere it would be nice to see a game similar in feeling to system shock.

Yeah, I think that would be pretty awesome and pretty much what I was aiming for in terms of the game.

The year is 1971 and the atomic rocket America has just touched down on the Moon. The atomic robots have gone out to collect samples and our intrepid explorers are inimitably sitting in the atomic lounge, drinking their atomic milkshakes for a job well done.

But then something happens. The atomic alerter begins flashing and the Captain checks the atomic view screen and egads! A meteor the size of China is heading directly for America! The atomic communicator beings bleeping, its Houston calling "Meteor approaching, launched by the USSR! We are launching all our nuclear weapons to make sure they don't spread Communism!" Then the atomic communicator just displays atomic static.

You look around the atomic cabin for a moment, all agast at those damned Soviets and worried for your families back on Earth. Then curiosity overtakes you and you put on your atomic spacesuits, open the atomic blast doors and get outside just in time to see the Earth impacted by a giant, non-atomic, meteor.

And then the game begins.

Oh and Archi, [bleep] off. You don't have to be a brainiac to trap an NPC.

Especially if you have a guide and are following a system. :shame:

Gonna keep pointing out your hypocricy until you apologise.

Merchanting may have been one of the most enjoyable things I did in my time playing the game.

Hehe. I entirely disagree...Its fun for a while, then you get that one player who wants to report you for one reason or another. "Gonna report you for scamming. No way I am buying a Dragon Dagger for 80k, they are only worth 60k." then they follow you around (ironically I was in the middle of a quest and not merchanting) shouting 'Archimage_a is a scammer'.

Other times me simply running out of Rune Halberds (Yeah, it was THAT long ago) caused a flurry of people to report me as a scammer because I said 'If you give me the money now I can buy it cheaper'...despite me having been selling there for the past two hours, and two hours before then.

Probably would have been different if I had been merchanting properly, but you know.

Well, that's awkward. The Beta invite timer literally just timed out as soon as I got to the page. Bummer.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

It's a rotating timer. Every time it runs out someone new gets an invite.

How long will we likely have to wait, Ross?

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Ohhhhh....

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

It's a rotating timer. Every time it runs out someone new gets an invite.

How long will we likely have to wait, Ross?

Forever.

But sometime in the next couple days they are adding a donate button, which gives you permenant access to the beta for like $10. It's either that, or wait forever for a key, or wait forever until it comes out.

Metro 2033 is bothersome.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Yes...Yes it is.

After Stalker I had pretty high hopes...But Metro was, to my recollection, a railshooter, with intervening periods where you tried to complete badly designed levels with bad camera control.