The Back Room

stevepole

Yeah yeah, I got the message. I'll have the size fixed tomorrow at school. I'll probably resize it to be 200 x 100 pixels. Or 50 x 50 pixels. I cannot edit it from my laptop BECAUSE the psd file is actually on my school computer...at school. I did not know there was a size limit for the signatures.

Hey Arch, what can I do to reduce the lag for minecraft?

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

Point. Probably works better when it's all on your computer. I guess it's just again, wait for my own comp to use minecraft on.

FaladorTavern.png

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

It's the browser one, bro. I can't install mods on it.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

The primary reason for lag in Minecraft is lack of RAM, shut down unnecessary programs (Skype, Steam and intermet browsers are the three most common idle programs that take up massive amounts of it). Next enter the task manager, go to processes (while Minecraft is running), right-click Java and set priority to high.

Secondly I estimate a lack of graphics processing power could be responsible, to fix this I suggest turning of Windows Aero (the setting that makes Windows' bars translucent) or using the original Windows graphics setting.

For quick use of these changes, as well as cleaning up bugs, malware, etc. that slow down your computer, I suggest getting IObit Advanced System Care.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Close down any programs that might be running on your pared to the bone computer...

Setting Priority to High MAY cause your system to crash (Its pretty unlikely, but just so you know).

Turning Aero off should help a little, carries no real risk of damaging the computer, though you need to remember to reset it at the end because it is VERY noticable.

IObit is obviously a silly idea, unless it provides a way to install without requiring an admin account...or a download.

I would add, though it largely goes without saying, that you should be the only person logged on (Multiple accounts drain so many resources).

Also I would recommend restarting the computer if you frequently leave it for long periods of time (Again, drains alot of resources).

Also, run a speed test on your internet connection, and if you want navigate to Control Panel -> System -> Memory (RAM) and relay the amount of RAM you have. May also be helpful to know the processor.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

Going to get onto the admin account later today to download the minecraft stuff, maybe we can work on getting the mods in or I can just play it plain and unmodded.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

Okiday! I think this is slightly better. Less text....A back round that DOESN'T hurt your eyes with bright as hell colors... And this is a size of 500 x 200 pixels. And this time I horribly failed at making a cloth like back round for Sig Test.

[hide= Sig test]35isp6b.jpg[/hide]

[hide= Sig test 2]s3nh1j.jpg

I figured out what went wrong with Sig Test and fixed it[/hide]

So which is better?

I think I just invented what could potentially be the most painful way to die without taking physical harm. By subjecting myself to soundwaves at 42kHz, the resonant frequency of water, after a few seconds I started to smell my nose drying up. Keep that up for a few hours and the subject would in all likelihood die due to dehydration of the brain.

On a related note, I now have a headache, so I'll go get myself something to drink.

EDIT: Headache wore off before I got around to drinking anything. I believes this confirms that the dehydration was indeed induced by the soundwaves resonating my brain, destroying water molecules.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Wouldn't it be safer to get a water balloon, put it in a sealed container(Preferably Glass or Transparent Plastic) and draw, with a marker, the water level in the balloon (You might also want to use a control balloon...cause, you know, rubber is elastic and water/gas will normally escape over time).

You could then subject it to the sonic waves and see if there is any effect (Given, if the water is breaking down, the water level will decrease, while the pressure changes (I would assume it would decrease, though with the complexity of water...).)

Headache wore off before I got around to drinking anything. I believes this confirms that the dehydration was indeed induced by the soundwaves resonating my brain, destroying water molecules.

Great scientific method there:

'The headache wore off before I drank, therefore I was dehydrated.'

'The headache wore off after I drank, there I was dehydrated.'

What exactly were your failure criteria? If your brain explodes then you weren't dehydrated? If you suddenly develop magical powers?

Oh, and I assume you were using an Oscilloscope to measure the output of the machine, rather than relying on the input displayed by the computer...Given that most modern speakers aren't designed to provide sound over 32 kHz, and that, given you are a Human, you don't actually know if there is a 42 kHz sound.

So yeah...I would suggest you do some serious checks into your hardware and software before you open your sonic death camp.

Few regular speakers are capable of 42kHz, USB headphones whose tone filter is purely software based and optional however are.

And since I was using a headset, only my head was exposed to the soundwaves, hence why the hydration level was restored without without the need for additional water, as the rest of my body acted like a reservoir.

Edit: Added some soda to a glass and put my headphones on it with that tone on loop. 10 minutes later the level seems to have receded with some residue left on the walls of the glass and the smell of it seems more concentrated. Additionally the outside of the glass where the liquid is touching it seems somewhat warmer to the touch than the rest of it.

Edit2: 25 minutes into the test, it has begun to intensify in color and it appears thicker in viscosity.

Edit3: 50 minutes in I turned up the volume. The dry smell quickly returned and I got a minor pain in the right external carotid artery, despite not wearing the headset and thus not expecting any symptoms.

Edit4: 58 minutes in I started experiencing medium pain near the left eye and turned the volume back down.

Addendum edit4: Experiencing blurred vision in the left eye, though all pain receded.

Addendum2: Facial skin paled and slightly discolored under the eyes, similar to the "sick look" you get from common diseases like the common cold or flu.

Edit5: 1 hour in. Liquid decreased to half initial amount, experiencing extremely dry skin. Finishing project due to conclusiveness of evidence.

Addendum edit5: Liquid tasted noticeably concentrated, moisture rapidly returning to skin.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Hoi Archi, I've seen a lot of people on Youtube use a mod, like a cheat mod, for minecraft creative worlds. I can't find it. Little help?

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

No, go look at MSA's buildcraft series. that mod that brings up the survival screen and also all the possible items and recipes for the items, including mods. I dunno if it's a mod or not..

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

Well I beleive thats what I need. Also, do I need to put mods in the bin folder or.. what? Decompress them into the folder?

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

And now I can't figure out how to make it work with mods. hmm.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

Done. Now I have the mods installed with a few bonuses as well. Just need to see if there're any other cool ones.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

Few regular speakers are capable of 42kHz, USB headphones whose tone filter is purely software based and optional however are.

I see...Do these headphones have a highpower tweeter or are you basing your claims off the 'theory' that software can directly vibrate air without any moving parts....

And since I was using a headset, only my head was exposed to the soundwaves, hence why the hydration level was restored without without the need for additional water, as the rest of my body acted like a reservoir.

I have a cat on my lap.

I don't have a cat on my head.

Therefore my head repels cats.

Unless you have a failure criteria your 'experiments' are meaningless.

Edit: Added some soda to a glass and put my headphones on it with that tone on loop. 10 minutes later the level seems to have receded with some residue left on the walls of the glass and the smell of it seems more concentrated. Additionally the outside of the glass where the liquid is touching it seems somewhat warmer to the touch than the rest of it.

Edit2: 25 minutes into the test, it has begun to intensify in color and it appears thicker in viscosity.

Edit3: 50 minutes in I turned up the volume. The dry smell quickly returned and I got a minor pain in the right external carotid artery, despite not wearing the headset and thus not expecting any symptoms.

Edit4: 58 minutes in I started experiencing medium pain near the left eye and turned the volume back down.

Addendum edit4: Experiencing blurred vision in the left eye, though all pain receded.

Addendum2: Facial skin paled and slightly discolored under the eyes, similar to the "sick look" you get from common diseases like the common cold or flu.

Edit5: 1 hour in. Liquid decreased to half initial amount, experiencing extremely dry skin. Finishing project due to conclusiveness of evidence.

Addendum edit5: Liquid tasted noticeably concentrated, moisture rapidly returning to skin.

Amazing as ever.

After further experimentation I discovered that if I pet the cat its ears fold back, thus proving that my hands share a lesser degree of my head's cat repulsing powers.

After several minutes I discovered that the cat was making a noise, I take this as proof that my hand is forcing the cat's lungs up and down, while also causing vibrations in the cat's vocal regions, thus inducing the noise.

Some time later I noticed that I was tracking hair through the living room. I take this to indicate that my feet, in accordance with the laws of thermomagnetism, must attract cats and cat byproducts, such as hair.

After a while I noticed that my toes were cold, this indicates that I unsettled the balance between my cat repellant field by putting a cat on my lap. I immediately resolved to pet a dog, but before I could do that my feet warmed up, proving my cat repellant field had been restored.

A short while later I ate some tuna and thereby strengthing my cat repellant field because the cat didn't come near me while I slept in my hermetically sealed room. However the Tuna is not permenant, as the next day the cat sat in my lap again.

Importantly the cat stands next to my feet when I am standing, which proves that my feet attract cats, in conjunction to my cat hair tracking abilities.

Anecdotal evidence, a sample of one person, an ignorance of related facts (say the placebo effect 'I think I should find I get a headache...Hey, wait a second, I am getting a headache'), and a total lack of actual scientific method all contribute to what I would call the 'Invalidation' of your evidence.