The Back Room

stevepole

The plan is to create the components sepperately then just use wireless redstone to connect them together.

How much RAM do you think I should make? I've made 1kB so far. 32 columns of 32 stacks of 8 bit units.

Oh, and when we're testing the computer eventually, I can just use the client mod that allows me to render what it calls extreme distance, which is 512 blocks.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Ah, seems like a cool plan.

What exactly would you be using this computer to do? As interesting as building a glorified adding machine is, it has been done.

It would be rather interesting to build a minecraft Difference Engine though, using Gravel or Sand, rather than Redstone... Not sure how you would do it exactly, but anyway...

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

Actually, I plan to just make it a basic computer. Maybe make it programmable or something, or making it possible to use a button keyboard to write on the screen.

Good luck with that, making a computer is alot harder than you think it is. Also have fun making your own ISA and implementing I/O, those will be be very interesting for you.

Luna_pirate_signature.png

Thanks to DrCue at DeviantArt for the signature source

Actually, I plan to just make it a basic computer. Maybe make it programmable or something, or making it possible to use a button keyboard to write on the screen.

Good luck with that, making a computer is alot harder than you think it is. Also have fun making your own ISA and implementing I/O, those will be be very interesting for you.

Don't worry, thinking he's better at something than the rest of us is Mather's specialty.

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Nope, I am fully aware that I have no idea what I'm doing. But something I'm really good at, is being a stubborn son of a [bleep].

Also I've already mastered the arts of the binary converter, having made more binary to seven segment translators than you can imagine.

And the fact that I've been taking a class dedicated to the inner workings of a computer isn't going to hurt either.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

I find honesty is something people infer when you are honest.

I would imagine most of the people in the Tavern generally assume I am being honest because I rarely lie, and have even told the truth when it is of detriment to me.

However, if you are looking for a quick and dirty way to 'be honest' then be self-effacing, don't trying to justify stuff and just tell the truth (Or lies that can't be found out).

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

Well, that's a big computer. Fun. Also, hooray for lots of projects and binders about to fall apart.. Meh.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

That's a ridiculous amount of effort to just make a computer in minecraft. ... Really.

FaladorTavern.png

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

Not with WorldEdit it isn't.

EDIT: Apparently Justin Bieber is in Oslo... I'm finding it hard to suppress my desire to grab a sword, drive out there and put an end to his butchery of innocent ears.

In honestly thinking that you would become worse than he is ever likely to be.

I appreciate people's dislike of things, but the hyperbole could be done without.

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

I couldn't care less. Really I don't mind his singing, and it doesn't matter either way.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]