The Back Room

stevepole

Who else here was really impressed by Song from the Depths?

It wasn't particularly epic, no. But if you pay attention, it really delivers the feels.

They did a great job with One piercing Note, making you really feel sister Catherina's death after her character development.

But here with Remora... all I could think was "No." Never before have I ever wanted to kill a high-level monster for any other reason than to continue a quest, but her I really wish to avenge her, though it'll be many years until I'm able to do so.

Hahaha, Runescape.

So what are your thoughts on the new in-game gambling system?

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Who else here was really impressed by Song from the Depths?

It wasn't particularly epic, no. But if you pay attention, it really delivers the feels.

It was just too short. At the beginning I was thinking "[bleep] yes, vaguely Lovecraftian mystery that ties into the Dragonkin story", but it ended far too soon. It would have been better if it wasn't just an introduction for the QBD.

True, but to be fair the ending was abrupt in a sense that they haven't used since Devious Minds, making it a slight trauma both to us players and all the characters involved. I think JaGEx wanted us to look forward to more, so as to make us want to kill the Queen Black Dragon for closure when we saw how it ended.

Also it served another purpose as well; properly introducing us to the Raptor, showing exactly how much of a munchkin he is.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Yes, talk about ze Runescape Member stuff with a guy who doesn't play it anymore.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

Also it served another purpose as well; properly introducing us to the Raptor, showing exactly how much of a munchkin he is.

Actually it makes him less one-dimensional. Before this, he was sort of a munchkin/blood knight, he only appeared where there were things to fight and his introduction/defining scene is him getting a slayer task from Kuradel (And him reacting with excitement at being assigned 5,000 dagannoths). This quest shows that he's actually heroic, just very ruthless.

Yes, talk about ze Runescape Member stuff with a guy who doesn't play it anymore.

Let people have their fun, its no worse than any of the other times people talk about things that only interest themselves and the other person(sometimes not even then).

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

Heroic isn't quite the right word, he just can't set a target for himself, doesn't mean he won't trample innocent corpses to achieve those others set for him. This quest proves his character similar to a munchkin player rather than a munchkin adventurer. And it also proves that despite appearances, he's got some respect for the player.

Additionally it serves as an indicator of his skills. From what we've seen of him from before, he just seemed strong and ruthless, this shows him to be far above 99 in at least defense since he's able to block sustained fire from the QBD with a regular kiteshield.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Point. It's better than rampant arguments.

FaladorTavern.png

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

Any respectable slayer that goes to Kuradel would already be using anti-fire potions. :o

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

24w82yo.png

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Any respectable slayer that goes to Kuradel would already be using anti-fire potions. :o

Except for how if he had anti-fire potions, he would be ready to kill her, something he apparently wasn't since he fled together with the player, only to tell us he was going to.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Heroic isn't quite the right word, he just can't set a target for himself, doesn't mean he won't trample innocent corpses to achieve those others set for him. This quest proves his character similar to a munchkin player rather than a munchkin adventurer. And it also proves that despite appearances, he's got some respect for the player.

Additionally it serves as an indicator of his skills. From what we've seen of him from before, he just seemed strong and ruthless, this shows him to be far above 99 in at least defense since he's able to block sustained fire from the QBD with a regular kiteshield.

...Defense doesn't work that way :???:

Before, all we saw of him was that he was obsessed with combat, and he'd frequently belittle your achievements (Unless you finished Nomad's Requiem, where he'd say you're as strong as he is).

[spoiler=Quest spoiler (For the ...maybe one person that still plays and haven't finished it)]

The big shift is at the end, when you confront the siren. He points out that the safest thing to do for the city is to kill her, since her powers are what set the quest in motion. Plus, her story proves that this wasn't the first time she had done that kind of thing. She's well-meaning but was incredibly dangerous even before the QBD captured her.

So he's pretty much a "get the job done at any cost" kind of guy who enjoys combat, as opposed to just a guy that enjoys combat. He probably escaped the QBD because he wasn't prepared to fight a giant dragon-abomination.

24w82yo.png

He is thinking:

'Damn I am awesome, who else would have thought to buy flame resistant underwear'

Alternatively:

[hide]

Nexling.png

[/hide]

I felt it was something of a cross between 'I am not left handed', 'I don't always drink beer', and 'I pity the fool'.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

So I don't drink left handed beer made by fools? Because that's the least sensible combo I could come up with that was still slightly coherent.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

RIP Dawngate ;-;

I know the references mate, I was making a joke.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

I found this on 4chan. It is based on the post number that is given after a post is made:

1337954342643.png

Anybody want to modify it and play a game of hegemony on it?

-

Also, I want to run a game soon. So I've been mapping out a super-large dungeon.

qTLQRuS.png

I found this on 4chan. It is based on the post number that is given after a post is made:

[hide]

Fatea.png

[/hide]

-

Also, I want to run a game soon. So I've been mapping out a super-large dungeon.

Fixed image

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

[hide]

Fatea.png

[/hide]

-

Fixed image

I don't see it.

qTLQRuS.png