The Back Room

stevepole

If I used Hamachi, I would still be providing an IP to my computer, which has the website running on it.

As for using PMs, that would still be breaking the rules, just doing so where the mods can't stumble upon it.

We could arrange for the re-sharing of my DNS somewhere off-site though, but it would be easier to wait for the server I'm helping with to get multiworld (also that would still allow me to play online at times of high traffic without getting crap (see average) pings).

The address to the server I'm playing on is pureskillz.net, you can register on the website with the same domain name.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Maybe you'd like to take it to a PM so it's a damn sight easier to find the information, instead of leaving it to the future of maybe digging through pages of backlog to find the posts on seperate pages?

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

Why worry, he's already banned, he'll just get banned some more if he keeps doing it.

FaladorTavern.png

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

Why worry, he's already banned, he'll just get banned some more if he keeps doing it.

I'm banned from a server I've never been on.

-

You don't get over abuse of a position of trust/power, it shows a personality flaw that means that you clearly shouldn't be in a position of trust/power and that it is unsafe and unfun for you to be in one.

qTLQRuS.png

... What?

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

I post annoying anime crap, Earth goes mad over whatever, Retech abuses systems and extorts players, Mather and Archi argue, Wyvern schemes evilly, Andvari and Dungeonal gracefully troll us, Nero plays the magnificent bastard, Ross, Stork, Mask, and Fura act like all-around bros, and Hex gets banned.

These are the immutable laws of the tavern. We shouldn't be surprised.

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

tY99J.png

DDG1E.png

Joined the server, the owner Ouyso just having destroyed part of Yellowmore.

-

Also, I didn't find the server very fun.

You weren't allowed to build in most of the areas, for example the area I was standing in in the screenshot didn't allow me to build.

Doors were locked, I wasn't allowed to enter and exit without the doors owner (or a mod/admin which is like everybody) opening it for me to let me through. I don't see why doors should be locked!

The server lagged hideously, it had oreobfuscator and nocheat. Oreobfuscator is supposed to stop X-raying, it works by essentially replacing blocks around the radius you mine so you can imagine that there are a load of unecessary block updates, instead they could use found-diamonds or other non-laggy method. Nocheat on a laggy server just doesn't work, it teleports 'flyers' back but actually just slows down anybody who lags which is quite annoying.

The majority of the community semed to have creative mode, I didn't feel it was a legitimate server.

/back, /home and /tpa makes the game too easy.

Protection of land is too heavily used, protect the buildings, not the entire grassland and such around an area.

The prospect of Mather having a position of power is one that scares me, based on previous experiences I expect he would randomly abuse his powers, spawn items and generally ruin the experience. I didn't feel secure in that environment.

I built a cobble-square style house near a road but got kicked for building a bridge over the road (which I suppose is reasonable but it a bit harsh, if I'm not allowed to build in a village I don't want to be in it).

PvP was off, I like it on incase somebody vandalises or steals.

qTLQRuS.png

I get mad sometimes, mostly just rather stressed and hyper. Other times I just post random things in attempt to either A. provoke discussion or B. derail the current one. Full time job right there.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

I post annoying anime crap, Earth goes mad over whatever, Retech abuses systems and extorts players, Mather and Archi argue, Wyvern schemes evilly, Andvari and Dungeonal gracefully troll us, Nero plays the magnificent bastard, Ross, Stork, Mask, and Fura act like all-around bros, and Hex gets banned.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHhuXadGGDY

I would try running a IC2 server, but it appears my modem has spontanously blocked IC2 website. :rolleyes:

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

Archimage, if you want, send me the server files over PM and I can try to run it for you.

-

I personally see minecraft as the perfect platform to run a dungeon crawl on. Somebody hosts a server (maybe for three-five hours like a dungeoneering game) with a map created on it. With worledit I could probably create a relatively large underground complex packed with loot with a days work.

Minecraft has disarmable traps, monsters, enchanted weapons, potions and loads of other cool stuff. Playing it as a multiplayer dungeon crawl would just be awesome.

I suggest we have rotating GM's and host sessions infrequently (monthly) to give people time to make maps.

Video: A dungeon complex in minecraft, made with mcedit & worledit

qTLQRuS.png

Wouldn't do that if I were you. Ouyso has a really crappy laptop and only a 3MB internet, and even he can play without any lag, so the lag says more about Nef' setup than it does about the server.

As for most of what you complained about there, Nef, it's there to stop people like you. In fact your actions actually forced the two owners to get an anti-grief plugin.

Additionally, Ouyso didn't even have to go by any rules to fairly ban you, here's a message from him I got on Skype:

"[00:40:45] _ouyso: Han herre Het gjorde at alle ble sure, så jeg bannet han."

Translated: "This guy Het pissed everyone off, so I banned him."

Seem familiar?

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Nefer, no rotational GM's, because I personally know that I can trust Archi to not make damn stupid maps that're made to purposefully trap people at every corner. Not saying yours would, but I KNOW archi's wouldn't.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

w7nDU.png

The wooden pressure plate could possibly active a door, TNT, an arrow, a mob, a treasure chest or something completely different. The chest could contain enchanted waepons, food, arrows, tools and potions.

Objectives could be things such as [CTM], complete the monument in which people have to find treasure around the dungeon to complete a monument, it could be linear, it could be a chase scene with a non-player acting as the NPC. It has a lot of scope.

Creating dungeons allows minecraft to be used to its full potential, there isn't any sort of silly restrictions that detract from intended vanilla gameplay, it's free to be played how the players would like the play it.

Takes like a second to build dungeons, that took me about 5 minutes and I reckon I could average about 10 rooms in half an hour if I build efficently, I see no reason why a minecraft dungeoneering session couldn't even be held weekly!

To be honest, it wouldn't even need to be underground. I could make skyships:

[hide]

5a32u.png

7o9E2.png

OnQtz.png

[/hide]

Or Art Decor style buildings (a la bioshock)

[hide]

EDOGQ.jpg

[/hide]

(those are from my creative world)

-

Earth, obviously people shouldn't make their maps like some sort of attempt to massacre everybody but to be honest, even a hard minecraft map shouldn't be too frustrating. Traps and mobs are powerful, but the fact that all blocks are destroyable means that the game is a lot less frustrating, it's clear.

Obviously if people don't like the maps people like, they can vote for somebody else next game.

And obviously, you can't just have one person making all the dungeons. I think it would be nice as a showcase of creativity/ to see peoples ideas and such.

If we do all have minecraft I could try and create a dungeon as a starter and then hopefully we could move onto other people making dungeons.

-

On top of that, I could terraform land outside to give people free land to build outside of the dungeons. I am fairly good with MCedit and Voxelsniper so I could probably create an above ground land and then dungeons underneath. It would be like a sort of roleplay, you gather resources on land and you can tackle the dungeons underneath to find better resources and such.

In fact, I reckon that with a bit of imagination we could make a fully blown 'roleplay' out of it! I (or whoever is GMing) could use /say to speak on behalf of a villager like /Say Butcher: I am selling meat which would come up in purple.

qTLQRuS.png

Creating dungeons allows minecraft to be used to its full potential, there isn't any sort of silly restrictions that detract from intended vanilla gameplay, it's free to be played how the players would like the play it.

Oh? Perhaps I'm just not good with redstone wiring, but I've had a lot of trouble with building traps and the like in the vanilla game.

Yeah, I didn't actually burn my mouth, just heard the sugar and spit sizzle.

Also I should probably take a break and find something to eat, I've been re-watching Avatar - The Last Airbender for 7 hours straight now, and additionally I only now realized that the fact that I had my window wide open caused my legs to freeze to the point of having no sense of feeling left at all.

EDIT: Wait, forgot the fact that the episodes are 24 minutes each, not 20, so make that 8 and a half hour.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

I can't tell who the blood is coming out of.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.