The Back Room

stevepole

today. Was just not good travel day. Dog crapped in the car, everywhere.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

If anyone ever has the good fortune to get the chance to attend a lecture by Craig Campbell I would recommend you take the chance...His general disinterest in technology is very amusing, especially given how much the University I am at wants us to use electronic everything.

So his concession to the International Politics department mandate that EVERYTHING must be submitted electronically is to bypass their special website, create a new website, entitle the website 'essay', intentionally lower case like he just couldn't be bothered, leave the 'Description:' tags and fill in all the criteria as 'essay' in what was obviously a cut and paste job.

So the due date (today, Huzzah) is essay, the marking criteria is essay, the further reading is essay...It is truely a sight to behold.

So yeah, my view of Americans has improved :thumbsup:

On the otherhand I think I broke Godwin's law when I compared Truman to Hitler...in a vaguely good way...Said he largely let the Government run itself.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

So the result of your research and my conversation with you was that Truman had traits on common is Hitler? :!:

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

The blasphemy!!!!!Nope.

FaladorTavern.png

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

Well, the conversation I had with Nex, Wyvern, Paul, Ross, Ico AND you(Sorry Earth, but I didn't want to bother you via PM, everyone else is on IM) AND my research (psht, research...The people I collected to support my opinions), pointed towards the fact that Truman, during the Berlin Airlift, and in his general behaviour, was to set a basically unachievable goal:

* Supply Berlin from the Air

Without making the key decisions:

* We are in Berlin even if it brings War

* We will pull out of Berlin before War

Thus leaving the JCS to make the Strategically Horrific move to commit the US reserve Airforce (The airforce America would use to ensure freedom of action during the opening stages of a Hot War, pre-1949 and the Soviet Atomic Bomb) to the airlift. As such Truman could claim that he knew nothing of the plan if it all went horribly wrong and America found itself crippled.

On another level he put great store by the Vunderweapons, Atomic Bombs, while being completely detached from the realities of war by not attending any/many of the NSC meetings.

Hitler did much the same thing on all counts...He ignored reality, he depended on Vunderweapons, he set up government bodies with overlapping jurisdictions and then left them to fight over how to implement the 'word of God' (aka, him).

The ultimate point of which was to highlight that America was not following a consistant plan during the opening stages of the Cold War, beyond that of what the President thought was a good idea...when he was asked...which wasn't often.

Ergo, Hitler.

Oh, that's fine, I don't have an IM anyways so heh. Also, I guess that makes sense.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

I am thinking that Democracy is more or less dead in the UK...

What we need is someone from the 19th Century who, you know, knew how to run a country...rather than several thousand councillers arguing for a horrible compromise.

Compromiss are horrible from everyone's point of view. You don't get everything you want in any of them.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

Last time I checked, flipping the bird wasn't against the forum rules... or any other rules in any other place...

It's just a hand signal, it's frowned upon in elementary school, but not even there do they try to stop you from doing it.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Tch. My highschool and my middle school both punish people who flip others off.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

Why does everyone hate Dusty, anyways?

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

I don't think that is the case.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Correction; Why do Mather, Earth, and Lei hate Dusty?

RIP Dawngate ;-;

I don't hate him, I was joking. Heh. EDIT: Also, Mods? Please remove my posts so it doesn't look like I'm a triple posting idiot? Well not the Compromise post but the other two yeah. Kthnxbye.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

Correction; Why do Mather, Earth, and Lei hate Dusty?

Because of his hostile, cocky and condescending attitude.

Welcome to real life?

He could be much worse, he just plays to win.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

I do that too, and you don't hate me, Mather. :P

At least, I think not.

Oh man. I love Dokapon Kingdom and then I find a let'splay of hilarious intent just right here on Youtube. Makes me wish I wasn't doing it by myself.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

Last time I checked, flipping the bird wasn't against the forum rules... or any other rules in any other place...

It's just a hand signal, it's frowned upon in elementary school, but not even there do they try to stop you from doing it.

Please flip off a policeman. See how he frowns upon you.

qTLQRuS.png

I do that too, and you don't hate me, Mather. :P

At least, I think not.

You're neither of those.

Dusty is funny.I think Mather calling Dusty condescending and cocky is relatively ironic as well.

I may be a bit cocky at times, but I'm not condescending.

Last time I checked, flipping the bird wasn't against the forum rules... or any other rules in any other place...It's just a hand signal, it's frowned upon in elementary school, but not even there do they try to stop you from doing it.
Please flip off a policeman. See how he frowns upon you.

If I flipped of a random policeman, I'm pretty sure he wouldn't even frown, but rather do this. :huh:

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1