The Back Room

stevepole

Last time I checked, flipping the bird wasn't against the forum rules... or any other rules in any other place...It's just a hand signal, it's frowned upon in elementary school, but not even there do they try to stop you from doing it.
Please flip off a policeman. See how he frowns upon you.

If I flipped of a random policeman, I'm pretty sure he wouldn't even frown, but rather do this. :huh:

I'm pretty sure he would arrest you, but by all means, test the theory.

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Mather, that very statement is.. Hmm. Actually I'm bad at this kind of stuff, I'm better at hitting things and reading things.

Oh and here's a cool video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_5oxi8SsDo&feature=watch_response

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

Last time I checked, flipping the bird wasn't against the forum rules... or any other rules in any other place...It's just a hand signal, it's frowned upon in elementary school, but not even there do they try to stop you from doing it.
Please flip off a policeman. See how he frowns upon you.

If I flipped of a random policeman, I'm pretty sure he wouldn't even frown, but rather do this. :huh:

I'm pretty sure he would arrest you, but by all means, test the theory.

Try to film it as well.

qTLQRuS.png

Wow, I realized your legal systems were [bleep]ed up, but your law enforcement too?

Boy am I glad I live in a country that can be said to employ the terms "freedom" and "justice" unironically.

Pretty sure that they can't legally arrest someone for that in the US, but giving the police the finger would most likely offend them regardless of where in the world they are. They are human, after all.

GAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!

Im screwed! Next assignment for my Creative Writing 2 class is a SCRIPT! I HAVE NO CLUE WHAT TO WRITE A DAMN SCRIPT ON!

Anyone have any ideas? I'll gladly accept any idea that doesnt sound really stupid

Edited by Ieyfura
Editted to avoid stretching the page

Oh, Norway's police allow you to abuse members of society? That's okay, you're just expressing your freedom.

Since when is flipping someone the bird the same as abusing them?

Wow, I realized your legal systems were [bleep]ed up, but your law enforcement too?

Boy am I glad I live in a country that can be said to employ the terms "freedom" and "justice" unironically.

Pretty sure that they can't legally arrest someone for that in the US, but giving the police the finger would most likely offend them regardless of where in the world they are. They are human, after all.

Well duh they'd be offended, but their first reaction would be "wtf?".

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Earth, that is indeed a great remake of the classic Rainbow Factory song (though to be honest there are lots of really high quality remixes of that song).

Lei: Help! I cannot think of anything to write a script about.

Wyvren: Well, You shouldn't have that much difficulty in picking something out, as it is basically just normal writing with only dialogue.

Owl: Unless she's actually supposed to be writing stage directions or a screenplay?

Wyvern: Well of course my fine feathery friend, in those cases you just rearrange your normal writing to have the dialogue and instructions for the character together, and keep the general setting information in the scene descriptions.

Owl: Yeah, its all fairly simple to transfer an idea to being a script. Though why exactly are you talking to an owl... Actually wait, How am I talking? Owls dont talk... unless this is all because of you know who?

Luna_pirate_signature.png

Thanks to DrCue at DeviantArt for the signature source

Not that I don't think that we could come to a successful conclusion by arguing that 'I am right and you are wrong'...but:

Canada:

Public incitement of hatred (s. 319). Every one who, by communicating statements in a public place, incites hatred against any identifiable group where such incitement is likely to lead to a breach of the peace is guilty of [a crime].

America:

There are certain well-defined and narrowly limited classes of speech, the prevention and punishment of which have never been thought to raise any constitutional problem. These include the lewd and obscene, the profane, the libelous, and the insulting or "fighting words" those that by their very utterance inflict injury or tend to incite an immediate breach of the peace

Norway:

Section 135. Any person who endangers the general peace by publicly insulting or

provoking hatred of the Constitution or any public authority or by publicly stirring up one

part of the population against another, or who aids and abets thereto, shall be liable to

fines or to detention or imprisonment for a term not exceeding one year.

http://www.un.org/Depts/los/LEGISLATIONANDTREATIES/PDFFILES/NOR_penal_code.pdf

So yeah. You can get arrested for swearing at a police officer in America, Canada or Norway. (Probably Britain too, but I am no-one denied that)

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

I have never heard of anyone being apprehended for insulting a police officer.

I have however heard of someone testing that law, and I think it was Sogndal that was the only place he got away from calling an officer a "damned horse-[rooster]" without getting a fine.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Mather, when can Justice ever be used unironically? Just imagine if there was justice for EVERYTHING. Not a viable concept.

FaladorTavern.png

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

Wonderful Nuzlocke avatar, Alg.

Wonderful ponybeat remix, Earth.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

I have never heard of anyone being apprehended for insulting a police officer.

I have however heard of someone testing that law, and I think it was Sogndal that was the only place he got away from calling an officer a "damned horse-[rooster]" without getting a fine.

It is illegal to do many things...for instance record TV on a video player...Yet it is still done by very many(or was done, way back when) people, including police officers, because the general populus didn't consider it neccessary to follow that law.

However, had someone wanted to they could have taken the case to court and had the person arrested.

Ergo, if you swear at a Norwegian Policeman he may let you off with a warning/ignore you...alternatively he may arrest you, take you to court and have you sentenced to a year in prison.

The deciding factors are:

1) What kind of person the police officer is

2) What kind of people his superiors are

3) The Judge and Jury you get

4) The type of person you are

All of which are rather depends on circumstantial factors and cannot be objectively, or pre-emptively, known.

Thus it is a matter of opinion, and not fact, as to whether you will be arrested or not...Though if you wanted to make an objective statement then it would be 'If you do this then the Law states that you WILL be punished.'

Cool, now if we're done hypothetically posturing at each other and flipping off policemen, what's next on the discussion roulette?

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

A match of Silly Buggers? Yes, No? Have we finished that last ten rounds yet?

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

XD Thanks Earth! I am very much aware of how a script looks.

Turns out I have to write about two animals that escape and turn it into a screenplay. But thank you for your help

What do I do for my chemistry project? It can't be explosive, overly dangerous, or stupid. Otherwise, I have free reign.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Create a replica of the failed North Korean missile launch.

Bonus points if it causes an international uproar

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Well, my suggestion would be:

'I can't believe its not perpetual motion'

Homopolar motor, powered by some sort of clear liquid that produces electricity through simple electrochemical reaction.

Silver Nitrate or Lead Nitrate would probably be best (Or less toxic nitrates, though do be advised most will produce hydrogen, which is more dangerous than Silver or Lead), assuming you can get iron screws.

Simply, you build your traditional homopolar motor, then you encase the (iron) screw in a tight fitting, but smooth case, then proceed to provide a circuitous path by means of a second homopolar motor.

You then build a small waterway between the two, then, when activated, the two motors act as archimedies screws to life the 'water'.

However, one goes the other way, as the electric flow is top to bottom, rather than bottom to top.

I have no idea how you would 'decide' which side was going up and which side was going down. I am sure our resident expert on magnetics will be able to tell you how it is done, but anyway...

[hide]

ICBINPM.png

[/hide]

Silver Nitrate + Iron -> Silver + Iron(II) Nitrate

Fe | Fe2+(aq) / 2Ag)+(aq), 2Ag(s) | Fe(s) Ecell =1.41307 V

Iron:

Mass: 155.43 grams

Moles: 2.78

Silver Nitrate:

Concentration: 1.00 Mole/L-1

Water:

Volume: 49.91 cm3

Mass: 49.91 grams

Temperature: 24.95 Degrees C

Correction; Why do Mather, Earth, and Lei hate Dusty?

Because of his hostile, cocky and condescending attitude.

Welcome to real life?

He could be much worse, he just plays to win.

Don't worry, Mather is just jealous of me and my splendor.