The Back Room

stevepole

Escapist videos are hilarious. Just.. No Punctuation ones, at least.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

Babies are cute because of evolution, some animals eat their children or abandon them. Because the children are so weak and unable to do anything by themselves they have to rely on a mother to continue feeding and protecting them. The ugly babies were removed from the gene pool as a small minority of parents abandoned their ugly children because they didn't feel as much attachment to them.

qTLQRuS.png

Actually I'm pretty sure babies seeming cute is something that's just programmed into our own brains to make us protect them. Because from an objective point of view, they're just people with negligible mental capacity and deformed proportions who shit themselves and scream.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Can't agree with you there...Many a time I have heard people say that they are just acting with their own children, and actually they think much the same as everyone else...

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

there's a time and a place to give up a dream. That was not a place to give up the dream of cute babies. Thanks.

FaladorTavern.png

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

One must admit that there is a certain "D'AAAAWWWW" factor for some of us, that creates the delusion that babies are pleasant things despite all the annoyances. :P

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Nex is right... Though I have a maternal instinct....since I'm the eldest of four....

I'm not lying. Apperantly I once tried to stop my sister from crying when she was a baby (Whuuut?)

And the youngest of my siblings is autistic... (I'll eventually post the rough draft of my memoir piece for my Creative Writing class here in a hide tab thingy, instead of trying to explain it all now.)

The term 'autistic' is ridiculous because it refers to such a wide range of symptoms: either banging their head repeatedly against a wall or just being mildly anti-social.

It is an imprecise term, yes.

You also seem to be an insensitive [bleep].

RIP Dawngate ;-;

When was that news, Nex? He's always been so. Should have been obvious with the "Ugly babies were weedfed out of the gene pool" comment.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

The term 'autistic' is ridiculous because it refers to such a wide range of symptoms: either banging their head repeatedly against a wall or just being mildly anti-social.

Actually the term is for someone who has either of these symptoms:

An unexplainable distaste for anything of a certain color and hence is uncomfortable with seeing or handling something off that color.

An unexplainable distaste for two certain colors being in contact and hence is uncomfortable with seeing objects of those two colors come in contact with eachother.

Unexplainable anxiety or discomfort in the presence of other people in general and hence a preference for being completely shut off or in the presence of non-humans.

An unexplainable dependence on certain objects, factors or routines to deal with certain situations. Similar to OCD, but of more irrational nature.

Major difficulty and uncomfortableness with unexpected changes.

I'm pretty sure there are more, but none that I can remember.

This is why I disagree with Asperger's being on the Autism spectrum, as it's worst cases only shares a few, lesser versions of the symptoms, despite having many of the same advantages.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Actually the term is for someone who has either of these symptoms:

An unexplainable distaste for anything of a certain color and hence is uncomfortable with seeing or handling something off that color.

An unexplainable distaste for two certain colors being in contact and hence is uncomfortable with seeing objects of those two colors come in contact with eachother.

Unexplainable anxiety or discomfort in the presence of other people in general and hence a preference for being completely shut off or in the presence of non-humans.

An unexplainable dependence on certain objects, factors or routines to deal with certain situations. Similar to OCD, but of more irrational nature.

Major difficulty and uncomfortableness with unexpected changes.

Really? You're really too lazy to google it?

Sounds like you're mistaking autism for a cross of OCD and color blindness or something.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Nope, OCD is just a defense mechanism gone wrong with the brain setting up a routine for how to deal with something, while for Autism, this may be something like having to use the same exact socket when vacuuming the house, only using one specific product of each thing, having one piece of clothing you have to wear while driving or even being unable to leave the house without having a certain object in your left front pocket.

As for the colors, it's the opposite of colorblindness, they may feel distaste for a color in the same way a normal person feels distaste for gore.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Nope, OCD is just a defense mechanism gone wrong with the brain setting up a routine for how to deal with something, while for Autism, this may be something like having to use the same exact socket when vacuuming the house, only using one specific product of each thing, having one piece of clothing you have to wear while driving or even being unable to leave the house without having a certain object in your left front pocket.

...I'm no psychologist but I'm pretty sure that's OCD.

Even so, the dislike for colours isn't a problem with all types of the Autistic Spectrum which is why it's so unclear and badly layed out. The entire concept needs to be reworked in a more simple way that doesn't just bunch a load of differently impaired people together in the same group. The word is essentially the same as grouping all drinks by their colour or some other completely unrelated thing instead of grouping them by taste/ingredients.

Mather, I'm pretty sure that what you're talking about is OCD, like not stepping on cracks or only eating at certain times and such. This is a trait exhibited by SOME people of the autistic spectrum, but not all. This is why the term is ridiculous.

qTLQRuS.png

For OCD, it's still just part of the process itself even when it's not a direct form of defense mechanism, like not stepping on cracks is part of walking, but for Autism, it doesn't have to be, there it's just tying one thing to another and having that be a mental necessity.

Checking the all the lights thrice every time before going to bed, that's OCD. Closing the toilet lid and shower curtains every time before going to bed, that's Autism.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Again, pretty sure that's the definition of OCD.

Though if Wikipedia is to be believed, obsessive-compulsive personality disorder is on the autism spectrum. To quote the wiki quoting someone else: " OCPD has some of the same symptoms as obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD). However, people with OCD have unwanted thoughts, while people with OCPD believe that their thoughts are correct"

:wall: Why exactly are you debating this? between all of you, you almost certainly have less knowledge on this subject than a trained professional learned in the first hour of classes on the subject. I don't particularly think its worthwhile to debate a subject which may as well be magic for all the insights that you can provide on the subject. (aimed at the general discussion not anyone in particular)

Luna_pirate_signature.png

Thanks to DrCue at DeviantArt for the signature source