The Back Room

stevepole

Ergh. Lags like all get out. I'll screw around with it and figure out how to make it better.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

You should pass on your new minor headache annoyance headphones to intelligence agencies worldwide Mather. If only the Soviets had had this sort of nuisance causing torture device, they might have won the cold war!

Upon further investigation I've concluded that Mather was not infact listening to a repeating loop of sound at 42kHz, but instead had accidentally looped this track, which no doubt accounts for the headache.

NERO Argh. Also, Optifine works like a charm. Thanks Nefer.

FaladorTavern.png

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

All hail Nero, our glorious overlord.

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

You should pass on your new minor headache annoyance headphones to intelligence agencies worldwide Mather. If only the Soviets had had this sort of nuisance causing torture device, they might have won the cold war!

Upon further investigation I've concluded that Mather was not infact listening to a repeating loop of sound at 42kHz, but instead had accidentally looped this track, which no doubt accounts for the headache.

I don't think there's anyone in the world capable of making that mistake using the tone feature of Audacity.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

World War 2 (HOI3 AAR):

Following the failure to defeat Nazi aggression in Poland, Prime Minister Neville Chamberlain vows to 'Bring the Fight to Hitler' and when Denmark is invaded he gets his chance. Immediately serveral dozen mechanised assault troops are dispatched and not only succeed in protecting Denmark, but also succeed in seizing Kiel and Lyck.

Buoyed up by this succeed Britain launches two further attacks, the first to retake the Netherlands, mostly occupied by Germany, and to invade Memel.

Both of these attacks are a resounding success, each liberating large sections of German soil from tyranny. However, in the interrim, France has managed to lose the ground war, despite these interferances on the German Perphiery. As the French line collapses north of France, the British are forced to pull out of the Netherlands, perhaps this would evoke feelings of guilt, but given the Dutch army spent the whole conflict on a single province Chamberlain declares 'Lazy Foreigners' and is met with great appaluse.

The battle in Eastern Germany/Poland hits a further stumbling block when Norway spontanously declares war on the Allies(Invaded? No. Influenced? No. Just up and declares war), and Britain is forced to pull back forces to fight the Norwegian menace. Half way through that conflict, still holding onto Koenigsburg, the Italians join, and hasten the demise of France, forcing a general British Retreat from the continent, save for Denmark. Though German U-Boat activity precludes the holding of Kiel (Seriously, supply shortages everywhere)

Norway is restablished as an Allied nation, and as France crumbles, Britain engages in heavy warfare in North Africa.

The year is 1941, April. In Germany, though Blitzkrieg is widely discredited, Hitler has somehow hung onto his power, but across the Atlantic the USA has been watching events with much interest. The gallant struggle of Britain and France has stirred the public imagination and soon Roosevelt is able to force through Congress a declaration of War.

Meanwhile the Soviet Union watches, seeing the collapse of the Imperial Powers as drawing ever closers.

In China there is no more China. Japan has seized total control.

This could be interesting =P

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

It is very difficult to remember all of the recipes in Minecraft.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

Yes. Yes it is.

Personally I use the wiki...or a peice of paper.

Anywho, it is July 1942. After single handedly defeating Italy, and establishing a buffer state with Germany (Cause the game is silly and spawns a North Italy that is at peace with you...and attacking it would bring Japan into the war), Chamberlain, the Great Apologetic WarMonger, has invaded and occupied a vast swath of France.

President Roosevelt, meanwhile, has retreated the Channel Islands with some 30,000 men, after being repulsed twice by Hitler. Chamberlain, frustrated at the childish ignorance of the Americans, sent an expedition to assist, drawn from the Danish Defence. This imperiled the security of Copanhagen, which allowed several German warships to slip through the Sound, which lead to a large scale destruction of British shipping. The expedition failed in its main objective, but prevented the American army from being destroyed, at least.

Meanwhile the British pushed up through France, having liberated a large portion of it.

[hide]

America%27s%20contribution%20to%20the%20war.png

[/hide]

Also for reference:

America.png

Reminds me of a strategy in Eu3...

Land England

Are you liberating or conquering France?

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Can't with a mod that forces you to work with limited knowledge on hwo the hell the stuff is supposed to be made. thaumcraft is a bugger in that respect, and TMI doesn't give me the recipes for it.. Also, texture glitches with Tainted land made me laugh at the funny purple blocks, and then a sheep tried to murder me. It nearly did.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

Pen and paper...

Liberating, of course. (You don't get a choice, its HOI3 <_< )

Just finished. August 1943 (Was finishable in March 1943 but I let the computer do the final chase all the dots bit, after having wiped out 9 tenths of the German Army in a cunning ploy (Involving mainly spoons), which involved building a bucket of ports in Denmark, retreating, then having them move in to protect them.(Sounds more gamey than it was, since I was just trying to feed my infantry when I built the ports)).

The USSR stayed neutral, and the USA gave up on actually invading, and instead sent me an Expedition force in January 1943, which came in handy when I switched over to the computer, though it was mostly Britain invades the crap out of Europe (And lets her navy go to hell)...By the end my navy was down to something like 50 ships, mostly transports and destroyers. I think 2 battleships/cruisers and 1 Carrier. The Battleships and Carrier were built before the war, while the Destroyers were mostly State of the Art.

However the ending event that triggers assumes the USSR is in the war, so it automatically got Poland, despite not being involved...which sucked.

Also Northern Italy is ruled by Facists, since the game doesn't spawn a Northern Italy at war with you...

At least Vichy France actually disappeared AFTER I released France, rather than spontanously spawning France while my people were still inside it.

I was planning to pull and invasion of Japan (Which also stayed neutral), but the game really drags you down when the events make no sense at all...well, worse than that, they are unavoidable unless you declare war on the USSR and Japan...Which is fine if the USA is running the show, or if you are allied with Russia...But when you have between 10 and 16 divisions (Placed end to end they didn't even cross the whole of Europe...If they had then the game would have finished in August 1942...since several Germans escaped the Russian Border and started reeking havok), you don't really stand half a chance against Russia...and shipping your whole army off to fight Japan precludes it being in Europe to fight the barely contained Germany.

Added to this the game makes it neigh on impossible to actually sink...nay....attack...Submarines. Dozens of Destroyers/Battleships/Carriers/Cruisers roaming the seas (most getting sunk by aircraft, despite the state of the art Interceptor squadrons you shelled out for cause of game bugs...the rest getting sunk by German Battleships that mysteriously appear despite it heavy blockades (you can't actually blockade...you have to hope your Captains can spot the ship in the 5 seconds they have to spot it...)) and every other month I get a submarine combat, which ends inconclusively.

What prompted my invasion of Italy was that the system had exausted my surplus and reserve Convoy ships, so I was really getting hammered...So I invaded Italy and lo, the attacks ceased (for the most part), giving me time to build more ships.

The Nuclear rules are really very annoying as well. You need to research 3 techs once, and then one tech 4 times, and build a nuclear reactor. You can build a reactor up to 10, but that has next to no effect on anything....Instead you are left with .1 bombs per month...which is nothing.

Rockets are also terrible unless you want to individually assign the launchpoint, find the rocket amoung the 20 you built, assign the attack area, and then repeat for the other 20 you build...Each of them doing about 10% damage to a specific thing(in a province), so you need hundreds of them to make a sizable dent in an enemy country...Meanwhile, despite being radar guided, they can't find the submarines that you can clearly see on the screen.

Its a good game...Just feels like they went 'That will do' once too often....

Anywho.

Soon as I find all the stuff then I'd be happy to use the pen and paper method.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

A server game? I may lag like a bloody bugger, but I wouldn't mind it.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

Except Dark Heresy is too deadly to be regular tomb raiders, if we have 50% chance of being waylaid by any random trap. :)

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.