The Back Room

stevepole

Okay. OMW.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

Mkk. Omw again

FaladorTavern.png

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

Hey Archi, how secretive should the to-be-renamed international society generally be? Public, open secret, government coverup, complete information blackout, or 'incinerate a city block with operatives still inside to prevent our existence being learned of'?

I'm trying to think what would be funnest to play, and then work off of that. Afterwards, I'll be considering the exact nature and degree of their missions, and their relationship with the Union and Libertines. The Old British, I figure, would act something like "play by our rules, or get the hell out of our city".

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Hey Archi, how secretive should the to-be-renamed international society generally be? Public, open secret, government coverup, complete information blackout, or 'incinerate a city block with operatives still inside to prevent our existence being learned of'?

I'm trying to think what would be funnest to play, and then work off of that. Afterwards, I'll be considering the exact nature and degree of their missions, and their relationship with the Union and Libertines. The Old British, I figure, would act something like "play by our rules, or get the hell out of our city".

Secret organisations should be so secret that everyone knows about them. Templars for instance. Everyone knows about them, everyone thinks they exist, and therefore no one believes that a small group of individuals could actually be the Templars because then what?

Similarly, the Illuminati. There are University groups you can join to become part of the Illuminati, and therefore the society can operate undercover (if it exists) without arosing any suspision.

Preferably you would also release TV/Radio programs filled with conspiracy theories and nut jobs telling people that they(The society) exists, leaking genuine with the fanciful.

However, in order to keep stuff secret, I assume they have installed several minor flaws in hover/vechicles, causing them to accidently-on purpose run into buildings containing evidence and then blow up. In addition they probably use subtle means as well, such as doctoring photos, character assassinations of witnesses...The whole Scientology bit.

Preferably all done under a shill...Alternatively by the sort of wierdos that people just roll their eyes...like the 'Leave Britney alone' person.

In simple terms, 'Look at the feet because you aren't watching the hands'.

I would imagine the British would take a more laid back view of events because it is assumed everyone will play cricket. If they don't...well...thats not cricket...not cricket at all...

I can't remember enough to be tremendously helpful, but I would imagine that the British would wait for something to go wrong before trying to solve it...Rather than trying to solve it before it goes wrong, and thus creating several other problems...and so on and so forth.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

Using the Templars as an example. :)

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Heh. Nefer, the MC server is kind of a bust right now. Couldn't log onto it.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

I think he just got tired of waiting, bro.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

Rc stuff is pretty cool actually. I'm wondering whether I should download it.. Hm.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

So many mods. so many.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

Secret organisations should be so secret that everyone knows about them. Templars for instance. Everyone knows about them, everyone thinks they exist, and therefore no one believes that a small group of individuals could actually be the Templars because then what?

Similarly, the Illuminati. There are University groups you can join to become part of the Illuminati, and therefore the society can operate undercover (if it exists) without arosing any suspision.

Preferably you would also release TV/Radio programs filled with conspiracy theories and nut jobs telling people that they(The society) exists, leaking genuine with the fanciful.

However, in order to keep stuff secret, I assume they have installed several minor flaws in hover/vechicles, causing them to accidently-on purpose run into buildings containing evidence and then blow up. In addition they probably use subtle means as well, such as doctoring photos, character assassinations of witnesses...The whole Scientology bit.

Preferably all done under a shill...Alternatively by the sort of wierdos that people just roll their eyes...like the 'Leave Britney alone' person.

In simple terms, 'Look at the feet because you aren't watching the hands'.

I would imagine the British would take a more laid back view of events because it is assumed everyone will play cricket. If they don't...well...thats not cricket...not cricket at all...

I can't remember enough to be tremendously helpful, but I would imagine that the British would wait for something to go wrong before trying to solve it...Rather than trying to solve it before it goes wrong, and thus creating several other problems...and so on and so forth.

Sounds reasonable. What do you mean 'shill'?

The Old British are supposed to be somewhat competent, as both an Imperium-like figure and a callback to the cutthroat imperialistic monarchy they once were. I feel that the society would meet different sets of obstacles in interactions with each of the three major factions. The Old British have enough power and knowledge to oppose their operations if things don't go to code, the slightest whiff of magic in Union territory will cause a mass panic and possibly mobilization of military assets, and being the closest I can get to NPC Tavernites the Libertines will be dangerously unpredictable from one to the other.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shill

A shill, plant, or stooge is a person who publicly helps a person or organization without disclosing that he has a close relationship with that person or organization.

Hehe, British Cut Throat Imperialism:

Home Government Orders, 1720 to 1945 in regards to India "You must entirely refrain from expanding our power, we cannot undertake more commitments"...and then India fell into their lap.

The age of Imperialism didn't really have the mustache twirling villiany people assume it does.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

The age of Imperialism didn't really have the mustache twirling villiany people assume it does.

That's what the society WANTS us to think!

RIP Dawngate ;-;

...American Society wants you to think all Englishmen walked around taxing Tea, Stamps and Liberty, as well as being generally evil.

That's what the society WANTS us to think American Society wants us to think!

RIP Dawngate ;-;

This is getting complicated.

:twss:

The s is for society.

That's what THE SOCIETY said!

RIP Dawngate ;-;

The My people mod is awesome. You get to make spawners. Infinite chickens!

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

Yay, I think I may finally be seeing an end to these fake infraction messages from "Jagex".

Finally.png

Uh oh, it looks like you've crossed the society for the last time.

RIP Dawngate ;-;