Green Fingers or JOAT

crabman27

It just prevents disease for the time it is active. It's not bad, but JOAT might benefit you more with free xp every day if you're not maxed yet.

With regular tier 1 greenfingers you average around ~1.5 extra herbs a run. With remote farm, torstols, and tier 2+ aura you can increase your herb running profits by a lot in the long run.

With tier 2 greenfingers BUT NOT remote farm, I average around 48 herbs/run with an average 2-3 extra herbs a run. I would have to go over my data to get exact figures for you. Lord Paul has started a spreadsheet, but there's not too much conclusive data yet.

Cheers.

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

I have both and I would say JOAT. If you are using Juju's and remote farm greenfingers is a waste. Unless I am doing something wrong I think greenfingers is crap. But it wouldn't be the first time I was wrong :P lol.

JOAT is a nice one though, that daily exp adds up.

I have both and I would say JOAT. If you are using Juju's and remote farm greenfingers is a waste. Unless I am doing something wrong I think greenfingers is crap. But it wouldn't be the first time I was wrong :P lol.

Eh, based on a sample size of 535 torstol seeds with T2 greenfingers+juju+scroll of life, you're looking at an extra 40k profit atm, assuming buying and selling at med.

Anyways, I have both and still agree that JoAt would be better.

Working on max and completionist capes.

2435/2475

Eh, based on a sample size of 535 torstol seeds with T2 greenfingers+juju+scroll of life, you're looking at an extra 40k profit atm, assuming buying and selling at med.

Anyways, I have both and still agree that JoAt would be better.

Ok I'll start using it again. I used it for a while after I got it and it just seemed like I got better herb yields without greenfingers. But it seems you have done far more observation than I, so, thanks!

Greenfingers will be useful for as long as you're making money (at a rate of 5m/hr or less with your other methods), JoT only as long as you care for xp (which, granted, can be a very long time).

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

I absolutely love green fingers aura though I haven't got tier 2 yet, since I wanted penance for fight kiln. A good reason to get green fingers is that marigolds will practically never die without any compost at all if you do your herb runs fast enough as they grow in 15 minutes and the aura last 20. Also, I made 2.5m in one herb run a couple of days ago with 5 torstol seeds back even though that doesn't really relate to green fingers. lol I also have Jack of trades and its quite amazing for summoning xp or runecrafting, and I'd recomend getting that first.

[hide=Account stats]
taltin_yc.png
rennn_diy.png
[/hide]

My DIY Blog

To continue the one-sided-ness: JoT

JoT combined with pengs and troll invasion xp rewards, its about a free 100k xp per week.

I do have tier 2 greenfingers as well. I'm getting a little more than one extra herb per run of 5 patches.

I've never seen Sixth Sense nor Inception nor many other popular movies and I intend to keep it that way.

JoT combined with pengs and troll invasion xp rewards, its about a free 100k xp per week.

The list is a bit longer than that, you might have forgotten to include Shattered Heart rocks, the crafting and mining exp from red sandstone, and so on.

hzvjpwS.gif

The list is a bit longer than that, you might have forgotten to include Shattered Heart rocks, the crafting and mining exp from red sandstone, and so on.

Yeah, but those things can go towards any skill and that is what I meant. Its ~100k xp/wk for any skill you choose from just those 3 activities. Whereas Shattered Heart is non-combat (and also somewhat luck-dependent to get rocks), sandstone is mining and crafting, wicked hood is runecrafting, circus is magic/ranged/agility/firemaking, and Bork is combat & summoning charms.

I've never seen Sixth Sense nor Inception nor many other popular movies and I intend to keep it that way.

Troll Invasion isn't a weekly activity though and it's about 50k and up a month. Penguins are about 30k/week, JOT usually around 8k. So it's not really 100k a week. Depending on what levels and how many points per peng etc you're looking at what, 60k/week? Maybe 80k? If you divide Troll Invasion's exp over the course of 4 weeks and you only include non-skilling things as you said. (So no wicked hood, Herblore Habitat, Shattered Heart, etc)

hzvjpwS.gif

Using your numbers:

50k xp/month at troll = 12.5k xp/wk

peng xp = 30k xp/wk

JoaT (7*8k) = 56k xp/wk

Summing that up is 98.5k xp/wk, more if used on higher skills, less if used on lower skills. I use mine on skills ~lvl 90, so its a little more.

Using your numbers:

50k xp/month at troll = 12.5k xp/wk

peng xp = 30k xp/wk

JoaT (7*8k) = 56k xp/wk

Summing that up is 98.5k xp/wk, more if used on higher skills, less if used on lower skills. I use mine on skills ~lvl 90, so its a little more.

DEEEEEEEEEEERP.

I'm an idiot and got so focused on the fact that I knew TI was a monthly activity, I forgot that JOT is a DAILY thing.

I am a huge idiot, and I apologize :P

hzvjpwS.gif