Ace of Spades

Hugger_88

http://i.imgur.com/ZfjeJ.png

If any of you want to continue playing the original Ace of Spades, head to the website in the image.

• Like 1

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

^Yep, BuildAndShoot for the old (free) version (.75). Steam for the payed ($10) version (1.0). I'll consider getting the payed version in the future (maybe on a Steam sale), but only if I see they do some major changes to it (right now it's a little too fast-paced, hectic, and explosiony, and mining/building serves basically no purpose anymore).

When I see stuff like this...

AKpmv.png

I worry that those blank slots could be indicators of future DLC (is that the correct term?), in which case I'm totally uninterested.

Zanty.jpegsigquotes.png

I bought the game, but it's been poorly optimized for low end pc's (contrary to what they've told us) so a lot of people (myself included) are getting horrible fps lag in game on minimum settings, making the game unplayable. Waste of $10....

From their q&a pre-release

LinktersHaZe:

What are the system requirements for the game

Arash:

These are not final yet. But we are aiming for as low spec as we can. We appreciate that there will be many users on lower end systems, so we will have graphics settings to make it playable, and run compatibility test so that as many of you as possible can have fun

EDIT:

Meanwhile we are working hard on bringing down the system requirements to play the game and optimizing latency so the overall experience is get’s better and better. Currently we are working on getting servers up and running closer to Australia so that anyone in that area of the world should see some big improvements shortly.

I'm glad they've atleast addressed the issue.

They're adding a Castle Wars map, haha. A little bit of nostalgia if I can ever play the game.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

• 2 weeks later...

The game would be amazing if:

• They fixed collision - Get stuck on blocks and die
  • They fixed hitboxes - My leg is not my head and should not be treated as such when it comes to bullets.
  • They booted 300+ latency players - Australians in US-East = bad
  • Balanced the Miner's shotgun. Has same range as sniper
  • Balanced Commando RPG - Has more range and area than sniper
  • Crashing when a large number of chunks are updated - try collapsing a tower and you will crash
  • Fix Jumping - Not smooth
  • Added different types of zombies and balanced damage in zombie mode - Zombies require 5+ melee hits to infect and zombies die in 3-5 bullets
  • More gun options per class
  • Add flying vehicles like the video which caused me to get the game demonstrated
  • Optimize chunk loading and unloading

But yeah, logged 12 hours of time in game in the past two days.

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

• 2 weeks later...

The game is $5 for the next 22 hours: http://store.steampowered.com/app/224540/?snr=1_620_4__45_1

That was my pricepoint, too... but I really don't think I'll be buying (it really doesn't look very appealing, maybe in the future when/if they add more stuff).

Zanty.jpegsigquotes.png

Total biscuit ripped it a new one in his reviews.

I have to agree based on the game play he showed.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

I bought it on the steam sale. It's still very clearly a Beta, but I thoroughly enjoyed my time with it, in a very retarded way. It still has its very noticeable problems (rockets do no damage unless you hit them spot on).

It's always fun to destroy an entire structure by undermining it too. I didn't get his complaint about rocketing, rocketeer is probably the worst class and I've never, ever seen one do anything of value whatsoever.

My wishlist is moew explosive classes à la demoman from tf2.

I saw that review too. Looks it could have been really fun, but they had no idea what they were doing. Minecraft pvp is way better.

2480+ total

• 2 weeks later...

Unrelated, but I very much dislike TB. He's an arrogant [wagon].

Maybe but he does exactly what it says on the tin :P 'the cynical brit'

2480+ total

• 4 weeks later...