Ace of Spades

Hugger_88

I agree. It could simply be that the heads are very big themselves, and when you crouch all you can shoot is the head. Although it does make the game go much faster.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

You guys should come use the Aloha TOW server. It's a game type called Tug of war where you assault enemy bases one by one. It's hard to explain, but much more action packed than the CTF.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

[hide]o93gY.png[/hide]

This map was great, very hilly so you could be tactical yet had lots of combat for those who like to fight. These are my types of maps.

I don't have much success building forts and such, there's no teamwork most of the time.

I agree about the headshot range. It is very frustrating when you're the one getting shot :P

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

You get used to the headshots very quickly. It put me off my first game but now it doesn't bother me.

I prefer the more flat maps so you can build different forts on each side and fight each other. Though, there's always some griefer who knocks them down for no reason....

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

I hate how players fortification tactics are sub-par. They hear the cliche "high ground is good" and start building a huge fortress on top of a mountain far to the side away from the action and you can't even see the bottom. :wall:

So a third of the team is just Minecraft'ing and the rest of us are getting our asses handed to us because we don't got enough men to cover the front.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Have any of you played on the aloha babel server? There's a giant platform in the sky that you have to build a tower to reach to get the enemy intel. They've disabled destroying friendly blocks so griefers can't ruin the fun. You have to defend your tower from enemy attack and build it up to reach the floating platform, or go on the assualt and destroy the enemies tower before they can build it up high enough.

Have any of you played on the aloha babel server? There's a giant platform in the sky that you have to build a tower to reach to get the enemy intel. They've disabled destroying friendly blocks so griefers can't ruin the fun. You have to defend your tower from enemy attack and build it up to reach the floating platform, or go on the assualt and destroy the enemies tower before they can build it up high enough.

I played it once but my team was utterly atrocious. I was the only person building our tower, while being constantly attacked by enemies. My team were building forts at our base for some odd reason, so the enemy just kept getting to me straight away.

The Aloha servers are the best at the moment as they have 4 different game types. Not tried their zombie server yet though, as TOW has been taking my attention. I'd love to see my k/d ratio, as at the moment I seem to be getting 3- kills per life with the smg. The strategy is to crouch and use sights then let off a small burst at their head.

zqXeV.jpg

Ohh I love that map!

mdeosig.png

hytbanner2.png

Proud (retired) Tip.it Times Editor! Tip.it Times Archives TET event forum

The game is pretty fun, but I suffer from immense connection issues (because most of the servers are in the US).

Same here, and the only Australian server runs a shitty hourglass map surrounded by lava with no digging or anything. Also it's still pretty horrible connection-wise. Did have fun for about five minutes constantly killing some guy who was "griefing the other team" which I guess amounts to putting blocks in front of their face or whatever.

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

Griefing is destroying or blocking allied structures. It's actually a huge problem. There's always some [wagon] on your team who destroys what you spent a lot of time building. On some of the island maps I'll build bridges across the water to make travel easier, but someone on my team always knocks them down. Really annoying.

Griefing is destroying or blocking allied structures. It's actually a huge problem. There's always some [wagon] on your team who destroys what you spent a lot of time building. On some of the island maps I'll build bridges across the water to make travel easier, but someone on my team always knocks them down. Really annoying.

I saw you earlier on the stadium map raging at them. :P

I tried the zombie game for the first time today, and I must say, it is a lot more action packed than the other games I've played. Loads of fun (zombie side).

mdeosig.png

hytbanner2.png

Proud (retired) Tip.it Times Editor! Tip.it Times Archives TET event forum

I saw you earlier on the stadium map raging at them. :P

I tried the zombie game for the first time today, and I must say, it is a lot more action packed than the other games I've played. Loads of fun (zombie side).

I can only rebuild a tower so many times before I lose it. <_<

I played the zombie server once, but it was very unpopulated so I captured the intel 3 times and left.

I get too annoyed on the babel server. I'll be building on my own, and would expect my team to be attacking the enemy as they aren't helping me build, yet the enemy is right in my face destroying my towers. Makes me wonder what the team are actually doing.

zqXeV.jpg

Played this game for a little bit yesterday, pretty fun stuff. It's nice to have a game that my computer can actually run. :wall: Do you guys more or less just choose random servers from the list on the ace of spades site?

Played this game for a little bit yesterday, pretty fun stuff. It's nice to have a game that my computer can actually run. :wall: Do you guys more or less just choose random servers from the list on the ace of spades site?

Yeah I normally just pick one of the 32 player servers or the aloha babel server.

I go for Either Aloha Babel, Aloha TOW or the highest British hosted server so I don't get much lagg.

zqXeV.jpg

The Aloha servers are the best.

Anyway the latest version came out. What we get:

•  
  • -added click+drag building with right-click
  • -player sprinting added (Shift, disables autoclimb/shooting)
  • -new masterserver with gamemode, map, and ports
  • -3rd-person team deathcamera added
  • -spectator team added
  • -wave respawning spawns players with teammates
  • -added ejected bullet casings
  • -weapon specific tracer effects
  • -better particle effects
  • -no more pixelation on turning or lookin up/down
  • -better accuracy model (weighted toward center)
  • -weapons now deal different block damage
  • -SMG block damage reduced
  • -rifle block damage increased
  • -spade block damage increased
  • -spade melee damage reduced
  • -minor shotgun/SMG improvements
  • -better connection error messages
  • -localization fixes (fixed translations and characters converted)
  • -less annoying respawn beeps
  • -grab block color is now mappable (default key: e)
  • -killed heavyweight library dependencies (faster load times)
  • -server auto-reconnects to masterserver

Tomorrow I shall see how the headshot accuracy has been improved, that was one of the bigger annoyances methinks.

Also, a little question about the rifle zoomed in view. Is aiming the red tip of the rifle the part where the bullet will fire? I seem to be missing blatant headshots.

Image here: http://gyazo.com/d7f59daef49dcb803b5d0d3722435afb

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

I use a custom scope for all of my weapons which makes it a lot easier to aim.

shotgun.png

You can edit scopes by going to the Ace of Spades folder, clicking on png, then removing the current images for the scopes and adding in whatever scope you want. Just make sure you rename it the same as the default scope (so either smg, semi, or shotgun), or the game will crash if you try to aim down sight.

Not sure about normal servers, but Aloha Tow has become a glitched nightmare because of the update.

zqXeV.jpg

Most of the scripts for game types have been fixed and even the lagg has subsided. Back to having some spectacular firefights.

zqXeV.jpg

My most irrdating pet peeve on this game, is that players waste time and manpower on building STUPID structures at base...a box surrounding the tent for instance: WHY? Instead of fighting on the front lines or guarding our flanks, these Minecraft [wagon]es build stupid shit back at base. I'll rather have five crappily built bunkers in the front line than even 1 [wagon] building a three-floor bunker in base.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg