Farewell Runescape

knowsfords

Today i was on my little level 3 miner. Someone was teasing this poor guy because he only had a mith longsword and iron kite. I stood up for him and he called me a noob.

Then he said his main was level 109 called utopiopa who i checked up and doesnt appear in the highscores. He later logged out

Poochu.png

You, see, I'll be at 2 years March 8th, (which makes me a medium veteran maybe? lol?) and I have even seen a dramatic change in that time. I remember when I would log on, there would be 20k people on. I'd say that even then, as I was a noob, people were much nicer.

Later, in September, I was hacked, and lost all of my earnings including red mask...All of a sudden, everyone started getting worse.

It's sad to see people ruin others for pure profit...

It's also sad to see veterans who know how the game started, go. I wish the best of luck to you, and hope you have a good time in the real world. :wink:

I've been playing Runescape for 5 years myself, and every time I feel that way, I take a couple months off, come back, and its just as fun as ever. Sorry to see a player like you go. Good luck in real life.

- EDR 98% of teenagers have been drunk or around alcohol. Put this in your signature if you like bagels

yup, jagex wants more profit now than personality... is sad to see jagex worsen and worsen along with the economy. Seems to be more and more noobs begging for "phr33 stof pl0x omg!!11". I wish I was back in 2001, the good ol' days... when jagex and the players could get along in peace. Barely any noobs, everyone as honest. I just can't see why these lazy autoer noobs have to use a machine to earn virtual items... thats just SAD. They honestly need to get a life... and well, be honest!

Of course, I will no quit runescape, but I believe my public and private chat will lean more towards the "friends" option now. I really need to do a friend list clean-out.

Anyways, I wish you too good luck on your quitting of runescape(not entirely though).

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

it used to be that in multicombat people wouldnt wait for you to attack and then start attacking the same thing so they didnt get hit, now we have people waiting around in fight caves because A) they arnt high enough lvl to attack the Ket's or B) they are ranging or mage and dont have armor.....i know its multicombat but come on people, what about respect for people, what about understanding they are using food to fight it, it belong to them.

sig3gk6.png

it used to be that in multicombat people wouldnt wait for you to attack and then start attacking the same thing so they didnt get hit, now we have people waiting around in fight caves because A) they arnt high enough lvl to attack the Ket's or B) they are ranging or mage and dont have armor.....i know its multicombat but come on people, what about respect for people, what about understanding they are using food to fight it, it belong to them.
:?

Anyways, YES! THE COMMUNITY! IS GOING! TO HELL!.... seriously. Someone curb the flow of newbs and make RS3/do the same thing they jsut recently did to classic :x

I was wcing in f2p yesterday and lost two rune axes... how?

I coudlnt find them on the floor after the heads came off and soem picked them up. I asked who did at and the person who stole the first one sid he'd sell it back to me to 1million to begin with, then 500k then 100k. Sad thing is he wasnt joking. So i bought another one off someone for 20k. Lost the axe head someone picked it up and tele''d away with it.

Its not much i9 no buy back before people would have just given you them back out of kindness.

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

Five years.

Over that period I have seen the community worsen day after day and a humble economy grow to something overly extraordinary which stagnates potential training avenues due to cost.

In short, I have grown weary of runescape. You may see me again occasionally, but for now I wish you all good luck in the game.

Good, go away.

Bye.

im at the 10 month mark... :lol: ...but the thing making me less attracted to playing is the way RS seems so based on "pixels". If im wearing full rune...lv 90+s will approach and be like " ur lv 111, why u wearing rune?!?!?". Also...the fact that everything in this game seems to require money now due to "merchanters" (never even heard vof merchanters in an mmorpg...only rs). Yew logs going up...ess....everything. Meaning u cant really have fun anymore. And like a friend told me " the rich only get richer" which is true...I play this game to enjoy myself but when ur mocked for ur wealth in a GAME...kinda a turn-off to the addiction

13 months playing here, I agree the community is full of 12 yo's going on nine. However amongst the rabble I have met some really decent ppl, young and "old".

I belong to a private adult runescape clan (invitation only and started by one of the top 30 players) who doesnt pk, and work to establish fun and skill building contests along with other things. so nice to be able to train alongside with someone who isnt giggling about body parts or gastro-instestinal noises.

Outside of that, I have been a recluse, mining away in the arsinian gold mine, cutting magics in elfland, training on fires in the smoke dungeon, anything to be left alone..sad really, it is a mmorpg after all, where part of the fun is inter-acting with other ppl.

Anyway, peace and happy life and all :)

lord+krohn.png

RS name: lord krohn Combat 138

slayer specific: 103 whips, 38 dark bows and 250+ dragon boots dropped to date.

Dragon drops: 5 Half shields, 21 drag legs, 8 dragon skirts, and 9 drag meds dropped to date.

agreed , been playing for 3 years now and its going downhill cant do much about it then stay positive and hope it will get beter ..i try just to laugh at those ppl and talk to a selective few.

I guess pmods have it even worse then normal players because of "the curse of the silver crown"

good luck in your life.

...So nice to be able to train alongside with someone who isnt giggling about body parts or gastro-instestinal noises.

Anyway, peace and happy life and all :)

Fart. Gigglegigglegiggle.

Life goes on, buddy, even the best things you outgrow. Never did figure out Zoidberg's fascination with Fords (or aversion to), but may the first man you kill (IRL) drop a dragon half, and may all your future attention posts get 3 pages.

Best of luck, and au revior. :wink:

Five years.

Over that period I have seen the community worsen day after day and a humble economy grow to something overly extraordinary which stagnates potential training avenues due to cost.

In short, I have grown weary of runescape. You may see me again occasionally, but for now I wish you all good luck in the game.

Good, go away.

Bye.

This is exactly what I'm talking about, what did I do to you to warrant such a response?

i hate it when all the lvl 70s and 90s claim to be playing for 5 years so full of cabbage

Why would people claim that if it wasn't true? I doubt anyone is pathetic enough to need the compliments and awe of people on internet forums to the point where they have to lie about how long they've been playing.

As to the author of the post: good luck, and I agree with all the points you made.