Tip.It Times: Cleaning away the scum

Eeeeediot

This mass ban and their news item seem very lame for several reasons ...

The News item claims "We can detect this type of cheating VERY easily" - if this was so then macroers would not exist (as they would all be instantly banned) - Why do they make this false claim?

Also they should ban people continuously as they are detected - why do they wait and then ban 15000 at once. It is clearly impossible to properly consider the 15000 resulting ban appeals (which isn't exactly fair to anyone)

Finally it did nothing to stop macroers - earlier today I saw 7 onscreen at the same time, (so there were probably more than 20 in total) in/outside essence bank, all L3, default figure, with names in sequence.

And yet people go on about this as if it's a great thing?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My point is, I Really think Jagex is not stating the truth !

If they baned that many accounts the servers would be empty.

Almost all macro would be gone, intead, I am seeing it still going on at almost the same rate as before the banning message was posted.

If you dont belive me, go up one world one and see for your self.

15,000 accounts would empty 7 servers..................................

after awhile of think i relised there are alot of other things jagex could come down harder on then microing i mean it is a drain on runescape but ,not as big as pass scamming ,witch within 10 minutes of being baned most people have already made a new acount witch does'nt stop a level 3 from yelling ''jagex blocks your password see ****** cool! try it'' I think they have thee priortys staights i mean for the ignorant ,or new players runescapes not a trusting ,or welcoming place .

I heartily agree with this article. I only started playing runescape last may however, even on my first day. People were macroing and just plain abusive to me and others.

This especially reminded of me of a time when i was on karamja, I was just minding my own buisness fishing for lobsters when this character starts talking about how it was close to chirstmas. Then he went as far as to say that he would want to go to Israel or someother middle-eastern country which was not predominantly catholic and yell at them to not follow their religion's guidelines during that holiday season and to celebrate Christmas. Now i am personally catholic, but such cruel remarks towards others personal religions just shocked me. Runescape is full of people of many different ethnicities and religions and this person had the radical idea of thinking that his religion was important and no one else's was.

Its these kinds of events that shock me and many others, along with the constant beggars who if you don't give them free stuff decide to verbally abuse you until you set them to ignore or log off. I just can't figure out why there is always that group of people who think they are better off than others and can downtrod on them and crush the morals and hopes and dreams of others. For as some may know from their grade level (if still in school) that there is always that one small group who will try to ruin everyone elses fun.

It is for these very reasons that I believe that Runescape should crack down more on people who are racist, sexist, or just verbally abusive and this would help create a better game for all.

people need to realize the reason why you STILL SEE AUTOERS, ya they can detect them fast, but as far as i know they still dont have a way to LOG THEM OFF AND BAN, they do mass bans for PR, with new language versions coming out they need to look good public relationswise

you still see autoers because its like 200 people hired TO auto, and whenever they get banned they just make new accounts, its not too hard when its their JOB, and they run like 20 windows and all

i dont think jagex is lying, i also dont think people realize the REAL problem tho, and it isnt exactly in game, the only way jagex will stop them is by destroying the RL RS economy, if people cant make money from it they wont try, even if they can make $5000/week and it cost them $500 to run their setup then theyre still making out

we, as users, must stygmatize and condemn rl item trading in order to stop it

you still see autoers because its like 200 people hired TO auto, and whenever they get banned they just make new accounts, its not too hard when its their JOB, and they run like 20 windows and all

Yep. Gold farmers and the like are the underbelly but unfortunate reality of MMORPGs.

I agree. We just need to do our part and give no quarter to these opportunists.

I do not think that it would be excessively hard to make a way of intantly banning someone when they were flagged for autoing; all you would have to do is make a table in their information database and list all of the names of known cheaters; when a new cheater was discoered, they would just insert a new row of info detailing the person IP adress, username, and other info. Whenever someone tried to log in, Runescape would do a search in this table to see if the person's username was in the "banned" table, and if it was, they would not be able to log on. The only drawback to this is that the person would have to log out at some point in time.....of course, you could force the person to log out; I am pretty sure that they can do that because they log you out if your character is inactive for a certain amount of time.

• 4 weeks later...

Let me begin by saying that the greed factor is all together to true. I've been an avid player of rs for a good long time and i think part of said greed factor is due to inflation. I rember when deals were made in 10's or 1000 not 1000's of 1000. having 500k was rich and the best equipment would set you back a huge 200k. I'm not saying i do not enjoy the better weapons but now in a world where you need thousands of millions its not suprising that people are wanting more. something needs to be done about prices before anything can be done about wanting more money.

All may seem fine, but i have noticed that some friends that have not used macros at all are even banned. One person got banned for advertising a site (all he said this drop was supported by ~~~), one got banned for no known reason, another got banned for going into the wild and burying 1k big bones, and one other got banned for something which i can remember (but it was a repedative task). Although it may stop troublemakers, it is almost like an abrasive sanding over the wood of the game.

well, if they are going to mass ban that many people at the same time, they are obviously going to make a few mistakes, and although it may not seem fair to the non-guilty(indeed its not) if you dont want people to cheat thats just what your going to have to put up with

although I doubt the ban had a large impact on the cheating...

The most common objection I've seen to the mass banning approach of Jagex is that innocent people may be banned as well. I'm an f2p player, and I plan to become a member after I raise my stats and finish all of the f2p quests. I'm still a low level, only 36 combat, but I worked to get to where I'm at, and I did it on my own. No cheating, no begging. Would I be happy if my account were banned and I'd done nothing wrong? Of course not. I'd probably be really ticked at Jagex. But I'd soon get over it. I'd send a ban appeal, and work on building up a new character in the mean time. This is a game. Something we do for fun. Too many people treat a ban like a "death-penalty." I can understand the analogy, but it's not like our lives are really over. Just make a new character, start over, and if the appeal is granted, get back to work on your main and keep playing honestly.

Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown; ignorance can be educated and drunkeness sobered, but stupid is forever.

wolfboy_kh.png

wolfboy_kh.png