Tip.It Times: Cleaning away the scum

Eeeeediot

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A brief reply on the article in ur website. I feel Jagex ought to be praised for the move banning an x amount of players. The game is enjoyable but not if peeps are too pathetic and lazy online as well to make an effort to play fair. Lets hope it will improve the quality of the game. I have played this starting free and now as a member for 6 months, its fun, but not when its spoiled by players focussing on making millions of whatever. Well done Jagex, and well done moderators, :) Blueone3, Scotland, GB

Coming from a long time player of rs(i'm talkin about from the begining), this was another step in the right direction. But the simple fact is humans are an evoling species. The rscheat'ing community has only been hendered by this short term fix to the gower's never ending problem. If anyone recalls the almost 1000 account ban of rs users of [Caution: Hack-Scam Site](i believe that was the macro program), all of these bans proved a few things:

1. RS did have cheat programs, which they didn't only bot but 1 also duped with server lag.

2. The renoun players that we all knew and respected wern't what they seemed to be.

3. And last but not least, RS is a childs game.

Just because they didn't play by the rules does that make them "scum". Are you, personaly a big enough journalist to stand up and call 15 thousand people the stuff that you have to scrap off you shoe before you walk into your house?

One of the biggest things i learned from Runescape is that people whom whin always get their way and for the most part you have to pay an extra 5 bucks a month to get away from them.

PS. your artical was the biggest big a junk i ever read.

ex-rs:Death Chick

Eric Pocase

Also if you even care to reply, use email.

I enjoyed the article, simple, but interesting no doubt. The main thing I'm wondering about is how is Jagex going to continue banning in the future? If it is true that they are trying to ban all characters associated with an ip address, then could someone potentially get banned from logging on to a public computer? Or what if you live in a big family and one or two of your brothers/sisters auto without anyone knowing and then one day everyone gets banned?

The ultimate solution I believe, if possible, would be for Jagex to create software that not only first finds the macro program, but also looks and checks for repetitive character movement or tracks INTERACTIONS to find what character the macroed supplies are being transferred or traded to on a regular basis -and then bans them automatically as soon as it is verified. Most autoers will have throw away characters anyway, that can be easily started again the next day after a ban, and so by allowing them (the macroers) to simply remake a disposable account, and waiting until there are another 20,000 something autoers on runescape to ban anyone, it does more harm to the game then help, and allows macroers to build up a cheaters supply again.

And so my thoughts on this topic are mainly that:

A. How are future bans going to happen and can someone unsuspectingly get banned?

and B. To solve this problem as much as is practically possible, Jagex needs to find a way to CONTINUOUSLY ban macroers.

*pats Jagtex on the back*

I was shocked, but am extremely grateful for jagtex banning so many accounts. First it was RSC, and i was just like the ball is rolling. Of course im not too psycked about no carpentry and POHs this month, one thing at a time though.

About time they did something, guess along time coming and banning associated accounts will teach them.

Now if only they could silence beggars, hmmm, when the annoying plz plz can u help me, need free stuff etc, comes up rs red flags em and immediately gives them the "You've Been Muted for Begging" flag lol. Can't talk for a day.

Worst of all get rid of the deliberate attempts to scam, a warning message like Wildy "The item specifics have been changed proceed with caution".

Then if the sleepy bod doesnt react to that final message he/she deserves to loose stuff.

It's a constant battle that has no end in sight. I liked the article but it didn't really leave much as to what's going to happen in the future. Mainly the fact that macroers will be back and everything will be back to normal within a few weeks.

One of the biggest things i learned from Runescape is that people whom whin always get their way and for the most part you have to pay an extra 5 bucks a month to get away from them.

PS. your artical was the biggest big a junk i ever read.

First, making a complaint about a chronic and severe problem in Runescape is not whining.

Second, you're not really one to lecture another about bad writing, are you?

All may seem fine, but i have noticed that some friends that have not used macros at all are even banned. One person got banned for advertising a site (all he said this drop was supported by ~~~), one got banned for no known reason, another got banned for going into the wild and burying 1k big bones, and one other got banned for something which i can remember (but it was a repedative task). Although it may stop troublemakers, it is almost like an abrasive sanding over the wood of the game.

Yea they're gunna lose plenty of valuable customers from these bans, a couple of months ago it was a great game but now there's no-one to speak to because loadsa people are getting banned by mistake... my best friend on the game was banned for macroing when he'd been spending the past few weeks doing barrows... alot of frequent players are leaving or being banned, so i've decided not to p2p anymore... maybe the company has decided it's had enough and is systematically wiping out the runescape community lol... sounds rediculous but doesn't take a wild imagination to see it that way...

guys, there are 15.000 people banned from RuneScape. This is hell !!! all those people loved to play the game, and no they can't do it anymore !!! It's not nice of jagex. And, the economy of RuneScape wasn't that bad...

if they loved to play the game they would not have macroed. although i will admit jagex does hit some innocents with all these blanket bans

Yes , finnaly the scum have got what they deserved . I just quitted cutting willows and started yews so i hope that yew prices will go up from the standart 200 gp ea to a miraculous 300 ea ... That would really boost my economy . Maybe some prices will fall because of this ( such as willow , yew longbow ) because i know that macroers like to trade what they have for the "real thing" ( for eg.: they give 100 yew logs and 100 bow strings for 100 yew longs or shortbows ) . What do you think , dear runescaping community ?

P.S. Keeep on the good work jagex ! Maybe one of you jagex people are reading my review ?

P.P.S. If you Jagex people think that my thoughts are good , send me a letetr to my message centre , or put 1milion gp to my bank acc ... I really need cash :)))

The cleaning away the scum sounds like old school jagex.

Well done. Maybe theve not just turned into another buisness.

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

personally i like this article and don't like the macroers and their scummy cheating ways [im a merchant and sell stuff] so i like the fact that jagex is starting to ban them 8) :P :lol: :lol: :( :) :D :) :o :twisted: :roll: :idea: :P :x :shock: :? :lol: :o

very well wrote ,im super glad they got rid of them ,im 86 fishing ,it took me 1 painfull summer to get it that high ,then my mining sure there both fairly horrible at level 71 and 74 but it took me a long time getting them even that high and im looking forward to the cleaning out of more scum in the future.its people like them that distroy the econmy of runescape .

I take pride in my levels almost all of them aceived in the non member world ,i have never once used a microer