Tip.It Times: Cleaning away the scum

Eeeeediot

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry if I seem a little annoying for this, but you guys said,

"This week's Tip.It Times article is entitled "Cleaning away the scum" and should provide some interesting reading. Be sure to follow the link at the end of the article for an interesting discussion on our forums."

yet it is named "Taking out the trash"

91 RC!!! #332 to get it!

"D'you wear a black armband

When they shot the man

Who said 'Peace could last forever'" Guns N' Roses

I play the game to see how good I can get. See how much -I- can accomplish. I dont play to cheat. I dont beg people for stuff. I work hard and get it myself. I am dirt poor compared to most of the other lvl 86 ppl out there. But everything I have.. I have worked hard for.

As much as I hate that someone had their account banned, I think it sends a message, and that is "Do it Yourself"

*wonders if Jagex will now target those whiney beggers that spam the markets places with begging*

im 100% behind Runescape im glad the autoers got banned but yet they will return with new ways of autoing with out getting cought. there will always be cheater's no matter what any game does cause there will always be some lil geek sitting behind his pc working away trying to find away to cheat! but NICE JOB RUNESCAPE ADMIN'S :mrgreen:

go Jagex!

wow.......what an unexpected move for them to make, and a very good one too :) I also like how they said that they were thinking of making a better system to ban accounts that were associating in an improper way with the macroing accounts.

finally got rid of the the "users" more of us "people of the light " can now

play without being annoyed by the others. I feel very strongly about this

and I look forward to many hours of playing with better people.

Excellent!

Okay, this is something that has bugged me for a while. On my laptop mousepad, there is a program built into it where you can 'record and play a series of keystrokes' by tapping an area of it. Essentially, a text macro. Example:

cyan: free gem cutting-----------chantzzzzz

Is this grounds for a ban?

EDIT: Btw, I don't run a gem cutting scam. I trade cuts for uncuts. Check my crafting level if you like.

sig2copyedit8jz.jpg

Then it happened. Doomsday for the cheating kind. Jagex banned 15,000 players for violating this rule. No longer, at least for now, were you going to have to deal with the difficulty of selling your items at prices comparable to the prices of people who obtained these items illegally. Feelings on the matter were mixed, and playersÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ thoughts went wild as to how prices of items in Runescape would be affected by this.

Althought the article vas very good. i there are still many autoers arouind. They have ethier started new accounts or never got banned.... I was at the fishing guild today and saw at least 1 for sure autoer. :cry:

But thanks for the great article oddfaery :D

Hey great article! Yeah I was sad at first when ii saw the did you know's were gone, but i just checked out the post and i can see why :shock:

Maybe if we could PM them in it woulden't add arguments? (Although you guys might get spammed :( )

Chantzzzzz - yes that is against the rules as you are using a program to automate something for you in game. I'd suggest not using any kind of program in association with the game at all.

I was pretty sure that was the case. I wanted a second opinion though. To be honest, I wasn't really comfortable asking Jagex...would they've banned me if I had asked them?

sig2copyedit8jz.jpg

wicked! thank you jagex! a few probs thou :( lots of items have gone up in price, like drag legs, chains and rares :( i only just hit 12mil and now i cant buy guthan its 13mil now because of this :( :( :( :( :( :(

sigforrooneyxu0.jpg

ÃÆââââ¬Ã¢Ã¢ââ¬Ã

Then speculation built up as to whether or not RS2 would be next. Jagex moderators had been seen scouring common places such as the fishing or mining guilds, essence mines, etc, looking for players breaking the 7th commandment: ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¦Ã¢â¬ÅThou shalt not use programs to play the game for you.ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâÃ

d33,

Well be that statement true or false I personally don't care. The fact remains tons of cheating little turds got their just deserves.

I will say this much. I love the idea and concept of putting tatlers in cheatware and redistributing to nab them in the act. Some may say this is entrapment but I say hooey!! If you downloaded the cheatware and used it then ou are guilty simple as that. Just like the saying guns don't kill people, people kill people guns are just the tool used. Murder and cheating have been around long before cheatware and guns were invented.

Merchants of course are probably thrilled by this. Speculation that hundreds of rare holiday items were wiped out of the game spread like wildfire. Prices of rare items skyrocketed from their previous prices. Party hats immediately started selling for twenty to thirty million more than their previous sale prices (and even more). These party hats had the biggest rise in price. Other rare items such as Santa hats and Mask sets may have seen a short [bleep]e in price, but have not changed very much at all.

The Party Hat rise immediately following the Mass Ban was greatly exaggerated. Prices seemed to go up maybe a 1-2 Mil on the morning of the ban, but it was nothing out of the ordinary. Party Hats actually dropped a few days after the mass ban, and since then have recovered to their old prices. While Blue and White have seen some nice rises in the past few days, I really could not attribute this in any way to the autoing bans either.

sig7uu.png