RuneScape Ads on UK TV

tripsis

I don't think any of us are doing a very good job at interpreting this ad through the eyes of a fourteen year old kid.

Or through the eyes of an advertiser. We've just spent 3 days talking about it, and very few of us actually saw it on television. Seems like pretty successful advertising to me. ;-)

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The game in the advertisements looks nice, where can I play it? And gosh, I didn't even know Jagex created a new game.

[/sarcasm]

While tv ads might bring in some players, this truly is deceptive.

If it does pull in new players, then yeah, it could herald a new generation of Miniclippers (or whatever we'll call these new guys).

Honestly, I joke, but how about we call them the "Vidiot Generation"??? :P

~D. V. "Just trying to add some humor to things..." Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

I don't think any of us are doing a very good job at interpreting this ad through the eyes of a fourteen year old kid.

Or through the eyes of an advertiser. We've just spent 3 days talking about it, and very few of us actually saw it on television. Seems like pretty successful advertising to me. ;-)

I'm not sure how successful an advert can be considered if it's advertised to people who've already bought the product. The acid test is how successful it's been with people who haven't heard of it before.

Also, I am 100% in with that camp that says the CGI trailer represents nothing of what RuneScape is actually about. In advertising, themes and messages are essential. The theme I would pick up from that trailer with no prior knowledge is what I would normally associate with a single-player adventure game, not a MMORPG. The message appears jumbled and incoherent. The TV advert for Halo: Reach for example depicted Noble team in action, with a "plain" character (you) using a jetpack--a new addition to the Halo franchise with Reach--to take down an airship. It features the main plot, and the new additions into the game. I'm not sure what message this trailer was meant to convey, but it certainly doesn't give any such insight into the reality of playing the game, or why it's so popular.

That advertisement was bad. There's really no way of sugar coating it, it's like they didn't put any effort into it. It (advertising) certainly isn't a strong point of Jagex, but you'd think with their first venture into this type of advertising they would have put in some more time and resources. Pay a few people who have never heard of Runescape to watch it and give feedback. Shit, they could have gotten a second opinion from pretty much anyone and it would have helped.

But yeah, disappointing. Certainly wouldn't get me to play.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp