Runescape Behind the Scenes Queen Black Dragon Breakdown and Analysis Video

Blyaunte

The guy in the video made me lol a bit cause he seems contradictory and fail at reading/logic.

Eg early on he says when they went to jagex hq the guys were like yeah we know fight kiln vid did well we will be doing more, then at end he's like we kept bugging them and they are FINALLY listening.

And the fire wave attack, quote obviously does not mean the spell it's a dragon it obviously means a literal wave of fire coming at you.

And the passive damage reduction buff he assumes is tied to the shield, firstly the video said new loot including new dragon item AND the buff, clearly separate items plus paying attention to the text BTS in the quest segment it says 'Very high-level players will also appreciate the final reward: a passive damage-reduction buff, active during one of the most highly anticipated boss fights of all time' which then leads in the QBD.

Nice idea but not very interesting for me because of such flaws in analysis as mentioned above and the fact I'm more than capable of coming to these conclusions myself whilst watching the trailer.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Confused.. do we have to fight the QBD as part of the quest or not?

xcsx7c.png | 3gliP.jpg | 51y5tv.png  |  8mO5K.jpg

A Blog to Bathtubs for Beginners
Quest Cape | 99 Defence Achieved 11-Jul-2011 17:41 | 99 Prayer 11-Jul-2012 | 99 Constitution 02-Aug-2012

99 Attack 31/10/2012 | 99 Dungeoneering 31/10/2012 | 99 Strength 31/10/2012 | 99 Magic 2/12/2012

99 Range 16/12/2012 | 99 Herblore 25/12/2012 | 99 Summoning 4/1/2013 | 99 Firemaking 6/3/2013

99 Farming 10/4/2013 | 99 Slayer 11/7/2013 | 99 Fletching 21/8/2013  |  99 Smithing 22/8/2013 

99 Crafting 19/12/2013  |  99 Cooking 15/1/2014  |  99 Agility 25/1/2014  |  99 Thieving 01/02/2014

99 Construction 21/04/2014  |  99 Woodcutting 04/03/2014  |  99 Fishing 17/04/2014  |  99 Mining 23/07/2015

99 Divination 27/07/2015  |  99 Runecrafting 20/08/2015  |  99 Hunter 20/08/2015  | Maxed 20/08/2015

Nope. They say the QBD will be released a week after, so it cannot possibly be required for the quest. Besides, it would quite increase the requirements for the quest cape...

From what I understand, the QBD is under an enchantment keeping it asleep, and recently the effects spread to rimmington. During the quest you probably go into a cave and do something to the strange devices seen in the artwork of the video, and then everyone wakes up. After the quest, the enchantment weakens to the point where the QBD can resist its effects and wakes up, and you need to weaken it enough that it goes back to sleep.

Also, it would be hard for the quest to "not have any skill requirements" as jagex said, if it involves fighting a boss that requires 120+ cb and 60+ summoning.

So, no, you do not have to fight the QBD as part of the quest.

flere_imsaho.png

As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapabale of solving approaches zero.

Ensure you are not a social situation.

Well like, if a 120+ can allegedly do it, I honestly have my doubts that it's even going to be difficult

Well, depends on how Jagex came to that Number. If it was just "Our tester needed that to kill it" then yeah you're probably right.

Well like, if a 120+ can allegedly do it, I honestly have my doubts that it's even going to be difficult

Well, depends on how Jagex came to that Number. If it was just "Our tester needed that to kill it" then yeah you're probably right.

Tbf they have said that's the level they are recommending for the 'general player' and they are aware players are capable of some awesome feats and no doubt several will be able to do it at much lower stats. And their recommendations on this kinda thing do seem about right for the average player opposed to the good pvmers who are bound to find it easier.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Yes. Good PVMers can almost always do them easier than jagex said, but even high levels who are bad at PVM can't do some of the "high level" PVM things (Jad/Kiln) regardless of how 'easy' someone else might find it.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Yes. Good PVMers can almost always do them easier than jagex said, but even high levels who are bad at PVM can't do some of the "high level" PVM things (Jad/Kiln) regardless of how 'easy' someone else might find it.

Hmm that's what I was thinking this fight would be. 120 combat to deal enough damage, but a lot of indirect combat evolved.

Kind of like jad how you have to switch prayers or pretty much instant KO (damage absorption aside)

Or Daggonath bosses where you have to switch combat styles depending on color.

Nomad and all his different stages.

I bet Jagex might incorporate a lot of these things into successfully killing her.

Like you said, some 138s still can't do Jad, while still having the ability to two hit him, if you get lucky.

Pinata.png
Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101