GreenFingers not working???

brad1431

I have Tier 2 Greenfingers, I activate the aura at the beginnning of my farm run, and I don't remove it until the aura has depleted, and in my last two farm runs there was one dead patch.... Isn't the whole point of the aura to ensure that no patches die???

thegame1431.png

It only stops disease while it is active, so only for the first twenty minutes.

This is handy and does decrease odds of death for things with short cycles (eg herbs) but it does not eliminate death entirely.

The main boon of greenfingers is the boost to yield while it is active as on herbs in particularly this adds to the profitability.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

it sounds like this aura is basically worthless then, I would have been better off using the 21K loyalty points towards T4 reverance or T3 call of the sea

It's far from useless, it is hands down one of them most useful auras going.

The harvest boost alone makes a huge impact in long-term profitability of herb farming as it can equate to 1-2 more herbs per patch on average (subject to aura tier) which when you get to torstol farming is like 20-40k per patch more aka 100k-200k more per run which can easily make up to like 1mil+ more a day.

Then when you factor in even the few cycles it protects from disease it makes a good impact on death rates, less cycles where it can get diseased = less odds of being diseased = few dead plots = more profit.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I haven't seen any hard evidence showing the greenfinger's decreases the death rates, but it sure is nice for expensive herbs. I wouldn't recommend going beyond T1 unless you'll be farming a lot of torstols or maybe snaps.

Working on max and completionist capes.

2435/2475

It could decrease the likelihood of your crops becoming diseased, or it could prevent disease altogether. I'm fairly sure it's the latter.

@brad: It's far from worthless in my opinion. The benefit of increased yields for the four tiers (3%, 5%, 7% and 10% respectively) is the major draw of the aura. The disease-prevention is just an added perk.

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png

The examine says that it "prevents crops from disease". That sounds like it 100% protects it. Otherwise they would've said "helps protect" or something.

But this is purely based on assumptions, and this is Jagex we're dealing with.

It prevents disease while it is active. For herbs, that's long enough for 1 growth tick, and they take 4 ticks to grow, so you should see 25% fewer deaths. Very significant when you're farming something like torstol, where each death is a heavy loss.

If you managed to obtain 4 copies of the aura with a bug somehow, you could theoretically guarantee that none of your herbs would die, but that would basically be the same as using Remote Farming.

Its full protection, in 1400 seeds I've never seen a first phase death since using T3 aura.

:shock: I've farmed around that number with T2 and I see small, dead herbs regularly. Damn farming ticks.

Same here, but I just blame the ticks. The profit boost is amazing in the long run when combined with farming juju, by far the most useful aura I have.

Vlead.png

Its full protection, in 1400 seeds I've never seen a first phase death since using T3 aura.

:shock: I've farmed around that number with T2 and I see small, dead herbs regularly. Damn farming ticks.

Old post, but idc

When you see a small dead herb, it got diseased in the 2nd stage. It looks small because it never had the chance to actually grow. Your aura is working fine.

Old post, but idc

When you see a small dead herb, it got diseased in the 2nd stage. It looks small because it never had the chance to actually grow. Your aura is working fine.

necro'd :P

Yeah, but you'd still think that I'd be seeing less deaths, not more. I'm bound to farm at the ideal times every know and then.

Working on max and completionist capes.

2435/2475