Buying equipment

Jonanananas

I've decided that my equipment is pretty out of date, so I wanted to upgrade a bit. I'm not really that much of a combat person, usually slayer if anything and won't do dangerous pvp except to get back at those who attack me in the wilderness.

Anyways, this is what I have in my bank for equipment (Doesn't necessarily mean I use all of it)

equipment1.png

equipment2.png

and I have

99 Magic

82 Strength

80 Attack

77 Defence

79 Ranged

81 Prayer

75 Summoning

No access to Extremes.(68 Herblore)

I have around 65m, of which I'd like to spend about 40m max.

I plan to train some dungeoneering next to get access to the rewards/chaotic weapons.

Apart from that, what would be the most important changes to make? I've thought about possibly getting bandos for armor, upgrading to fury, maybe decent range armour (Though I don't like ranging that much). I've also thought about getting an Armadyl Battlestaff, since Magic is my highest combat skill and it would give me a nice edge.

Does it make sense to buy now or should I wait until after the combat rebalance?

Obviously though my budget is limited and I don't have much experience with combat setups, so any advice is welcome (On what to buy, but possibly also on what to train or similar tips)

Buy Zerker, fury, bcp, tassets in that order, royal dhide just because. Polypore staff i a cheapo SoA, if you want the best mage dps, go for armadyl battlestaff, but the runes are 1.5k each, so it comes at a cost. :sad:

Go for rapier asap.

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

When you get 80 range you can buy royal d'hide armour.

For slayer, I found this from an older thread.

The base slayer gear is as follows (alternatives in brackets):

• [For all slayer monsters except those mentioned under other weapons] Chaotic rapier (whip)
  • Bandos body + legs (Verac's skirt with either fighter torso or proselyte top)
  • [Depending on prayer/accuracy needs] Fire cape/Soul Wars cape/Ardougne cloak 3
  • Barrows gloves (your best rfd gloves, at least rune)
  • Steadfast/Dragon boots (rune boots)
  • Amulet of fury (glory)
  • Dragon defender (rune defender)
  • Berserker ring (i)/ferocious ring if slaying in Kuradal's Dungeon (berserker ring, warrior ring)
  • [Most important] Full slayer helmet (Slayer helmet, black mask)
  • [For magic defence on waterfiends/aquanites] Karil's top and elite void skirt (black dragonhide body and chaps)
  • [Crush attacks to use on waterfiends] Chaotic maul (Saradomin sword, Zamorakian spear)
  • [stab attacks for higher-levelled dragons, when not using rapier] Korasi's sword (Zamorakian spear, leaf-bladed sword)
  • Task-specific items such as mirror shields, antifire shields/potions, elemental shields, rock hammers, crystal chimes
  • Cannon (optional, up to personal preference)

Slayer setups generally emphasise strength bonus, which increases the average damage of each succesful hit (slayer monsters usually having rather low defence, hitting is not a problem). Secondly, prayer bonus is important to keep the cost of prayer potions down (as you slay with piety on, to increase the speed of your kills. This is cost-effective and highly recommended). As a rule of thumb, +10 prayer bonus or above is good, but don't overdo it (anything above +20 is a waste). Defence and accuracy bonus are usually not fretted over (any defence bonus over 200 will do; if you get hit too often you should be using a protection prayer). Dagganoth, black demon, black dragon, lesser demon, hellhound, bloodveld and spectre tasks should be cannoned, as it dramatically increases xp rates (although it costs a bit).

Some notes on gear: You'll want a fury and a berserker ring before you get bandos plate, and get that before tassets. You'll want accuracy bonus on higher-levelled dragons; if using stab attacks (which you should) you can use the Ardougne cloak 3 which provides you with +6 stab and +6 prayer bonus. Torso + sw cape and fire cape + proselyte are common cheap top/cape combinations; the former is better.

Some levels to get for slayer (in approximate order but I'm not sure on the summoning):

• 70 prayer and King's Ransom - piety
  • 68 summoning - bunyip
  • 81 dungeoneering (you need 2 million xp, which takes you to level 80, but allowing some tokens for the scroll of life) - rapier
  • 89 herblore (85 with a +4 stew boost) - extreme potions, superantifires
  • 95 prayer - turmoil and soul split
  • 88 summoning - unicorn
  • 96 herblore (91 with a +5 stew boost) - overload
  • 99 summoning - steel titan

I'm sure I missed something but this is most of it.

Robbstarkded.png

^That post is for slayer in the most efficient way only, which means not maging or ranging at all except cannon + familiar.

You kind of need to tell us your priorities. If I thought you wanted to be a pure mage, I'd definitely recommend an Armadyl battlestaff. If you wanted to be more of an all-rounder, I'd recommend a fury and stuff instead.

In general, as all-rounder roughly on 40m budget + a good amount of time & dg tokens, the items you 'need' are:

[item=9075] [item=7404] [item=7402] [item=7531] [item=7532]

[item=4309] [item=6674] [item=9897] [item=8799]

[item=7074] [item=12240] [item=10640] [item=2006]

[item=7075] [item=10637] [item=1557]

[item=7070] [item=11664] [item=4452]

[item=4675] [item=11804]

[item=4386] [item=12044]

[item=12042] [item=9044] [item=10597] [item=10778] [item=2237]

[item=10763] [item=4432] [item=10581]

[item=9911] [item=11867] [item=9915] [item=2298]

Idk probably went over budget there but still :P. Pick your priorities, glaivens for example aren't that great (but then again that's only because ranged mostly sucks). If you really want to spend lots of time you could get imbued rings, adding imbued archer's/seer's and stuff like that. I didn't add dragonhide legs because I was assuming void/cannon for ranged, not slayer or bossing.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Thanks for the help everyone, definitely helped me out :)

Quyneax, generally I'd say I'm an allrounder, I pretty much only thought about SoA as I spend quite some time in the Wilderness, herding pengs, and I'd like a way to relatively easily get back at PKers attacking me without having too much PvP/general combat experience.

I'm not sure if buying claws right now would be wise, considering that all specials will get reworked into abilities? Could be that claws get the short end of the stick....

Claws come from TDs, one of the most skill-intensive bosses in the game. They won't get the short end of the stick. RS players are just being spastics like usual and ignoring the fact that claws will more than likely remain powerful in one way or another.

Possibly but their current price of 5m is retardedly low.

Glad I sold mine for 13.2 two weeks ago. :thumbsup:

On topic: Get a dds for now, cheap as hell and better than claws in kuradels dungeon. Also go do the void quests for Korasi's sword, another decent spec weapon.

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

Claws aren't very useful if you don't do GWD bosses/Nex/pvp. They shine versus the highest ranges of defence and at places where you spend a ton of time waiting for respawns, everywhere else the damage per hour gain is tiny.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

People think that because they saw big swords doing fancy things in the BTS video that Godswords are gonna shoot up and DClaws are going to crash as they will be useless - in fact I doubt they will, so grab em while they're so cheap - they'll still be useful over the summer and even if they do hit 10gp you've lost what 5m? Hardly matters.

Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo
2mqj8rr.png
Minigames: Level 5 in All Barbarian Assault Roles PM me in game or on these forums to play. Over 500 Castle Wars Games with 460+ Tickets.

Claws aren't very useful if you don't do GWD bosses/Nex/pvp. They shine versus the highest ranges of defence and at places where you spend a ton of time waiting for respawns, everywhere else the damage per hour gain is tiny.

What items with specials are worth using besides claws? Would korasi or dds be the next best special attacks?

Assassin1357.png