todays update review.

darkside

1.games room

2. baked poatoes

3.slayer monster

4. tweak to mystey box

1. well a finnaly needed update for the games room. i finnaly snagged a chance to play runeversi. its not as fun a rune sqaues but its ok.. squares on the other hand is a exelent game. it takes skill and a good brain. making squares while not letting your opponent to make them is harder than it looks.

2. a good cooking update. now it is possible to make food that heals 22 at a low lvl. pkers will be pleased. but the ingridents can be a nusicence to get

3. there not the best but there drops... well they arent to good either. the best i got after a hour was addy med mith chain and steel boots.

4. a big assistant to color blind players.

untitled6kv7.gif

the only good thing s that box update, rest is usual "make weekly updates" stuff, nothing good just 1 more week.

PS i'm not collor blind

1500+ total 89 cmb; 1600+ total and under 93 cmb.

02/04/07 reached all skills 60+ under lvl 90 cmb.

07/19/07 reached all skills 70+ at lvl 93 cmb.

Prayer is good for herbs

1.games room

2. baked poatoes

3.slayer monster

4. tweak to mystey box

1. well a finnaly needed update for the games room. altho i am not a reversi fan so i am not reviewing that. squares on the other hand is a exelent game. it takes skill and a good brain. making squares while not letting your opponent to make them is harder than it looks.

It wasnt needed, i dont see the point of playing a game to play another game but w.e.

2. a good cooking update. now it is possible to make food that heals 22 at a low lvl. pkers will be pleased. but the ingridents can be a nusicence to get

No-one will make these and even if they do they will be too expensive to pk with so they help no-one.

3. there not the best but there drops... well they arent to good either. the best i got after a hour was addy med mith chain and steel boots.

Plain and simple they suck, bad xp and bad drops Jagex are just trying to fill out the skill.

Actually colour-blind people had no trouble with the preceding one, they are effected by opposite colours looking alike something which that box had none of, people were simply complaining for the sake of complaining. This was also when they themselves werent colourblind and just wanted something to whine about.

tipitsigkk0.jpg

1.games room

2. baked poatoes

3.slayer monster

4. tweak to mystey box

1. well a finnaly needed update for the games room. altho i am not a reversi fan so i am not reviewing that. squares on the other hand is a exelent game. it takes skill and a good brain. making squares while not letting your opponent to make them is harder than it looks.

It wasnt needed, i dont see the point of playing a game to play another game but w.e.

When you have nothing better to do, the games in the game room can actually be pretty fun. Let's say your favorite game in the world was checkers, but you could never find anyone to play with. Log in to RS world 18 and BAM! There you go.

No-one will make these and even if they do they will be too expensive to pk with so they help no-one.

There are other uses for food than pking with. Let's say I like to KQ. 10 of those potatoes would heal as much as 11 sharks. So let's say I have 20 slots for food on my trip. Using those new potatoes would give me an extra 40 hp in my inventory. It may not seem like alot, but it can make all the difference.

Plain and simple they suck, bad xp and bad drops Jagex are just trying to fill out the skill.

Keep in mind, there are lower lvl players in the game. Newbs need something to slay as well, so don't think only about yourself in these updates.

Actually colour-blind people had no trouble with the preceding one, they are effected by opposite colours looking alike something which that box had none of, people were simply complaining for the sake of complaining. This was also when they themselves werent colourblind and just wanted something to whine about.

There are several different types of colorblindness. The most common type just makes it difficult to differentiate between colors when they are placed close together. A less common form, however, renders one completely unable to see colors. In other words, certain unlucky people really do only see the world in black and white and shades of gray.

1 in 10 men and 1 in 12 women have color blindness to some degree.

Keep other people in mind when you are considering these things. Just because an update has no use to you doesn't mean that it's completely useless.

EDIT: Although I will side with you on one point ...

We need some slayer monsters that don't suck. Like another Abyssal Demon or something. Pity that dark beasts don't drop anything unique.

40onagdca1.png

Oh yeah. That's right.

i wouldnt go THAT far, im know of some alleged color blind people whom had a slight bit of trouble, but your rite it wasnt an overwhelming problem, me personally i hate it i liked all the purdy colours i guess this is jagex attempt in political correctness

1.games room

2. baked poatoes

3.slayer monster

4. tweak to mystey box

actually i am colorblind and they were not easy thanks anyway

1.games room

2. baked poatoes

3.slayer monster

4. tweak to mystey box

actually i am colorblind and they were not easy thanks anyway

Yeah, my colourblind friend, who by the way is only colour blind to like blue and red had to QUIT because of the boxes! Frogmite don't be so selfish...

sig5235ro7.jpg

The new slayer monster is a failure - Even when considering newbies needs and everything.

Note, that the group you need to consider is "newby slayers", and not "newby runescapers". Most players begin as f2p, and aproach the slayer skill much later, after they become p2p. So, the majority of players that train slayer, begins with at least medium or medium-high combat level.

If that is the case, then you advance the low and medium-low slayer levels very quickly. i was about lv50-55 combat when I began slayer.my first tasks was 55 ghosts, the next one 60+ wolves, etc - I reached lv 35-40 slayer in a couple of dayes, and then, just then, the progress became slower, and real slower in lv50+.

The meaning of all this is simple: low and medium-level slayer do not need much new special slayer creatures for "entertainment" (means: more short-range goals to make the training more interesting). They advance quickly enough till lv 40-45. as for low-level slayer creatures - the only reason to hunt them (unless you get them as slayer task) is their drops. Take cockatrice as a good example: they are low leveled, yes. they defiently dont drop rune armor etc - but their common allotment seed drops makes them good for farmers, in adition for nice amount of runes (law and nats), limps. and lv2 clues. pyrfiends are slain for their chaos and fire runes, gold ores and stell boots, banshees have many herbs and essences, and even crawling hands have somthing special - balanced, but still special.

What I say is, that the new moster missed both possible goals.

Drops are very similar or even less good then pyrefiends - and pyrefiends are much better for training itself (from several aspects).

The choise to place the new creature in lv32 slayer is the second miss. what is really required is more cretures to fill the medium and medium-high levels (45-70), when progress become slower and slower, and the more advanced and "legendary" slayer monsters are still far away. that is the points where many players despaire and quit training.

So - new creature, big dissapointment.

L.Bellatrix.png

Slayer: 85/85, Herblore: 82/82, Farming 81/82, def 99/99.

new goals: full sardomain costum from t.trails (2/6), slayer 87/90, attack 98/99

Dragon drops: 4 half shields, 2 dragon spears | whip drops: 5.

barrow drops: Ahrim's hood

or else from pyrefiends (not to mention that fire runes are bad for selling, and easly replaced by a staff of fire).

As for the cooking update, I think it is a good update, from 2 main reasons:

1. It gives more uses for farming crops (aside from eating them or using them as compost). I hope for updates and future options also with other crops, like watermelons. papaya, etc (I once suggested the papaya with red wine :-) ). Anything that makes farming more rewarding and more involved in other skills is a blessing.

2. It is balancing (a bit), the most unbalanced "food chain" - in which there are nearly fish, and fish alone. It was a bit of a problem, that the best food was so easy to get and cook (dephending only on plain fishing or/and cooking level). That situtation also helped alot to make the autoing plague even worse. I think things are now getting to the better direction - that new food still require high level cooking (gives a reason to keep training after lv60). it is not too comlictated to make, and it is usfull. whenever Im going to train upon high level monsters, I can stay there longer. It is also good for quests where medium level players must face 1 extream high-level foe for a final chalenge (grand tree, monkey madness, etc). It can also help fighting toe-to-toe against verac in barrows, etc.

So - the new cooking update is good, and im waiting for more of that kind :-)

L.Bellatrix.png

new goals: full sardomain costum from t.trails (2/6), slayer 87/90, attack 98/99

manta ray is also 22 hp... and about 5k each...

and all stuff you need for the tomato is cheaper?

sweatcorn goos for 1k each, buter + chees 1k, tuna 100 each

maybe cheaper but hard to make...

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

sweetcorn goes for 1k each?!

can I sell u mine please? (joking 8) )

or did u refered to the seeds?

now seriously:

sweetcorn seed is not hard to get (kill some cockatrice, thay drop 3 in a time). butter is a headache, but still easy and costs nothing. tuna is the easiest thing to get in large amounts, if you got 35 fishing...

Yes, It will be harder the gather 1k of those potatoes, but a normal player who wants to make 50 or 100 for his training or quest will not have much difficuly.

L.Bellatrix.png

sweetcorn goes for 1k each?!

can I sell u mine please? (joking 8) )

or did u refered to the seeds?

now seriously:

sweetcorn seed is not hard to get (kill some cockatrice, thay drop 3 in a time). butter is a headache, but still easy and costs nothing. tuna is the easiest thing to get in large amounts, if you got 35 fishing...

Yes, It will be harder the gather 1k of those potatoes, but a normal player who wants to make 50 or 100 for his training or quest will not have much difficuly.

erm... i bought for 2k each... as payment for my farmers... check the 40 farming on my noob :)

amon salud

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

Well add me if you want (L.Bellatrix), and I'll sell u cheeper.

Beacuse it's not a marketplace forum - let's discuss in messeges.

L.Bellatrix.png