Saradomin - GWD Slaughter Part 3 - Sat 23rd June

tmht-banner.png

GWD Slaughter Part 3

Saradomin GWD Coinshare (Commander Zilyana and her minions)

Time and Date

• Date: Saturday 23rd June
    Time: 8PM BST (UK and Western Europe)
    Other Time Zones:
    • 12PM PDT (Western USA)
    • 3PM EDT (Eastern USA)
    • 10PM EEST (Eastern Europe)
    • 6AM EST (Eastern Australia on Sunday 24th)

Friends Chat

• Octarine

Co-host: Ezkaton

blu_1340478000.png

Server and Location

• The server will be announced in the friend chat nearer to the time of event.
    Meet outside the Saradomin Encampment boss door with 40 kill count already gained.
    We will enter the boss room at the time noted above.

The Boss

• Coinshare will be active for the duration of the event to ensure fair sharing and reporting of drops.
    The best spot to get kill count is by killing any Saradomin follower, such as Mages, Warriors and Priests in the main area near the entrance. Many of these monsters will be in combat, allowing you to kill them with ease with minimal damage and prayer loss.
    Please note that if you die during the events TMHT members will bless your grave, but we cannot accept responsibilty for any items lost. Please do not take any items that you are not willing to lose!

Inventory & Equipment

Suggested Melee Set-Up

tmht_saradominmelee.png

Suggested Low-level Ranged Set-Up

tmht_saralowrange.png

Suggested High-level/Void Ranged Set-Up

tmht_sarahighrange.png

• You may use a Beast of Burden such as a Spirit terrorbird, War tortoise or Pack yak to carry the majority of the food needed. Alternatively, you can bring a healing familiar, like a Unicorn stallion, to aid with restoring health. Extreme potions can be upgrade to Overloads or downgraded to super potions as needed.

With the Melee set-up you can substitute the Bandos armour for Barrows armour, such as Torags, or any other high defence melee armour. Void armour can be used but at the cost of defence. The Chaotic maul can also be substituted for a Chaotic rapier, longsword, or Abyssal whip, paired with a Dragon defender in the shield slot.

Requirements

• 60 Agility or Strength is required to access the God Wars Dungeon.
    70 Agility is required to enter the Saradomin Encampment.

Two ropes are required on the FIRST entry to the Saradomin encampment.
    You must have 40 Saradomin kill count to enter the boss room.
    A Saradomin item (and optional Zamorak item) is required for use while getting kill count. See the
God Wars Dungeon guide for a list of these.

Tactics

• For those that are unfamiliar with tactics and set-ups, the
Tip.it Saradomin GWD Guide will be useful.

Use the Protect from Magic/Deflect Magic prayer or curse while Zilyana is alive. She will target one player until the player loses her aggression. The most common way for a player to lose her aggression is to runaway from her until she targets another player. She attacks with Melee and Magic, both of which hit very hard and very fast, so it is advised that her target stays out of melee range as much as possible.

Friend Chat Ranks

• The Main host will be the Chat owner, or will have a Gold Star in the chat.
    Silver stars are Co-hosts.
    Bronze Stars are other TMHT members.
    Please note all three of these ranks will have the ability to kick members from chats should the need arise.

If you need assistance, feel free to Private message a Host/Co-host, or ask in the chat. All leaders are happy to help you with gear choices and inventory setups, should you be unsure of what to bring.

Hope to see you all there!

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

Why, oh why do you have to have this event on Midsummers' Eve? It is the no. 2 holiday in my country besides Christmas...

There is absolutely no way I can come anyway though.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

You can also use magic with polypore/leech magic etc. which is apparently fairly effective. While you're at it, tell me if it makes the melee attack weaker (leech magic, that is) :D.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

You can also use magic with polypore/leech magic etc. which is apparently fairly effective. While you're at it, tell me if it makes the melee attack weaker (leech magic, that is) :D.

That'll be easy to test in a 50 man mass! :lol:

Do leeches from different players stack?

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

Runeshark did a video of places to use the PPS and another of places NOT to use the PPS. Saradomin was a definite no-no. He was splashing on her QUITE often, and the minion attacks were tearing him up in his mage gear (not that the latter matters so much in a mass), and if I remember right he was wearing Virtus, so can't really get much better than that...

Melee or Ranged are MUCH better options for Sara.

[hide=Drop List]Barrows items: 65+
Barrows double item chests: 4 (2 in one night!), Triple Item Chests: 1 --->None of these came from "double loot" events
Dragon Drops: 4 skirts, 5 legs, 5 left halves, 18 med (7 - barrows, 9 - KBD, 2 - M. Bloodveld), 2 Spears, 62 Boots, 1 Dragonfire shield (PVP'd off my friend), 8 Axes, 1 Claws, 1 Visage, 1 Pickaxe, 1 2H, 3 Longswords, 18 Daggers, 7 DDS, 2 Maces
Slayer Heads: 2 C. Hand, 6 Cockatrice, 1 Basilisk, 6 A. Demon, 5 KBD, 2 KQ
Whips: 11, Dark Bows: 3, Ranging Ammy: 2, Whip Vine: 2, Black Masks: 8, Focus Sight: 1, Hexcrest: 4, Granite Legs: 2, Staves of Light: 3, Effigies: 36
Spirit Shields: 7, Hand Cannons: 32, Dragonstones: 50+, Challenge Scrolls: 1 (skeleton)
DKs: 3 Warriors, 3 Berserker, 2 Archers, 2 Seers, 8 Axes, 4 Battlestaves, 1 Seercull
GWD: 4 Sara Swords, 3 Saradomin's Whisper, 1 Saradomin's Murmur, 1 Armadyl Crossbow, 1 Sara Hilt, 1 Bandos Chestplate, 1 Bandos Helm, 1 Armadyl Helm, 1 Armadyl Boots, 2 Zammy Spears, 4 Boots of Subjugation, 1 Gown of Subjugation, 2 Garb of Subjugation, 1 Hood of Subjugation, 15 GS Shards
Glacors: 1 Ragefire Boots, 2 Glaiven Boots, 1 Steadfast Boots, 1 Staff of Armadyl crafted

QBD Drops: 10 crossbow pieces

Boss Pets: KBD (after only 5 kills) [/hide]
4c27eb4fa1.png
Komodo_Jo.png
Komodo_Jo.png
Komodo_Jo.png

Runeshark did a video of places to use the PPS and another of places NOT to use the PPS. Saradomin was a definite no-no. He was splashing on her QUITE often, and the minion attacks were tearing him up in his mage gear (not that the latter matters so much in a mass), and if I remember right he was wearing Virtus, so can't really get much better than that...

Well if you read this, you see:

Went with Muggiwplhar (I__Am_Rak__I) to Saradomin GWD with mage and melee. I was tanking in torva using my CLS and a divine and Muggi was using polypore with virtus and an arcane shield. He was using leech magic and leech defence. He did surprisingly well. His accuracy was about the same as mine from what I could tell. I reckon that once leeches work with SoA again it can beat melee.

Now cls+divine isn't as accurate as maul obviously, but the leech defence benefits the cls as well... and frankly I trust Latin more than I trust RuneShark.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Well if you read this, you see:

Went with Muggiwplhar (I__Am_Rak__I) to Saradomin GWD with mage and melee. I was tanking in torva using my CLS and a divine and Muggi was using polypore with virtus and an arcane shield. He was using leech magic and leech defence. He did surprisingly well. His accuracy was about the same as mine from what I could tell. I reckon that once leeches work with SoA again it can beat melee.

Now cls+divine isn't as accurate as maul obviously, but the leech defence benefits the cls as well... and frankly I trust Latin more than I trust RuneShark.

If you can't afford virtus/arcane, I doubt you'll have enough magic attack to make mage comparable to a maul.

I MIGHT actually be able to attend the first one of these mid day weekend things in the past (however long this has been revived for) of trying!

Trick will just be to finish up my hours worth of mining/mining ring and remembering to gear up and go get KC instead of bankstanding. lol

EDIT: O, forgot to ask...how Big our the Turnouts for these usually / How long will this trip last for? I have to head into work about 2-2.5hours after start time. And If i have to force myself to tele out, I will likely be late with me and my 'o just 1 more kill' 50 times mindset. :wall: :wall: :wall:

Edited by DRUMINATOR17

CLICK - 770th to 99 SLAYER 2/4/08 - 204th to 99 Summoning 7/1/08 CLICK

tifovsigev3.jpg

Druminator17.png

[Hide=List of Drops That I haven't updated in Years but want to keep in my Sig anyways...]VISAGE DROP - 12/06/07

3 Duo Sara Hilts, 3 Duo Arma Hilts, 2 Trio Arma Hilts.

Dark Bows: (11) Dragon Boots: (50!)

Whip Drops: (42!!!) Dragon Drops: (90+!!!!!) 2 D CHAINS!, 3 D Axe, 8 D meds, 7 left halfs, 7 D legs, 6 skirts, 8 Spears[/hide]

I MIGHT actually be able to attend the first one of these mid day weekend things in the past (however long this has been revived for) of trying!

Trick will just be to finish up my hours worth of mining/mining ring and remembering to gear up and go get KC instead of bankstanding. lol

EDIT: O, forgot to ask...how Big our the Turnouts for these usually / How long will this trip last for? I have to head into work about 2-2.5hours after start time. And If i have to force myself to tele out, I will likely be late with me and my 'o just 1 more kill' 50 times mindset. :wall: :wall: :wall:

turnout depends largely on which boss we're doing but I think last sara event had a good 40 people or so. Armadyl last week went on for about 4 hours before the last of us were forced to tele

Edit: Also two hours until event start! :thumbsup:

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

turnout depends largely on which boss we're doing but I think last sara event had a good 40 people or so. Armadyl last week went on for about 4 hours before the last of us were forced to tele

Edit: Also two hours until event start! :thumbsup:

ah, didn't think itd still be that many in the past, (cuz id imagine most of these other posts had about as many responses as this one?)

Maybe ill just take a steel titan or 2 and an invy of goodies and that should help me last several hours less / tele earlier. (lord knows bring 8-10 yaks will work for everyone else but me in this situation) =p

CLICK - 770th to 99 SLAYER 2/4/08 - 204th to 99 Summoning 7/1/08 CLICK

tifovsigev3.jpg

Druminator17.png

[Hide=List of Drops That I haven't updated in Years but want to keep in my Sig anyways...]VISAGE DROP - 12/06/07

3 Duo Sara Hilts, 3 Duo Arma Hilts, 2 Trio Arma Hilts.

Dark Bows: (11) Dragon Boots: (50!)

Whip Drops: (42!!!) Dragon Drops: (90+!!!!!) 2 D CHAINS!, 3 D Axe, 8 D meds, 7 left halfs, 7 D legs, 6 skirts, 8 Spears[/hide]

ah, didn't think itd still be that many in the past, (cuz id imagine most of these other posts had about as many responses as this one?)

Remember the event gets posted on the Tip It homepage aswell, so a large amount of non-forum users turn up! ;)

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

Tele'd out after 4 hrs 20 :) Thoroughly enjoyed the event, lots of singing and glorping and barooing and running for hilts and such :D Great fun everyone, and thanks to all of you that came!

Team at the start:

tmhtsarastart.png

Drops: (Hilt still eludes us!)

tmhtsaradrops240612.png

The final few left towards the end:

tmhtsarastragglers.png

There's still people there killing too! :D Hopefully even more drops to come! :)

safersbanner.png