Load Stones

I like the new loadstones so that your able to home tele to just about anywhere, although I think they should have put Canafis on the map!?! Seems like such a pain to have to walk over there and I know you can do the Ghosts Ahoy quest to tele to the port but seriously, that side of runescape is a pain to get too without the ectophial or whatever its called. Just a simple thought though, I figure they have one for lunar island and for bandit hideout, but nothing for Canafis.. strikes me as odd?!?

BIOfrequency.pngBIOfrequency.pngBIOfrequency.png

Other Goals:

50+ All skills, 80+ Combat lvl, 1500+ Total lvl

I'd have to agree, since the "loadstones" are convenient for skillers and for new players. By the way, they're spelled as "lodestones", but they may as well be loadstones since the animations take such a damn long time.

Lunar and Bandits are tied to the ancient and lunar spell books and canafis and morytania in general really don't need more transport options imo.

There is the ectophial as you mentioned, charter ships can also get you to the general area and direct to Mos Le Harmless as well.

There is at least 3 fairy rings (One by mushroom patch, 1 in haunted wood and 1 in the swamp) + a fairy ring route onto mos le harmless.

Direct tele to canafis via ancient mage.

Doing temple trekking unlocks tele to Burgh De Rott on games necklace.

Myreque quests leads to Drakan's medallion that more than covers all the southern areas of morytania.

Slayer Rings can jump you to Tarn's Lair.

After some Myreque quests blood altar via abyss or wicked hood also offers a route into the area.

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Lunar and Bandits are tied to the ancient and lunar spell books and canafis and morytania in general really don't need more transport options imo.

There is the ectophial as you mentioned, charter ships can also get you to the general area and direct to Mos Le Harmless as well.

There is at least 3 fairy rings (One by mushroom patch, 1 in haunted wood and 1 in the swamp) + a fairy ring route onto mos le harmless.

Myreque quests leads to Drakan's medallion that more than covers all the southern areas of morytania.

After some Myreque quests blood altar via abyss or wicked hood also offers a route into the area.

While these are all valid modes of travel, many of them have some sort of requirement attached to them, quest, skill, or activity related. I think the goal with lodestones was to allow for players to access certain areas a little bit easier and are extremely low requirement for the most part (you just need to visit them).

I think a reasonable spot might be right near the River Salve near the shortcut to Canifis.

If the RS tutorial were ever upgraded again, I think putting discovery of all the lodestones as a much more important objective would be a nice little touch.

While these are all valid modes of travel, many of them have some sort of requirement attached to them, quest, skill, or activity related.

What's the problem with that? You'd take quest rewards away just to make the game easier? I don't like that logic at all. The game needs rewards, something to keep progress more rewarding. While we're at it, let's add a lodestone to gnome tree stronghold so we can remove spirit trees from the game!

Half the teleport spells are already useless because of lodestones.

I'm really not convinced that there can be any justification for powering up the Lodestone Network any more, if anything it is too powerful, and I'd support putting back the 30 minute cooldown.

Building up your personal array of transportation options is a part of the game that really shouldn't be compromised any more than it already has. May I suggest investing into a Portal Room in your house? You can attune a portal to the Kharyrll teleport in the Ancient spellbook, which allows unlimited and (after the cost of building the portal) free teleports to the bar in Canifis.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

As useful as this would be, it would be making the Network a little too useful. When I first discovered the Lodestones I was pretty impressed, and use them on a regular basis. But getting around RuneScape faster should be a reward from training your Magic level, and questing often. You should have to earn the power to teleport to more remote locations.

• Like 1

Achieved 99 Woodcutting on 12/06/08

• 1 month later...

Not sure how do you feel about it, but there is a thing called "Oppurtunity costs". It means, that "not teleporting" or taking a slower teleport with more walk involved after would cost you a chance to earn money or xp in some time. If you home tele, and lose 1.5 minutes, you lose 1.5 minutes worth of income and training time.

How much money can you make in 1.5 minutes? Probably a few K is easy for us. So a home tele is costs a few K worth of wasted oppurtunity, while buying laws or tele tablets, etc. would cost more. So magic tele is still the most efficient way to travel. With wicked hood, and Runespan we have very cheap and easy access to enough Law runes. If we otherwise don't focus on spells, it is the best way to use wicked hood imho.

So I think Lodestone network is far from being too good...

So I think Lodestone network is far from being too good...

In a LOT of cases, the time it would take to navigate to a bank and withdraw the proper spell runes is longer than simply using the lodestone network for almost everything it's connected to. So yes, a convincing argument can be made that it is a little imbalancing, even if you look at it from opportunity costs.

But seriously it's not a big deal enough to start analyzing your runescape playtime down to the minute for everyday play...I mean come on.

hzvjpwS.gif

Usually when you plan to port, you bring your runes with you. At least that is how I do it, this is why I feel magic teleport significantly faster.

But for some locations I prefer Lodestone network... Due to lack of other good options.

'Lack of other good options' = you need to do more quests and such.

Fairy Rings alone get you to a good 75% of the world map.

Factor in everything else and there is only really 2 areas that is a bit of a teleport/transport dead spot atm

Firstly north Tirranwn and half of that is made up by the inaccessible Priffindas area, which as a large city will no doubt have a teleport once it's actually released.

Secondly Crandor and well that's a small island with little on it that can be reached fairly quickly via Karamja.

Yes a lot of these require runes, jewellery, gp or w/e but that's kind necessary if you could immediately jump to almost anywhere without having to bank or w/e first it'd be a bit too easy.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Not sure, if I mine gems, catch imps in resource dungeon, and want to port to a nearby bank to deposit stuff and run back quickly, even if I would use jewelry I would end up in a worse place, etc. So I consider it as "no other good option" case.

Also if I remember well varrock port can be moved to GE, and if it is at GE it is more laggy location than Lodestone, so if I want to go for a head to head race, I would have reasons to choose the Home Teleport. Again: the usual good option can be turned into bad one. Of course it is temporary

I have jack of all trades aura. And while the NPC is present in Varrock too, that is more lagged than its original location, which is just as easy to reach from a lodestone. I am really unsure if there are better ports. Using FNN is not an option, and I doubt if jewelry would help.

Not sure, if I mine gems, catch imps in resource dungeon, and want to port to a nearby bank to deposit stuff and run back quickly, even if I would use jewelry I would end up in a worse place, etc. So I consider it as "no other good option" case.

Glory Ammy > Al-Khaird or Duel ring > duel arena for getting back are both faster than kharid lodestone.

Then duel to cwars, kinship to dg or tokkul-zo to fight caves/fight pits are all speedy banking options.

Jewellery hardly puts you in a 'worse place' in fact I'd wager taking run distance and homeport time in account both glory and duel ring are faster ways back.

But this example is really entirely beside the point since there is a lodestone there anyway and this thread was about adding lodestones to more places.

Also if I remember well varrock port can be moved to GE, and if it is at GE it is more laggy location than Lodestone, so if I want to go for a head to head race, I would have reasons to choose the Home Teleport. Again: the usual good option can be turned into bad one. Of course it is temporary

Again I do not see the argument here? It's an area WITH a lodestone, so what is it got to do with areas having insufficient access to areas and thus needing more lodestones?

As for laggy location, lag is subjective and I can get to the square just as fast from ge or lodestone, but still this is of little relevance to the topic at hand.

I have jack of all trades aura. And while the NPC is present in Varrock too, that is more lagged than its original location, which is just as easy to reach from a lodestone. I am really unsure if there are better ports. Using FNN is not an option, and I doubt if jewelry would help.

Still entirely off issue as the thread was about adding more lodestones to areas where they are not, all your examples have been locations with lodestones already present. Both loyalty store locations can easily be reached from lodestones, be it Burthorpe or Varrock and both can equally be accessed via jewellery and other means without too much hassle using ring of wealth or plain old tele for Varrock and games necklace for Burthorpe.

But still I do not see what you were getting at with any of these points.

The topic of the thread was adding lodestones to more locations that are 'hard to access', my line of response was that nowhere is really hard to reach if you unlock the right teleport/transport means. All your examples were pertaining to places with a lodestone and how other options don't necessarily make it faster, though in all 3 cases such methods probably would if you were prepared as teleport animations are quicker. Whether it is worth doing is another matter, but either way none of that is relevant to adding more lodestones.

Plv6Dz6.jpg