3 July 2012 - Carnillean Rising

Leoo

Meh, it was mediocre. Not something to complain about, but with the last good quest being so long ago already, it's quite disappointing.

It had it's witty moment, but apart from that there was nothing special. I would have hoped we would really be able to design our own quest(within certain bounds of course) instead of only being able to choose between the position of decorations -.-

Jagex is quite capable of good storytelling. Look at one piercing note, the fremmenik sagas (especially vengance and nadir), the chosen commander, branches of darkmeyer, while guthix sleeps....and I could name a lot more. I really wish we'll get a real quest again sometime soon :/

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm starting to think Jagex are releasing less quests because they don't want to hit the 200 quest mark.

With all the quest removal and such I'm not sure if the 200th quest will share the same kind of fanfare that the previous milestone quests received :P

Just feels odd.

They only removed one quest and it really wasn't even remotely close to anything with the lore... Romeo and Juliet was just jagex trying to invest some time and effort into a sizable quest with their infamous puns and jokes.

Romeo and Juliet wasn't removed, it was replaced by Gunnar's Ground.

The quests that were removed were Sheep Shearer and Witch's Potion. To me it just feels weird that technically the 100th quest is no longer RFD, or that the 150th isn't The Chosen Commander.

It was removed. And those two are just the same...

Romeo and Juliet was removed, but Witch's Potion and Sheep Shearer have just been downgraded. They are no longer considered quests, but can still be done and are now called miniquests.

22031_s.gif

Meh, it was mediocre. Not something to complain about, but with the last good quest being so long ago already, it's quite disappointing.

It had it's witty moment, but apart from that there was nothing special. I would have hoped we would really be able to design our own quest(within certain bounds of course) instead of only being able to choose between the position of decorations -.-

Jagex is quite capable of good storytelling. Look at one piercing note, the fremmenik sagas (especially vengance and nadir), the chosen commander, branches of darkmeyer, while guthix sleeps....and I could name a lot more. I really wish we'll get a real quest again sometime soon :/

Agreed. However, I'm guessing we won't get a good, real, storyline quest until after the combat update, and I wasn't exactly surprised when this was more of the witty fun-style quests. but as far as those go, it wasn't bad.

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.
Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg

Interesting it would seem Mod Ash has confirmed he has put in Phillipe encounters we cannot yet access, with there being 1 at every 50 qp interval up to 400. (50 req for trianing ground, 100 for mountain camp, 150 for shilo, 200 for port phas, 250 for polypore, 300 for dorge) So when we hit 350 qp and 400 qp two more locations and lamps should unlock and presumably Phillipe will reach level 138/200 (subject to pre/post eoc)

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I find it interesting that despite leveling up, he's still the same kid with the same sword. Also, he never seemed to be doing dangerous, just talking to people really. Kinda dangerous at Polypore dungeon, but even then he just wanted to talk to her.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

I find it interesting that despite leveling up, he's still the same kid with the same sword. Also, he never seemed to be doing dangerous, just talking to people really. Kinda dangerous at Polypore dungeon, but even then he just wanted to talk to her.

Probably has just been training prayer all this time.

But seriously, he did say he was training on the ogres at the Training Grounds. And of course we wouldn't be able to talk to him if he were in active combat.

Kinda curious to see what his level will be after EOC, for a more direct view into his stats.

Ooh, has anyone thought of using Stat Spy on him? There's a thought. Wish I hadn't claimed all the lamps, now, lol.

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.
Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg

Creatures in polypore are peaceful as long as he dont try stabbing anything that moves.

I wonder how the quest will change after combat beta, since you dont get exp until you have killed the monster, I wonder how can he level up while hitting the boss.

(Or maybe they just will just leave it and keep the new player puzzling like the seal of passage part in blood runs deep)

Stat spy? Will try.