3 July 2012 - Carnillean Rising

Leoo

The House of Carnillean is an old and noble one. No-one is more proud of that fact than Sir Ceril, who thinks it's high time to make a man of his sulky son, Philipe, before he dishonours the family name.

Sir Ceril expects young Philipe to become a fully fledged adventurer: to have traversed obstacles, disarmed traps, vanquished dragons, won riches and swept a damsel off her feet before the day is out, and it all needs to happen in the cellars below the Carnillean mansion. It's a tall order to fill, but with some ingenuity, Construction skill and the help of the dispassionate family butler, you'll come up with a devious, blood-stained dungeon to challenge even the most stout-hearted adventurer. At least, if you look in a certain light...and squint a bit...

Send Philipe on his quest to experience the time-honoured swashbuckling staples of acrobatics, hand-to-hand combat, damsel-romancing and impromptu cross-dressing, and you'll earn Thieving and Construction XP; 2 XP lamps to be used in any skill(s) over level 30; a few note-loads of construction planks; and a treasure chest, which can be filled with loot and hidden across in Gielinor to create your own treasure hunts. More experienced players among you will also have post-quest opportunities to earn additional rewards, both within the mansion and out in the wide world.

How to start Carnillean Rising:

Speak to Xenia outside the Carnillean mansion, south of Ardougne Castle. Please note that Xenia won't appear unless you meet all of the quest requirements.

Requirements:

You must be a member.

- 33 Thieving

- 31 Construction

- 50 quest points

- Hazeel Cult

- The Blood Pact

Mod Ash

In Other News

- We've updated the look of the furniture menus used in the Construction skill.

- The ancient staff re-colour is now on sale at Xuan's Loyalty Shop for 4500 loyalty points - that's 25% off!

Patch Notes

Graphical:

Tin ore in the Burthorpe Mine will no longer show as Copper ore when it has been mined.

Trees in Miscellania now have their canopies removed after being cut down.

The walls in the Giant Mole's Lair no longer stretch vertically.

A tree near the Odd Old Man has had its canopy reattached.

Players can no longer sink into the Lava on the Red Dragon Isle.

The Rimmington clue scroll has been updated to match the new look of the area.

The floor of the Observatory has been given a once over to prevent graphical issues.

The TzHaar Champion now faces the correct way in the Champions Guild basement.

The gangplank from the beached pirate ship near Port Phasmatys now appears correctly in all graphical modes.

Player can no longer walk into a section of wall at North Falador.

The Magic Trees in the Wilderness now appear to match the rest of the world.

A tile with Z-Bias on the Red Dragon Isle has been fixed.

The staff on the Dahmaroc statue no longer appears through the 1st floor of the Varrock museum.

Quests & Tasks:

Creating a Skewer will no longer delay combat hits.

The H.A.M cultists have improved security by removing some gaps in between the prison bars and the door.

In the Defender of Varrock quest, modern-day Varrock appears at all times.

The Agility rocks from Ghosts Ahoy have had their height mapping fixed.

Skills & Minigames:

The right-click option on the slots in the Beginner's tackle box now has the 'a' capitalised in the option "Withdraw All".

A typo in the Conquest tutorial relating to the Scouts has been fixed.

Ghasts have been added to the Summoning Skill Guide.

An Agility shortcut has been added to the south side of the Red Dragon Isle to allow players with level 54 or higher Agility easier access.

Other:

Players are no longer able to place a Clan Vexillum while seating in the private meeting rooms.

Text no longer overflows when right-clicking another player and 'beholding' them.

Players can no longer rest whilst blowing bubbles from their Fish mask.

The Spatula no longer seems to attack twice when smashing and a sound effect as been added to the animation.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So I can finally have buried treasure of me own? Yarrr!

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

[hide=Patch Notes]

Graphical:

Tin ore in the Burthorpe Mine will no longer show as Copper ore when it has been mined.

Trees in Miscellania now have their canopies removed after being cut down.

The walls in the Giant Mole's Lair no longer stretch vertically.

A tree near the Odd Old Man has had its canopy reattached.

Players can no longer sink into the Lava on the Red Dragon Isle.

The Rimmington clue scroll has been updated to match the new look of the area.

The floor of the Observatory has been given a once over to prevent graphical issues.

The TzHaar Champion now faces the correct way in the Champions Guild basement.

The gangplank from the beached pirate ship near Port Phasmatys now appears correctly in all graphical modes.

Player can no longer walk into a section of wall at North Falador.

The Magic Trees in the Wilderness now appear to match the rest of the world.

A tile with Z-Bias on the Red Dragon Isle has been fixed.

The staff on the Dahmaroc statue no longer appears through the 1st floor of the Varrock museum.

Quests & Tasks:

Creating a Skewer will no longer delay combat hits.

The H.A.M cultists have improved security by removing some gaps in between the prison bars and the door.

In the Defender of Varrock quest, modern-day Varrock appears at all times.

The Agility rocks from Ghosts Ahoy have had their height mapping fixed.

Skills & Minigames:

The right-click option on the slots in the Beginner's tackle box now has the 'a' capitalised in the option "Withdraw All".

A typo in the Conquest tutorial relating to the Scouts has been fixed.

Ghasts have been added to the Summoning Skill Guide.

An Agility shortcut has been added to the south side of the Red Dragon Isle to allow players with level 54 or higher Agility easier access.

Other:

Players are no longer able to place a Clan Vexillum while seating in the private meeting rooms.

Text no longer overflows when right-clicking another player and 'beholding' them.

Players can no longer rest whilst blowing bubbles from their Fish mask.

The Spatula no longer seems to attack twice when smashing and a sound effect as been added to the animation. [/hide]

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

I wonder if we will be able to make TT-esque treasure hunts with 7+ different steps. All customized of course.

Would be even better if it could be a race with multiple people to finish first and get the reward.

flere_imsaho.png

As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapabale of solving approaches zero.

Ensure you are not a social situation.

The way they get rid of the bad blood between you and the Carnellians (if you sided with the cult in Hazeel Cult) is just too convenient >_>

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

They also seem to have updated Bandos armor, but nothing else that I've seen.

WZEj4.png

Oh why... That loincloth

At least you now know your character wears tiny underwear and isn't running around commando. No need to disinfect all the new pieces of armour you buy.

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

^What the [bleep]. Ladies, make sure you get a Brazilian before donning that armour.

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

I noticed armour as I couldn't be bothered swapping gear before I did quest, looks pretty decent tbh.

Anyway quest completed, kinda meh, unexpected twist at end though, although I won't spoil it for others.

Wonder what the extra rewards are though...

Maybe it has something to do with meeting phillipe around runescape after, but wonder how often he'll appear to us/locations etc. Nvm, ceril tells you where phillipe is when you speak to him, currently kings training grounds

Ok he just gave me a 2k lamp from training ground and tele'd again

Quest Cape Achieved 10/08/2012

TFU: Ruinous Edge

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

A piece of glass in the sand under your feet, it cuts you deep and it makes you hate the beauty that you see.

I noticed armour as I couldn't be bothered swapping gear before I did quest, looks pretty decent tbh.

Anyway quest completed, kinda meh, unexpected twist at end though, although I won't spoil it for others.

Wonder what the extra rewards are though...

Maybe it has something to do with meeting phillipe around runescape after, but wonder how often he'll appear to us/locations etc. Nvm, ceril tells you where phillipe is when you speak to him, currently kings training grounds

Ok he just gave me a 2k lamp from training ground and tele'd again

-Talk to the chef to fight the wolf matriarch; upon killing you get to pick between 2000xPure Ess, 3500xFlax, 200xDragon Scale Dust, 100xUnicorn horn dust (Flax is the most valuable option)

-The kid is at the lathas training area, he gives you a lamp worth 2k exp (Kid is level 30)

-The kid then goes to the barbarian camp north of the slayer cave, he gives you a lamp worth 5k exp (Kid is level 50)

-Next is Shilo Village, buy a dormitory ticket from Kaleb; and go upstairs (NE part of village), he gives another 5k exp lamp (Kid is level 70)

-Port Phantasm bar, 10k exp lamp (Kid is level 80)

-Polypore dungeon (BIP on fairy ring), take vine at entrance, then long northern path, 10k exp lamp (Kid is level 90)

-Dorgesh-kaan (just North of the bank), 10k exp lamp (Kid is level 100)

-No clues given after this (42k exp total from searching for kid)

You make it sound like running through a few level 87 monsters is hard which it really shouldn't be at your level.

riptide_mage.png

riptide_mage.png

Phillipe goes to camp you did mountain daughter quest at after lathas training camp (just before the obstacle, east of relleka) and gives 5k lamp

third location is shilo village, reward unknown so far

Quest Cape Achieved 10/08/2012

TFU: Ruinous Edge

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

A piece of glass in the sand under your feet, it cuts you deep and it makes you hate the beauty that you see.

[spoiler=After quest]Cant find philippe in shilo village I've looked everywhere :o

He's in the Paramaya Inn (large structure across the river from the bank accessible by a ladder). Need to go to the top with a ticket from the barkeeper.

Challenge: Use feather with the tied-up girl. :oops:

Fun quest, though the storyline was not surprising. The voicing was good, though I think the last voiced quest was better. Rewards are ok-ish.

Polodevil.png

polozn.png

Quest was decent. Better than most of their recent quests anyway. Rewards weren't too bad either (Considering it's a semi-low level quest).

Was sort of hoping for more customization for building the dungeon, but it was fun regardless.

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid