banned for having o 0 o 0 o o name.

jeremydude17

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, that is all based on whether the game's highscores were meant to be used to look up others' stats, or to be used to see how good a certain player is doing compared to everyone else. Then, you can discuss if the names are confusing and defeating the purpose of the game.

No matter what though, I don't think these people deserve a BAN, maybe a chance to change their name or something would be more fitting.

Swordwiz2000 - 110 Combat

88 Ranged - 95 Magic - 92 HP - 99 Fletching

Barrows Log (300+ Trips)

[url=http://forum.tip

Jagex should made a request nick changing system for those who just joined RuneScape but didn't know those 0's and o's nick aint allowed.

It's sort of unfair after they have trained their char up and realise their nick is not allowed in game.

2089wde.jpg

Thanks Metroid for the siggy and dark_shadow for avvy! \:D/ :thumbsup:

<3 wendy

I don't think they should be banned either. A simple (not sure how hard doesn't seem so) way to fix the mass confusion in the duel arena and reporting scammers that utilize the 0O0O0o thingy to be almost "unreportable" would be to doctor up the font is rs to make 0's and o's distinguishable instead of making them exact copies of each other.

Jagex should made a request nick changing system for those who just joined RuneScape but didn't know those 0's and o's nick aint allowed.

It's sort of unfair after they have trained their char up and realise their nick is not allowed in game.

Meet me in game for your Oblivious Person of the Year Award.

untitled8copyiu7.gif

Change the font so that 0 and O look different, problem solved.

Honestly I think these players have what's coming to them if they get deleted. Aside from making it near impossible to look them up in high scores (which many players do while staking), if they try to scam you in a trade it is very difficult to report, and your odds of making a successful report fast enough are minimal.

I'm sure most the people with these names are trying to hide skills staking and Pking, and for that I really don't feel it's worthy of a ban... but due to the near-impossibility of reporting these illegitimate players, banning will make the game better for those they try to scam.

tipitcrewex8.jpg

Proud to have gotten 1800 skill total before access to fishing guild

Why make a house when you can rob one?

No, there is nothing that says you cannot have a name like 0 o 0 o (or at least when I joined a few years back). Why should they be punished now for something that was not a rule. They should be allowed a name change or something.

548dba32.gif

.:: RSC Product ::.

.:: 116 Combat ::.

.:: 1777 Overall ::.

.:: Biggest Single Drop Log Ever ::.

No, there is nothing that says you cannot have a name like 0 o 0 o (or at least when I joined a few years back). Why should they be punished now for something that was not a rule. They should be allowed a name change or something.

It really boils down to intent. If players are using names like that in order to scam others, then the name itself is part of the cheating attempt.

tipitcrewex8.jpg

Change the font so that 0 and O look different, problem solved.

Honestly I think these players have what's coming to them if they get deleted. Aside from making it near impossible to look them up in high scores (which many players do while staking), if they try to scam you in a trade it is very difficult to report, and your odds of making a successful report fast enough are minimal.

I'm sure most the people with these names are trying to hide skills staking and Pking, and for that I really don't feel it's worth of a ban... but the near-impossibility of reporting these illegitimate players will make the game better for those they try to scam.

i can list two people right off the top of my head that give a reason why peopel with those kind of names SHOULD be banned

a guy named (Do not name names - Siobhana) for selling full veracs then switching the brasard with plateskirt at last second

(Do not name names - Siobhana)

same offence and would log out right after getting busted for about 4 minutes to keep people from getting the spacing and numbers\ letters right

anyone with those kinds of names are doing it for confusion purposes. and no im not talking about people with names lik o0onameo0o 00newbie or something similur ... you see what i mean? i mean before in rsc it was common practice to have a newbie with a name like 0 0 killar and have a main pker with 0_ 0 killar with similur combat but the main being a pure it was just blatantly misleading other people

but yea i would also like them to start baning entire isps asociated with scamers\ hackers\ macroers \ general scum.... but i also understand that would hurt the portion of the rs comunity that has to rely on public computers to play ( like if all kinkos computers got banned that would be funny but sad )

just my 2 cents

LK1

this random comment brought to you today by ADD: ADD, bringing random entertainment to all for generations

Ummmm.... Why would a new person want a o0o0o name ? They are only used by scammers or pure/stakers and no newbie would know what they where. :roll:

i dont get why a person would want to have a name with 0's in it.. its pretty stupid but i dont think that they should not get banned... :shock: :( :(

Zonhottie.png

Currently training all skills to or above 60.

Barrows drops: 87 runs done so far. Torag Platebody on 4th run. Guthan Chainskirt on 35th run. Dharok Helm on 45th run. Torag platelegs on 49th run. Ahrim Robeskirt on 86th run.

you may not choose a name that's offensive, or deliberatly confusing

i think those o00o0o0 names fail to abide by that rule.

yes i think they should be banned. 99% of them scam so they dont get reported, and the other 1% are stakers who abuse a bug not to get looked up.

How can we possibly be banned if jagex allows us to make these names ?

I have 00 srry o0 and my friend has o0 srry 00

Neither of us ever scam cheat or whatever, we do like having a laugh when ppl mix up our names and it gives us a great time.

BUT HOW CAN JAGEX BAN FOR SOMETHING THEY ALLOW YOU TO CHOOSE ?

If jagex thinks this is not apropiate let them please RIGHT NOW change the signing up part where u choose ur name so that it no longer allows these "difficulties".

Neither of us ever scam cheat or whatever, we do like having a laugh when ppl mix up our names and it gives us a great time.

If jagex thinks this is not apropiate let them please RIGHT NOW change the signing up part where u choose ur name so that it no longer allows these "difficulties".

they let you choose to put up a leaf spear instead of guthans warspear to.

By doing what, not allowing 0 and o to be used in names?

tipitcrewex8.jpg