Farming A Useless Skill?

Zoladex

I've read all the helps I can get on farming, and it just doesn't click for me. I've got to do it, though, if I want to fish monkfish.

And Paw_Claw, please read the article on tippit home about bumping old threads. It is now recommended as long as you are making a positive contribution. :shock: :D

When you are learning, you are growing. If you stop learning, you stop growing. If you stop growing, you die. Train hard, eat fried chicken, and take a one-a-day. (And cook that broccoli 'til it's yella and pour cheese all over it)

slowmethusel.png

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really liek it and it's only 18 :P . The only things I've grown are potatoes, cabbages, onions and some marigolds :lol: .

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

Farming is an awesome money maker, and isn't all that hard to raise. ToG works wonders, I got my farming from 1 to 7 to 14 and so on. Now, I can get 6k Farming/Runecrafting (yes, I dislike runecrafting) xp per week.

And when you get just 32 Farming, you can make alot of money by farming Ranarr Weeds. Per seed, which I buy 10-20k ea, I can get as much as 12 herbs (usually 6-8) and if I made then into potions I could sell 7k ea. That's 22-32k profit PER SEED, and that's if getting only 6 herbs, most people get more!

So to whoever said that Farming wasn't a good skill, think again. :roll:

Kostyaf.png

If you farm all 4 patches as say rannars u'll get about 40 - 60 rannars

people can pay up to 2k for rannars from what i seen thts around 80k - 120k for 1 load of herbs whihc take 30mins to grow.

I'd love to buy every ranaar you grow for 2k each :lol:

they sell for more like 5-6k to be honest

But I dont think anyone yeilds an average of 10-15 each harvest , nor any harvest at all

Actually...I just farmed 88 ranarr seeds as a way to get my farming up, with watermelons for even more exp. (Which I got for a steal, at 2k each, rather than the normal 3.3k -.-)

ANYWAYS...this is what 88 seeds got me:

607 Ranarr Weeds, all sold at 7k each. That's 4,249,000 Gp, folks.

And, of course, that's INCLUDING dead herbs. About 7-9 of those seeds died on me...so...you figure, an average of about 7 ranarr per seed, I would've gotten another 400,000 Gp had they not died.

I did those herbs in less than a week of farming. They helped get me to 70, also, which was my last 70 I needed.

Oh...and while I farmed, I runecrafted law runes, making an average of 1k laws for every cycle of Herbs I picked. 22 cycles = a whole lot of laws.

Worth it? Are you kidding me?

I think so. 8-)

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png

i usually get from 7-13 ranarrs or herbs ive gotten 15 irits before tho cuz i use the enchatned secateur and super comp andsecateur rumors say adds 10% to harvest so always use and and why spend tons of money on pots for barrows when i buy the seeds plant grow while they growin barrow then got new batch of ppots just growin for 15k-20k per seed even though i buy for 10k at mossies and great herb xp got me to 41-51

tifsig3pw9.png

jese1mz7.png