Should I replace my dragon armor?

Blaze The Movie Fan

I looked up information about non-degradable armor and thought I had my answer, but apparently I don't.

Some people have criticized my character for still using dragon armor, and I understand why. There are better armor pieces out there.

Now I want to get one thing perfectly clear. The only degradable item I'll ever use is Verac's helm, I just don't like the idea of having to pay every few hours to use an item. It's not a big deal to be to pay 60K coins for using a Verac's helmet, since it isn't a lot. However, it is a big deal to me having to pay for other degradable items, especially platebodies.

So I wanna ask, should I save for 3rd Age armor? It will take a very long time since it is hard to gain over 100m from fighting monsters. (yeah, I mostly fight monsters.)

If it's worth it in the end, I will save for a 3rd age armor.

Also one more thing, I know that in the past I have been a dick towards people who are trying to help me, but this time I'll do my best to not get into arguments and just appreciate any help I get. And if I do disagree with someone I'll try to be civil about it.

Your every few hours is a joke barrows last for 10 hours of COMBAT so you don't repair all that often. and if the cost is that bad repair it in yours or someone else's poh for up to half price.

Edit: Gah on top of that defensive stats don't mean didly in this game.

I'm sure even just killing monsters makes more then 33k/hr.

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

Bandos is 100% better then dragon armour, the +6 str bonus and +2 prayer bonus is more useful then the minimal defensive changes.

BEFORE you get bandos though you should always have a fury and zerker ring as it is pretty much bandos for 8mill

you may want to get a verac skirt instead of the helm and replace it with a niezzy (assuming that your trying to stay with 1 barrows piece or less)

Also if your trying to focus on not getting into heated arguments with people just think about it this way, you dont HAVE to take our advice it is YOUR character and YOU choose the way YOU will play there is nothing we can do to change that besides offer you the best advice we can, which you may choose to or not to take. And its just a game :P

• Like 4

"Happiness depends more on the inward disposition of mind than on outward circumstances."

Benjamin Franklin

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Albert Einstein

G%20I%20Jackass.png

G_I_Jackass.png

Tbh I don't think there's anything wrong with using dragon. It's a decent cheap armour with no upkeep costs. I use dragon legs myself on lower level stuff but do use guthan/veracs for higher level fighting so the repairs are very far apart.

I am saving for bandos though, the additional strength and prayer bonus helps to keep quicker so overall you probably take similar damage to having lower strength but higher defence.

wildxyak.png

99: Agility 28/12/14|Thieving 20/03/15

I still don't like how bandos chestplate has less slash defense bonus than dragon platebody, but I'll defiantly replace my amulet of glory with an amulet of fury.

I used to keep amulet of glory for teleport purposes and mining gems, I will still use my amulet of glory to mine gems, but during combat it's best to use amulet of fury. In fact amulet of fury will be the next item I buy after I'm done buying 17K nature runes.

It doesn't matter if you like it or not.

In current combat str bonus > defence bonus so Bandos is better.

In EoC things are tiered so they always get better by tier so Bandos > Barrows > Dragon.

Either way both now even more so after EoC Bandos is better and you should have it.

Also aversion to degrading armour is just plain foolish. You get many hours of combat out of them, even if you play a fair amount (like 4 hours a day) you get a good 2-3 days of combat there. Plus they aren't that costly to repair, proportionally the helms are highest cost vs what they do statswise AND with armour stand in PoH you get huge discounts (up to 50%) based on ur smithing level which further drops the cost AND if you do not make at least double what the repair cost is in the time it takes to go 100>0 you are doing something wrong.

I mean even at full cost barrows is only 230k for the armour set for 0>100 repair and it lasts 15 hours. You only need to make 15,300gp per hour of us to break even. Considering even rubbishy slayer tasks you ought to make at the very least 25k profit in an hour and most tasks will make a fair bit more subject to drops/alchs etc. I mean black demon task, 1 rune chain drop that's like 2 hours of barrows repair right there.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

It doesn't matter if you like it or not.

In current combat str bonus > defence bonus so Bandos is better.

In EoC things are tiered so they always get better by tier so Bandos > Barrows > Dragon.

Either way both now even more so after EoC Bandos is better and you should have it.

Also aversion to degrading armour is just plain foolish. You get many hours of combat out of them, even if you play a fair amount (like 4 hours a day) you get a good 2-3 days of combat there. Plus they aren't that costly to repair, proportionally the helms are highest cost vs what they do statswise AND with armour stand in PoH you get huge discounts (up to 50%) based on ur smithing level which further drops the cost AND if you do not make at least double what the repair cost is in the time it takes to go 100>0 you are doing something wrong.

I mean even at full cost barrows is only 230k for the armour set for 0>100 repair and it lasts 15 hours. You only need to make 15,300gp per hour of us to break even. Considering even rubbishy slayer tasks you ought to make at the very least 25k profit in an hour and most tasks will make a fair bit more subject to drops/alchs etc. I mean black demon task, 1 rune chain drop that's like 2 hours of barrows repair right there.

Actually, last I checked, Bandos = Barrows in EoC beta. It just doesn't degrade.

But degrading is definitely not worth worrying about. Especially with Barrows armor because the repair cost is so tiny

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

Your initial questions have pretty much been answered so do with this what you will.

Last I checked it was better value (same strength and higher Defense) to use Amulet of Fury + Berserker Ring with Dragon Platebody/Platelegs than Amulet of Glory + Warrior Ring with Bandos Chestplate/Tassets.

The point is not to buy Bandos unless you already have the Amulet of Fury or Berserker Ring. If you can afford all 4 of these things you should defnitely buy Bandos.

Of course, you could buy Dragon's worth (~8m) of Barrows (Guthan's Platebody, 300k, and Torag's Platelegs 500k) giving you 140 hours of combat with superior stats to Dragon without having to repair anything.

If you were looking ahead to EoC, Bandos is currently tier level 75 armor, on par with Armadyl and Ganodermic and between Barrows and Nex gear while being non-degradable.

• Like 1

2dgucz6.png

I was EXACTLY like you quite a number of years ago; shortly after 3rd age came out, i think. I had a vendetta against degradable armor sets for the same reason you do. And spent hours in W2 every few days alternating between dragon plateskirts, rune plates & legs, granite bodies, and rockshell plates & legs depending on what i was in the mood for at the time. Ah, those were the good old days.

Anyway, on topic. As other's have said, bandos is far superior to dragon simply because it only has slightly inferior defense stats, and due to it's strength bonus, adds to your overall damage output quite nicely. However, a berserker ring and an amulet of fury should come first.

3rd age has very little practical use in combat. And Bandos will be vastly superior to it in every aspect after the combat beta hits the live game in a few months. So it's best to just forgo it.

In the end, do what you wish! But remember; pretty much any advice you get here will be bias towards being as efficient as possible ;)

Hexiled Razz. Player since March 8th, 2005.