jagex introduces auto talker? achievement banner

michel555555

so i saw my first achievement banner today at dg. It actually has its own chat that keeps repeating over and over listing a players achievements with their name next to the achievement. Its also unreportable.

So now all someone has to do to spam a chat window and not get reported or muted is just change their name to whatever they are advertising, and pay some cash to jagex.

Wonder if anyone els has realized this about the banner and what your thoughts are about jagex basically selling its own version of a bot?

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

how much can you advertise in 12 characters and 28 bucks that can't be accomplished with a throwaway account using the 2 week free membership trial?

By the way, you can still report a player for having an offensive name IIRC.

• Like 1

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

it isnt spamming your chat since messages doesnt go chat and you cannot customize them so i dont see any problem.

its like pair of easter squirrels they also keep talking while summoned and disappears after few mins

Can I ask you why you are being so contemptuous and ragging on jagex? Your view and demonstrations of this contents concept are a bit too far for practical use.

Like what the other person has stated changing your name and spending 28 dollars is a gross and inferior method of spamming even without a throwaway account. People have learned to play by other rules since... Forever. The fact that jagex is working to fight autotypers is nothing. Those same people have learned to work around those same rules to create autotypers that fly under the radar of jagex detection system.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I really don't see a problem with it, since there are only a handful of messages to choose from. Stop trying to find things Jagex did wrong and attack them for it.

• Like 2

It doesn't go to chat, but it, like the fish mask, are annoying. I doubt anyone could advertise with it though. Takes an entire line to write out their jibberish garbage. Seems exclusively for spamming/trolling. Can it be ignored?

VJH7N9F.png

zuzmo.png 

There was already one person advertising with it at dg. He just changed his name to key 4something i think it was, didn't really look since my own dg was starting. and short of turning off public not sure if putting the person on ignore will hide banner?

edit: and dont people with offensive names need to talk for you to report them? Or has that been changed.

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

There was already one person advertising with it at dg. He just changed his name to key 4something i think it was, didn't really look since my own dg was starting. and short of turning off public not sure if putting the person on ignore will hide banner?

edit: and dont people with offensive names need to talk for you to report them? Or has that been changed.

For a short period of time, you were able to report people with offensive names without them needing to talk. However, for some reason not even a JMod could tell me, it was switched back.

However, there are other ways of reporting offensive usernames.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

All you have to do type your ADVERTISEMENT (preferably a link to a SKETCHY WEBSITE) into your NEW USERNAME REQUEST, and as long as you stay within 12 CHARACTERS and has NO PERIODS OR FORWARD SLASHES WHATSOEVER (WHICH IS IMPOSSIBLE) you should be FINE. Then you have to PAY 30 BUCKS to redeem your ACHIEVEMENT BANNER. Now all you have to do is place it in a CROWDED AREA and watch as all the SHEEPLE follow your 0.6 SECOND 12 CHARACTER ADVERTISEMENT to the AFOREMENTIONED SKETCHY WEBSITE.

WELL DONE my minions, we have successfully RUINED THE GAME! I'm sure the ad revenue of our SCHLOCK WEBPAGE will more than make up for the 30 BUCKS we had to spend for EVERY ADVERTISER ACCOUNT WE USED.

• Like 1

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

I really wish they weren't so expensive. It seems like a fun way to troll people. I had thought the sentences could only be chosen from a number pre-made by Jagex.

They are set by jagex, but your account name is not, so you could presumably make a 12 character account name that was the advertisement... not that easy thb.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014