Herb runs, juju and timing questions..

joey11223

Since getting 99 farm I've left the skill alone, even herb runs. However I really should get back into doing them between tasks so I have two questions...

1) Is herb farming viable without using juju farming potions? They weren't around when I last farmed and I'd need to level hunter from 67 to 74.

2) Assuming I did use juju pots, do people pick & re-plant all 5 patches in a 5 min period (that the potion lasts) or do they pick and not re-plant to save time and go and re-plant afterwards?

cakesncats056-1.jpg

1) It's viable, but you put a MASSIVE dent in the profits, to the point that it's not kinda a "could use it but meh only minor lose" it's more a "well with juju I can make 1m an hour, without I make more money mining coal"

2) Using juju start at Trollheim (since its aaaaaggges from tele unless you have the lunar one) Doing this you can sip juju then harvest, compost, note herbs and replant all 5 regular herb patches + the first juju herb patch before the juju wears off. It's even doable using home tele for cathurby and ardougne both (opposed to cathurby tele and fish guild tele or ardy cape)

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I can't quote prices or anything like that, but I'm sure there are one or two herbs you could do without juju potions and still profit somewhat; however, the potions are absolutely worth leveling Hunter for. When I was getting 99 Farming, I was a bit skeptical about needing them ("Herb farming was profitable before juju, it will be fine without them!") but now I couldn't even imagine Farming without them. What's more, there are some herbs (Torstol, etc.) that you shouldn't even bother doing without juju.

Picking and replanting all five patches isn't an issue unless you get random'd during your run. Before you get juju, why not time yourself on one of your herb runs to get a ballpark figure of how long it takes you? If you don't have the Livid Farm Trollheim teleport spell unlocked, always start your runs at the My Arm patch - that way you don't have to waste any of your juju time by running there. The rest of your route after that shouldn't really matter.

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png

If you don't have the Livid Farm Trollheim teleport spell unlocked, always start your runs at the My Arm patch - that way you don't have to waste any of your juju time by running there. The rest of your route after that shouldn't really matter.

Does the Livid farm version take you nearer the patch then the regular Trollheim tele then?

Also thanks guys, seems I'll level hunter. Hopefully hunting red sallys isn't glitched as it was a fair few months back..

cakesncats056-1.jpg

Yes, the lunar spell unlocked at livid farm takes you directly to the farm patch.

Btw, if the Sallys are still glitched, I would recommend doing orange sallys. The catch rate is a lot higher for them, so the bug doesn't matter much, and the xp per catch is not that much lower.

Not sure if someone else mentioned it, as I don't know if you have 99 Herblore or not, but it may also be worth it to check your Juju herbs as well while under the potion. Normally I can get to the sixth patch, finish it, and get part of the seventh before my potion wears off.