Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Sizzling September!

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

Kimberly
[ Display Name History ]

Kimberly

Retired Staff

• Members
  • 12,325 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Kimberly
  • RSN2:Dorelei

I rarely post here, but wasn't there supposed to be a 700,000 xp reward in September, not 350,000?

You didn't read the newspost well enough. Yes, there's a 700k reward but only if you were subscribed continuously through August and September. Otherwise, being a member for the month of September will only give you 350k bonus exp.

hzvjpwS.gif

Kirschen
[ Display Name History ]

Kirschen

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,446 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Kirschen
40+ days since quitting and reading the contents for September is reminding me why I am enjoying my freedom.

But that cape is kinda neat looking... if it wasn't a squid.

Zerker_Jane
[ Display Name History ]

Zerker_Jane

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 504 posts
  • RSN:Zerker Jane

40+ days since quitting and reading the contents for September is reminding me why I am enjoying my freedom.

But that cape is kinda neat looking... if it wasn't a squid.

Haha no kidding.
Posted Image
99 farm easy

NukeMarine
[ Display Name History ]

NukeMarine

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,300 posts
  • RSN:Nukemarine
I used my May's 250k xp necklace on the agility portion of the olympic event. Too bad that event will be over by the time we get our bonus 350k or 700k as it made for a quick 60k xp a day for five minutes work. I'll be honest and say I prefer these bonus XP items instead of a week-end's bonus XP event.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

Yoko Kurama
[ Display Name History ]

Yoko Kurama

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,988 posts

I'm hoping they get around to deleting the entire concept. EoC was a good idea but terribly done. I know it's in beta and will be tweaked before release, but unless they do a complete 180 with it, I don't see it turning out remotely as well as people were hoping.

I was excited at the prospect of EoC as well, I really was, I was one of the 50,000 that got full access, and I gave it more than a fair try; more than a few actually. I simply cannot get into it. I realize they have done a lot of work on this, but the best idea is to just scrap the whole thing, and add, slowly, certain positive aspects of the beta(such as LP armour, food raising more LP and so on).

Kinda reminds me of how much they hyped MA. Everyone was so pumped to have the new mini-game. The idea and description of it was phenomenal. Everybody hated it before their first game had ended. Just another potentially great update that they've butchered.

That's a great thing to parallel the current situation with; I remember them hyping up MA and the subsequent fiasco as well, it was atrocious. The only reason that game survives to this day is because much like Livid Farm, Jagex can be saddists at times, they make it so the only way to get nice rewards is to torment yourself through the most horrendous drudgeries.

Platinum_Myr
[ Display Name History ]

Platinum_Myr

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,604 posts
  • RSN:Serena Sedai
  • RSN2:Fyora Serena
  • Clan:The Knighted Angels
I think they have a lot of good concepts, but they need to make it their own instead of (poorly) copying other MMOs. My biggest concerns are basically around how much input is required, when most of the abilities don't require thought, you just want them to activate as much as possible. They should allow the basic abilities to fire automatically, when they pop up, as this reduces clicking for the same result. Threshold and ultimates should all be more interactive and require better timing.

Also, bar should drain much slower during any combat based minigame, so that we don't lose threshold or ultimate while switching targets (dungeoneering especially needs this)

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Byzantus
[ Display Name History ]

Byzantus

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 210 posts
  • RSN:Byzantus
  • Clan:Thunders wrath

Today is the day! If you’ve been a part of Sizzling Summer and been a member for every day of August, today you will receive a promissory note from us, directly into your inventory. If you don’t have the space, talk to Diango in Draynor Village to pick it up! There will be a prompt on log-in to tell you that the item is available to you. Please also note that some players may not receive the item until later in the day, as it will take a number of hours for us to award it to all eligible players.

Click on it in your inventory to open up the Bank of XP and claim your 350,000 XP. Your XP will be applied through lamps (accessible only through the Bank of XP, rather than your inventory), which are for varying amounts and have minimum level requirements for whichever skill you are wishing to apply it to. This is so you can’t accidentally apply 350k XP to one skill and suddenly find yourself having skipped through levels unintentionally! You will still be able to apply multiple lamps to the same skill if you wish, though.
We’re only halfway done, though, so don’t forget that you’ve got until midnight tonight (GMT) to purchase membership for our scorching September session of Sizzling Summer! If you’ve been a member throughout August be sure to keep your membership running until the end of September to guarantee that you get your hands on over 1 million XP and Choose Your Fate: four of the most powerful items ever seen in RuneScape.

If you're slightly late to the Sizzling Summer party, never fear – even if you haven’t been eligible for Sizzling Summer so far, sign up for September now to be eligible for a roasting-hot raft ofSizzling September rewards. Just make sure to do it by midnight tonight (GMT) so you don’t miss out on all those summer goodies!

The RuneScape Team

Wow, i thought we would get 350K bonus xp, not 350K xp right in our pocket 0.0
Posted Image

Ruinous Edge
[ Display Name History ]

Ruinous Edge

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 519 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
I am surprised, considering how they implemented mad may's xp via a necklace, that they are basically giving you 350k xp in lamps via this bank of XP, easy 80 slayer & herby levels for me though :)
EDIT: well I will when they update my account with the note :/

Quest Cape Achieved 10/08/2012

TFU: Ruinous Edge

Posted Image

http://www.transformersuniverse.com

A piece of glass in the sand under your feet, it cuts you deep and it makes you hate the beauty that you see.

Omali
[ Display Name History ]

Omali

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,429 posts
  • RSN:mtomali

The ex-players on here always remind me of Jim Gaffigan's sketch on vegetarians. For people who apparently quit and never looked back, you guys sure do spend a lot of time here. In fact you yourself posted like 25 times in a RuneScape thread (Not counting non-scape posts) since you "quit" around July 20th.

But you know who seems to be really obsessed with meat? Vegetarians.

For people who don't like meat, they seem to eat a lot of vegetables that are mashed up and shaped to look like meat. "I find meat repulsive. I'll have a veggie burger with fake bacon, and can you serve it to me dressed like a cow? I don't like meat; I just like to call meat late at night and hang up. Let's drive by meat's house. Does meat ever ask about me? I don't care! I ain't missin' you at all...missin' youuuuuu...."

Posted Image

Posted Image

Bohemian Rhapsody
[ Display Name History ]

Bohemian Rhapsody

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • RSN:Radio Ga Ga
Squid and chips, huh? More cheesy stuff, yay!
I kinda like bonus exp tho.
Any Way The Wind Blows...

Tres
[ Display Name History ]

Tres

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 416 posts
so we get first 350k exp (from august) then 700k (from august + sept) + 350k exp (from sept) total 1.4m exp in end of sept or is it just 350k + 700k?

Den
[ Display Name History ]

Den

Movie Director

• Members
  • 8,257 posts
  • RSN:Rainy

so we get first 350k exp (from august) then 700k (from august + sept) + 350k exp (from sept) total 1.4m exp in end of sept or is it just 350k + 700k?

350 + 700 if you were member for both months.
350 if you are only for one of the months.

Cow
[ Display Name History ]

Cow

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 437 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:Renoux

just 350k + 700k?

VJH7N9F.png

zuzmo.png 

n64jive
[ Display Name History ]

n64jive

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,153 posts

just 350k + 700k?

There are three possible scenarios:

1. You were just a member for August: 350k xp at the end of August
2. You were just a member for September: 350k xp at the end of September
3. You were a member for both August and September: 350k at the end of August and 700k at the end of September for a total of 1050k xp

No other possible scenario.
Posted Image

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts
  • RSN:Sy Accursed

just 350k + 700k?

3. You were a member for both August and September: 350k at the end of August and 700k at the end of September for a total of 1050k xp

LIES

4. You were never a member: You get 0 xp.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Platinum_Myr
[ Display Name History ]

Platinum_Myr

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,604 posts
  • RSN:Serena Sedai
  • RSN2:Fyora Serena
  • Clan:The Knighted Angels

But you know who seems to be really obsessed with meat? Vegetarians.

For people who don't like meat, they seem to eat a lot of vegetables that are mashed up and shaped to look like meat. "I find meat repulsive. I'll have a veggie burger with fake bacon, and can you serve it to me dressed like a cow? I don't like meat; I just like to call meat late at night and hang up. Let's drive by meat's house. Does meat ever ask about me? I don't care! I ain't missin' you at all...missin' youuuuuu...."

I do think quite a few vegetarians do so because of (whether real or imagined) health reasons. But it is definitely odd.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Auror
[ Display Name History ]

Auror

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 772 posts
  • RSN:Don Auror

I rarely post here, but wasn't there supposed to be a 700,000 xp reward in September, not 350,000?

You get 700k for sept IF you've done aug and sept.
This 350k for sept is if you JUST do sept.

All good then :)

Wait, I still don't get it.. So if one has been a memb in Sept and Aug, do they then get a total of 1050k free xp or 700k?

Ambler
[ Display Name History ]

Ambler

Black Knight Trainer

• Monster Hunting Team
  • 3,453 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Ambl3r
  • RSN '07:Ambler
  • Clan:¯\_(ツ)_/¯
1050k. If you got 350k today, and will have membs for rest of next month.

Posted Image
^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^
My livestream- Currently: Offline :(
Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

Lewtations

n64jive
[ Display Name History ]

n64jive

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,153 posts

just 350k + 700k?

LIES

4. You were never a member: You get 0 xp.

This reminds me of the trivial solution in linear algebra.

But seriously, I don't understand why people don't understand this. It's the buy 2 get one free model at the price of 350k xp/month.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users