This game needs a single player option.

Alright, I am sick of being in crowded areas and having to switch worlds just to find out that the area is just as crowded or even more in the world I switch to.

Why can't there be a single player option in this game? I don't play the game competitively, I mainly play it to fight monsters, and there is no reason I should have to deal with having issues fighting monsters because I'm in a crowded area. Not to mention there is a limited amount of steel dragons and red dragons, two which are some of my favorite monsters to fight. Also I have to deal with iron dragons and wild dogs who interrupt me and while they're interrupting someone else fights the red dragons and steel dragons.

It's an MMORPG. If you don't like that, quit. I normally don't like that answer, but in this case what you're describing that you want is not what RuneScape is designed around. Play games like Diablo instead.

I have to agree with Kimberly on this one. Took the words right out of my mouth.

29386_s.gif

"Goals dont have a deadline." -xxxgod quoting Lady Shahdie

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

Alright, maybe I should quit the game, but it's easier said than done. I'm so addicted to this game that I can't quit.

I will admit that you're right, Kimberly, RuneScape isn't a game that's made to fight monsters.

But the fact is it's not just fighting monsters that I love about RuneScape, it's also making stuff out of their drops. Like tunas, metal bars, gems etc.

I make steel platebodies out of the steel bars dropped, admiral pies out of the tunas and amulets of glory out of the dragonstones, those are just some examples.

I don't think I'm gonna quit the game soon, because I really enjoy it. And I am aware if I want to keep playing the game I have to deal with the fact that it's a multi-player only game and to be honest I can get over it. Besides, at the red dragons I did manage to kill at least one red dragon and beat the others to it a lot, so I can be thankful for that.

What? PVM is an integral part of RuneScape. How you can say it's not a game meant to fight monsters is completely beyond my understanding.

You're in love with the mechanics of the game, not the game itself. I will tell you right now there are many standalone titles that do the exact same thing without online interaction. You are lying to yourself if you're saying that you stick around with the game for these other things when you hold yourself apart from the main experience - interaction.

Quit and play something else. It's that simple.

hzvjpwS.gif

No, it's the fact that I misunderstood what you meant.

Maybe I'm playing the game RuneScape for all the wrong reasons. But I'm not quitting because I enjoy the game.

You know what? I might not be playing the games for the right reasons, but I still have a lot of fun with it, and that's the reason I'm not quitting.

I agree that overcrowding is a real problem, but single-player Runescape is basically a complete contradiction of what Runescape is. Best option is to play in foreign language servers (doing so myself at this very moment in order to freely cut yews). It might be a bit of an adjustment, but it would be the best option.

o4qq.png

My Pure F2P Blog: CLICK ME

6th Maintainer of the Pure F2P Highscores / The Top 250 F2P Skill Total Lists : May 16th, 2012 - March 30th, 2014.

• 1 month later...

I agree with many of the posts above...an mmorpg is meant for playing online with many players. They should add more areas because there is an overpopulation for world size. We're barely using 1/2 the world productively. We should add more content and areas which would fix the competitive problem. And nuking the bots =D

Mrnogo.png

Alright, I am sick of being in crowded areas and having to switch worlds just to find out that the area is just as crowded or even more in the world I switch to.

Why can't there be a single player option in this game? I don't play the game competitively, I mainly play it to fight monsters, and there is no reason I should have to deal with having issues fighting monsters because I'm in a crowded area. Not to mention there is a limited amount of steel dragons and red dragons, two which are some of my favorite monsters to fight. Also I have to deal with iron dragons and wild dogs who interrupt me and while they're interrupting someone else fights the red dragons and steel dragons.

There are steel dragons in brimhaven dungeon, more in the separate resource dungeon, in kuradals dungeon, and at ghorrock castle. That should be plenty.

Red dragons I could understand, but if you venture into the wilderness, crowds are something you can solve there... :)

As for the iron dragons/wild dogs: Live with it, it's the same for everyone. You rant about ppl taking 'your' dragons, while you've most likely done it the other way around yourself.

Vmser.png