What has the internet become..?

DOC IRON 9

To quote one of the signatures on this Forum:

"They are not exercising their freedom of speech, they are exercising their freedom from being punched in the mouth".

... true story

• Like 2

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

Bit of an ironic thread if you ask me. :P.

• Like 1

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

To quote one of the signatures on this Forum:

"They are not exercising their freedom of speech, they are exercising their freedom from being punched in the mouth".

... true story

Has anyone heard from pokemama recently?

Has anyone heard from pokemama recently?

I haven't seen her on skype in a while, but I'm not on often.

She has a forum update from the 31st, so that's not too long ago.

~M

Trolls are people to be pittied.

It's a way to get attention. At some point, any attention, good or bad, becomes better than apathy. If you can't get people to like you, at least you can make people remember you, and for many people infamy is better than being another in a faceless crowd.

In the real world, society would eventually shun you as a whole for your 'look at me! look at me!' behavior But out here, where it is much more difficult (but not entirely impossible) for the protectors of society to take physical retribution, these people can finally think they mean something. People know who they are now, and that must mean that they themselves mean something.

So I say again. These are the people who need our pity, because they are people who are wholly incapable of generating any level of self worth on their own. Like the class clown, they need other people to acknowledge and validate them.

You actually get people like this in real life sometimes, though much less commonly, because trolling in real life does result in getting your ass kicked. This is that kid who is always trying to start a fight, but can never finish one. No one helps him, because no one likes him, and no one cares.

For internet trolls, some of the blame rests on the shoulder's of pretty much everyone though. Anyone who has ever talked about a troll after they left, or welcomed a troll back, or responded to their trolling is making the word a little bit worse, because all of that behavior validates everything they have done. Just like a temper tantrum (the quintessential 'look at me' move), the best way to make it stop is apathy. Eventually they will try something constructive, at which point they should be welcomed back into the world.

Some people are just pricks. There's no need for all the armchair psychology.

Of course, a lot of people just call "troll" when faced with an argument they disagree with or dislike, in lieu of forming a coherent reply. It's pretty much become void of all meaning, much like how nerds use the word hipsterish to describe anything they dislike. Almost like a form of tone-policing I guess.

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

Troll has become a generic insult. I get called troll all the time by people who can't handle opinions different from theirs. So instead of formulating an intelligent reply they just shout 'Troll!'.

2480+ total