Smithing pickaxes?! Current approval rate: 83.33%!

bookrhino

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally think making a pickaxe would be alot more involed. As since the handle is made of wood i doubt that you could just smith the whole thing. It would also invold fletching, i suspect you would make the handle the same way of shafts

other than that, I am for the smithing of pickaxes

permanantley muted for offensive language! pwnd some noobs though XD

I personally think making a pickaxe would be alot more involed. As since the handle is made of wood i doubt that you could just smith the whole thing. It would also invold fletching, i suspect you would make the handle the same way of shafts

other than that, I am for the smithing of pickaxes

what about bronze they are fully made of bronze

defineately gonna get support on this one. Great idea, and many people complain that they can't make them. Kinda dumb, but i guess Jagex wants us to blow 32k on a rune pick, or even more for a dragon pick (if they are released!), so we dont have a pure profit. But think about it, newbs start with a bronze pick. They mine and mine and mine and smith and smith and smith, and suddenly can pay for a rune pick and have left over cash. But if you can make them, not only is there chance for more money for you, but also more exp and such. Also, what if we could repair our own picks? I think you should include in your idea repairing picks and axes (not barrows stuff though, if u have it, then u should pay to repair it) because if you can smith it, then how hard would it be to hammer a few patches on?

Sry for the lengthy paragraph, but i support all the way!

Smithing pickaxes, YES, I have wanted that ever since... well forever. It never made sense to me that axes were smithable but pickaxes weren't. It would also be nice if you could make halberds (required Regicide to smith) and spears.

But drop all, no. It would only mean we would see many more macroers, especially at the fishing guild. All they have to do to macro their way to 76 fishing would be to run their usual macro on a low fishing spot, and hit drop all on all of the useless fish. That would shave off a significant ammount of time needed to macro to shark level; and probally the same with woodcutting macroers aswell. So NO on that one.

"Haters":

1. infam0us911

2. jwrm22

nah... i like the plan for smith able pic axes... but be realistic...

look at this:

rune axes: smithing lvl 86, 1 bar, 7,280 gp high alch

rune pickaxe: smithing lvl 86, 1 bar, 19200 gp high alch

do you realy think this would it? 11920 gp MORE for nothing! haha, check your stuff better out next time...

if it was possibble:

buying all rune bars 15k each, need a free smither lvl 86, buying 1k natures, alching 1000 times, making 3k each profit...

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

As we also know, the smithing skill is not exactly the most useful at lower levels (below 70 or 80). So I think: If we can make rune axes, why not rune pickaxes? It's basically the same thing, just with a small variation in shape. Mining and woodcutting are both equally competant skills for both f2p and p2p, so it should only be fair that both of their equipment costs are about the same as well. The pickaxes of each metal would have the same level requirements as woodcutting axes, for the reasons mentioned above.

Theres a simple enough reason for that.

You can buy all levels of pickaxes in game from the dwarf in the cave. However, you cannot buy a wc axe higher than steel anywhere in game (unless there is some p2p shop I don't know about). Thats why smithing axes is in the game, but smithing pickaxes isn't.

so put me in the list of opposition. You cant have both. If you do decide to make them smithable, remove all picks higher than steel from sale.

I agrre that peckaxes should be smithable, but i believe that they should be 2 bars and should be around the long sword level for the ore type, as their shop value is the same as a long.

"How you act when no one is looking is the clearest indicator of the strength or depravity of your true character. "

yeah, he's deffinetly a little excited...dont worry its not a glitch...d legs are meant to stretch in that area for that reason.

Theres a simple enough reason for that.

You can buy all levels of pickaxes in game from the dwarf in the cave. However, you cannot buy a wc axe higher than steel anywhere in game (unless there is some p2p shop I don't know about). Thats why smithing axes is in the game, but smithing pickaxes isn't.

so put me in the list of opposition. You cant have both. If you do decide to make them smithable, remove all picks higher than steel from sale.

I was thinking of this exact thing, too. Bob is the only one that I can recall selling hatchets (old RSC term, I know) at all, and they only range from bronze to steel. I remember quite a while back getting a mithril hatchet from someone giving them away and being quite pleased because I couldn't buy it elsewhere and I couldn't make it yet.

Something that people are probably forgetting because they are f2p or most people consider it out of the way: mining picks are also sold in Keldagrim, near the blast furnace. Besides that, the p2p quest "Between A Rock..." gives you a rune mining pick as a reward!

Repairing axes and picks would be a bad idea. Fliers would become utterly worthless, and there would be no reason to go to Bob or Nurmof.

I would be for supporting smithing picks, but having them be only 1 bar each, and considering both the availability of picks in the shops and the few drops that exist in the game, I'm going to have to say no. I would be for implementing more drops with a greater variety of picks, but in all likelihood they would be P2P monsters.

lol

pls read this

y dun yall think y JAgex dun make pick smithable

think if u r JAgex's staff y dun u make em smithable...

i think it's about balancing of the game...

i want to smith pick too but it will make the game too easy

u may say dat "i can make wc axe so y not pick?"

but wc axe is for wcin(u need to train both smithin and wcin or buy from s1 who have high smithin lvl)

u use smithin skill for wcin skill dat's wot i call balancin the game

if u can smith pick(u train just smithin!) dat means u can use yo smithin skill for smithin...

then yo smithin lvl will get up and up and u dun need to spend ne money...

SRRY FOR LONG POST...

I DISAGREE...

PS:srry if it's too complicated im not native speaker. if ne1 understand pls simplify it

Join the petition for a new bank page layout!

If you're tired of people telling you to "put this in your signature", put this in your signature.

lol

pls read this

y dun yall think y JAgex dun make pick smithable

think if u r JAgex's staff y dun u make em smithable...

i think it's about balancing of the game...

i want to smith pick too but it will make the game too easy

u may say dat "i can make wc axe so y not pick?"

but wc axe is for wcin(u need to train both smithin and wcin or buy from s1 who have high smithin lvl)

u use smithin skill for wcin skill dat's wot i call balancin the game

if u can smith pick(u train just smithin!) dat means u can use yo smithin skill for smithin...

then yo smithin lvl will get up and up and u dun need to spend ne money...

SRRY FOR LONG POST...

I DISAGREE...

PS:srry if it's too complicated im not native speaker. if ne1 understand pls simplify it

What are you talking about (the point; I understood your message)? You don't need a high wc level in order to smith woodcutting axes...you just need the proper smithing level. And how would it make smithing easier? It requires the same materials, you get the same experience, and both would probably have the same value per bar.

So why not add it? The most harm it could do is make getting a very high mining level take 30 minutes less, as you avoid pointless trips to the mines once or twice while training.

70herby.png

they wont ever drop the shop price of the pic axes...

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

i find the idea nice but that could cause a problem with the npc who sell them. i mean that people could smith 100's of picks and sell them makeing money so the price of selling should be reduced. On the other hand that could make the pickax market larger than it curently is opening new jobs for merchents. put me down as dont mind

I like the idea but it'll never happen. Mining is the dependent skill in runescape

You need Mining to train(get more exp faster)

-runecrafting(and ultimately magic)

-crafting

-smithing(which goes into wc, att, sth,def and range)

Knowing most ppl in runescape, they want to make a quick buck so the price will probebly hover around 30k(slightly cheper then shop). Ores will be easier to get but don't expect ore prices to change!

As far as I can see the only ppl to win in the end will be the autoers and profiteers with high smithing lvls.

As far as I can see the only ppl to win in the end will be the autoers and profiteers with high smithing lvls.

There wont be any profit if pickaxes would be smithable. Its what 32k in shop? So it will be a 2 bar item. Meaning it would cost us smithers anywhere from 28k-30k to smith. While no1 buys it for more then 30k on the streets. Tons of people sell them 25k ea on the street aswell. So its not like u can sell 100's each day.

So basicly its just another useless item.

Rsn; System 0

Current Smithing XP; 31,4M (Ranked #9)

I support..

And you should also have a "handle" for each bar in your inventory, which you can fletch from normal logs.

Or buy from players if f2p.

Should be the same for axes, in my opinion.

Or, just make the heads then attach the handles later as if you would bowstrings.

I support it. It would be a bit cheaper to buy and smith too. buy a rune bar 14.5k or 2 for 29k and smith, still a profit remains. If autoers are a problem, maybe Jagex should add a smithin random event? It is a good idea.

The weird thing is, thats when you graph the price to pick, it is a huge curve, considering bronze pick is only worth 1gp, the inverted scale compared to axes is odd.

Anyways, sorry for boring you but this would help everybody, and to noobs especially, the price would DROP.

And what about a dragon pickaxe idea, maybe at a simultaneous time.

These are mere thoughts to think of...