Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

FIX THE 50% GLITCH

Glitches Jagex RuneScape

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Youmu
[ Display Name History ]

Youmu

Retired Website Crew

• Members
  • 4,622 posts
Ok, every time I go into Lumbridge, Falador, Port Sarim, Al Kharid, Wizard's Tower or ANY OTHER FREAKING NEW GRAPHICALLY UPDATED AREA.

The game shows "Loading (50%)".

And then it FREEZES.

And then I have to spend an extra few minutes reloading the game.

EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

This glitch has been present since 2007. Why isn't this dumb thing fixed yet.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

D. V. Devnull
[ Display Name History ]

D. V. Devnull

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,162 posts
  • Location:Slinking in shadow, finding site/forum bugs to kill...
  • RuneScape Status:None
And you've tried holding "S" on your keyboard for Safe Mode while RS is starting up? :huh:

~D. V. "Just checking..." Devnull

(p.s.: I'm trying not to dump a [bleep]-load of Anti-Jagex, Anti-RS hate into this thread...)
Posted Image and normally with a cool mind.
(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

Quorra
[ Display Name History ]

Quorra

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 512 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Resistian

This glitch has been present since 2007. Why isn't this dumb thing fixed yet.

Really? I started playing in 05 and haven't experienced it until this year.

bGmskuB.gif

Sangrina
[ Display Name History ]

Sangrina

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 186 posts
I have also only experienced it this year, the same places as Sonikku mentioned, plus POH tele. Although yesterday, I was totally shocked when I actually managed to take the lodestone to Al Kharid and DIDN'T get the 50% bug as usual. I've even tried running to Al Kharid from Falador, and sure enough, every time I reach the goblins outside Al Kharid I get the 50%.

Bxpprod
[ Display Name History ]

Bxpprod

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,777 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Bxpprod
Clear cache. Try again.

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

Sangrina
[ Display Name History ]

Sangrina

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 186 posts
I've actually tried that. Cleared the cache and for a day everything worked fine. Perhaps I should do that every day...

Kaida23
[ Display Name History ]

Kaida23

Retired Staff

• Members
  • 4,533 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
  • RSN:Kaida23
  • Clan:Total F2P Skillers
That works, yes, but we shouldn't have to clear the cache every day in order to play.

And you've tried holding "S" on your keyboard for Safe Mode while RS is starting up? :huh:

Again, we shouldn't have to do this in order to make the game run. It's horribly frustrating.

Posted Image
Check out my blog to read the Adventures of a Big Damn (F2P) Hero.

Posted Image

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Bxpprod
[ Display Name History ]

Bxpprod

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,777 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Bxpprod
See, sometimes there's nothing else to do. Shit happens.

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

Kimberly
[ Display Name History ]

Kimberly

Retired Staff

• Members
  • 12,325 posts
  • RSN:Kimberly
  • RSN2:Dorelei

See, sometimes there's nothing else to do. Shit happens.

Obviously. Doesn't mean they shouldn't try reducing it, this is as bad as it's been in a while.

hzvjpwS.gif

Mr_G_W
[ Display Name History ]

Mr_G_W

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 45 posts
  • RSN:Mr G W
  • RSN '07:Mr G W
  • Clan:Willpower
since 2007? i only have this since the recent graphic updates. first time it was on dat qbd quest.

Saradomin_Mage
[ Display Name History ]

Saradomin_Mage

The Two and Only

• Members
  • 7,273 posts
It's got to be something to do with their graphically updated areas, wish they could at least pin it down for a fix :(

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Oddish DIY
[ Display Name History ]

Oddish DIY

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 125 posts
  • RSN:Oddlsh
  • RSN2:Oddish DIY
I think me and few friends found a fix to this. I personally haven't had the glitch in month or so. Friends said its working for them as well. Its really simple too.

Go to graphical settings, turn Lighting Detail to HIGH. We have everything else at lowest possible (except resolution is any). Hope it helps you as well!

Edit; heres a screenshot of the settings try to replicate them and see if it works for you (Display mode is DirectX)
Posted Image
Oddish_Diy.png
Oddish_Diy.png
Oddish_Diy.png

Kaida23
[ Display Name History ]

Kaida23

Retired Staff

• Members
  • 4,533 posts
I'll give it a try and see what happens, but why would turning the lighting detail to high fix this?

Posted Image

Posted Image

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Oddish DIY
[ Display Name History ]

Oddish DIY

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 125 posts
  • RSN:Oddlsh
  • RSN2:Oddish DIY

I'll give it a try and see what happens, but why would turning the lighting detail to high fix this?

Honestly I have no idea :/

All I know is the glitch happens in areas where theres been graphical update in the past year. This obviously doesn't work for everyone cause jagex would of fixed it already if it was so simple. But if it helps even a few people I think it's worth trying considering the glitch is really annoying
Oddish_Diy.png
Oddish_Diy.png
Oddish_Diy.png

Ammako
[ Display Name History ]

Ammako

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,541 posts
It started with Gnome Stronghold graphical update, but the difference is that they actually fixed it for that area.

Cheefoo
[ Display Name History ]

Cheefoo

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,811 posts
  • RSN:Cheefoo
  • Clan:HYT
I get this problem once in a while while lodestoning to Port Sarim (which I do a lot now, guess why) and it is quite annoying. Sometimes if I wait a minute while it's stuck at 50%, it might eventually work and load without crashing. It can't possibly be the "graphics being too high" because this system can run Skyrim on max settings without a single hiccup. Runescape is RAGGLE FRAGGES in comparison.

Funny thing is, on my shittier computer (got this current one a month ago) I never had this 50% loading problem. It's obviously some stupid compatibility issue that Jagex needs to sort out. Not much you can do about it but wait for a fix, really.
Posted Image
I LOVE MY STATION

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101
00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

RSBDavid
[ Display Name History ]

RSBDavid

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,113 posts
  • RSN:Davidd
The only time I ever get this glitch is when I play on WIndows, I have yet to see it when playing via Linux. Perhaps there is some I/O blocking with their map loading subroutine which is triggered based on some hard disk configuration? When the last time I had a 50% loading glitch occur, my hard disk was spinning, but the usage from JagexLauncher/Java was 0. I will watch my system more closely next time I get it to see if there is anything I can forward on to Jagex.

Posted Image

[Software Engineer] - [Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

Ammako
[ Display Name History ]

Ammako

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,541 posts
^ I run Linux and I get it.

Lord Slayas
[ Display Name History ]

Lord Slayas

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 259 posts
  • RSN:Lord Slayas
  • RSN2:Satan is Sin
  • Clan:Monks Of Shadow
I also frequently get this glitch... it really is about time they fix it. When doing the Rune Mysteries quest, i got the glitch no less then 8 times. Play for 10 seconds, enter a new area, glitch, reload rs, rinse and repeat.

Running the game in Open GL has made it occur less frequently for me, so if anyone isn't doing that, might be worth trying, but it still doesn't totally fix the problem.

o4qq.png

My Pure F2P Blog: CLICK ME

6th Maintainer of the Pure F2P Highscores / The Top 250 F2P Skill Total Lists : May 16th, 2012 - March 30th, 2014.

Kaida23
[ Display Name History ]

Kaida23

Retired Staff

• Members
  • 4,533 posts
Oh god, don't even mention the new Rune Mysteries quest. It took me over two hours to finish because it got stuck on "Loading 50%" pretty much every time I changed areas or started a new cutscene. :wall:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Glitches, Jagex, RuneScape

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users