Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Og Blog: Upcoming Changes to the EoC

• Please log in to reply
205 replies to this topic

NukeMarine
[ Display Name History ]

NukeMarine

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,300 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Nukemarine

I quite like the idea of adding parts to lower tier equipment to gain the higher tier stuff. I hope they do it with more than just claws, as this might give some more value to the currently worthless items.

Almost every other change is a step in the wrong direction though =S

This is a step in the right direction. Instead of just putting out a new set of armor, offer methods to upgrade existing armor to the next level. Dragon Mediums and Dragon Chains would not have tanked if they made them required ingrediants for making Dragon Full Helms and Dragon Platebodies. Not saying make it easier to upgrade than to obtain a new set of high level equipment, but offer an option that keeps the economy stable. Gives players multiple sources to farm instead of one boss that happens to drop the best.

My worry is the "exponential increase" mentioned. We know from grinding how big an impact exponential increase impacts gameplay. If they do this, then they need to release smaller tier increases. Something like Tier 65, 70, 75, 80, 85, 87, 90, 93, 95, 97, 99. That way you get the uber expensive because they're "the best", but you have something near as good that won't be as expensive.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

Bxpprod
[ Display Name History ]

Bxpprod

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,777 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Bxpprod
I've gotta say, this is a bit of a pisstake. I used regenerate a little bit between kills that I fail to maintain adrenaline, so that's gunna suck a bit. Should be interesting to see just how far the bosses are going to be buffed, given how easy they are at the moment in mid-tier gear. And claws, oh man.

It's such a shame that this far in we're still seeing such radical changes. Oh well.

I'm quitting if they don't let me wield my antifire shield and fire staff.

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

Leon S
[ Display Name History ]

Leon S

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 444 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Latin
Why are some people so against the idea of adding a strength bonus to higher level armor?

The Rejuvenatie nerf is a bit too much. The cooldown shouldn't be more than 2 or 3 minutes.

And I really hope they will give dual wield a 50% boost to abilities soon, and to Magic abilities with a staff too.

strilmus
[ Display Name History ]

strilmus

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,910 posts
it's mostly because earlier they were trying to split the offensive/defensive functions which is why they removed the bonuses to begin with

in half a year we might as well just go back to the old system and it's like, why did we upset all these people and try to change things if we're just going to go back to it

i think the thing with claws is essentially dumb because half of it is the desire to return dragon, a normally just level 60 thing that isn't the best thing anymore for high level players and wasn't supposed to be the best thing, back to the best thing because people hate changing forever and Jagex took too long releasing the items and went ahead with their older plans to put them on hard creatures even though there was absolutely no reason to

this just screams "caving in to popular opinion" rather than having any kind of consistency whatsoever with the system at all

if we're going to upgrade weapons they should be weapons that are common enough that they can't all be bought out by speculators, as it is right now claws don't exist in a large enough supply to prevent it from essentially becoming a full price level 80 weapon on its own with a minor dg requirement as the supply isn't limited like vine whip drops

there are no level 60 claws anymore for people that are level 60.

8f14270694.jpg

Demoli
[ Display Name History ]

Demoli

TET Hampster

• Members
  • 3,488 posts
  • RSN:Demoliboy2
I also like the idea of upgrading old equipment, but not Dragon Claws, I'd rather have them implement another set of claws at lv 70 and have those upgraded.

And doing that before even considering a Chaotic Spear upgrade to Zammy spear and a Chaotic Hilt (or similar) is also ridiculous.

Now onto strenght bonuses, I can't agree with that. They should just make armour more important, right now you have so much LP and the regular mobs are so weak there just isn't a point to use level 60 armour, as it's way overkill. Make mobs harder to valorize armour, not reintroduce strenght bonuses, that will only sperate the armour further.

Rejuv nerf is also beyond ridiculous, and I've seen some nerfs in my time.

aspeeder
[ Display Name History ]

aspeeder

Retired Crew

• Members
  • 3,083 posts

Gf me doing the range slayer dungeon with any kind of success. What I liked was being able to go to new slayer monsters (Gano, jadinko) in barrows-tier armor and still do reasonably well. Sounds like I'll be needing arma, if not pernix to do that, and I do not have the money for that.

They said they would only buff boss monsters (like gwd/corp)

Chaotic Add-On for Dragon Claws

We will be adding a new piece of chaotic gear in the form of chaotic claws. These claws will be slightly different to existing chaotic equipment in that you’ll need to mount the claws onto an existing dragon claw weapon – both the off-hand and main-hand pieces. To compensate for this additional cost, the Dungeoneering token cost of the chaotic add-on will be significantly lower than equivalent chaotic gear. At a faster attack speed, and with increased crit chance, the chaotic claws will be formidable tools to use.
Upcoming Content Updates
The planned Kalphite King and the Ranged Slayer dungeons will both require the very best equipment for effectively fighting the foes found within. Buy up some awesome gear now to avoid disappointment!

Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

strilmus
[ Display Name History ]

strilmus

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,910 posts
upgrading the zspear with the same system is flawed for the same reasons. making the zspear a component of a level 80 chaotic item would essentially make all of those zspears level 80 items wanted by people of those levels, and then rob the level 70 people of any viable stab options for ten levels as prices rise and boss spots once again become dominated by max level people who feel even further entitled by this update because why should those noobs get all these valuable level 80 items when the higher levels are paying for them?

just terrible terrible ideas for the sake of prestige

8f14270694.jpg

Alg
[ Display Name History ]

Alg

Troll General

• Editorial Panel
  • 10,880 posts
And here I was hoping that the ranged dungeon would include content for everyone... -.-

strilmus
[ Display Name History ]

strilmus

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,910 posts
i figure the ranged dungeon will be similar to the polypore dungeon, in which there are several tiers of equipment, but with only the top tier stuff actually being bought, and all of the highest level players fighting each other over spawns, thus rendering 90 percent of the art, content, and concepts unseen and unused

8f14270694.jpg

chenw
[ Display Name History ]

chenw

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,953 posts
  • RSN:Tim ChenW2

i figure the ranged dungeon will be similar to the polypore dungeon, in which there are several tiers of equipment, but with only the top tier stuff actually being bought, and all of the highest level players fighting each other over spawns, thus rendering 90 percent of the art, content, and concepts unseen and unused

And eventually being botted the crap out of, like Ganodermics are these days.

I also think they are trying to fix the problem with dual wielding by giving us dual wield weapons with higher max tier than 2h counter parts so dual wield doesn't look so bad, in this case, giving us T90 dual wield who is probably just as powerful as a T80 2h weapon, while they dont have to do the work of 'balancing' dual wield abilities and mechanics.

Seriously Jagex, why do you make it so hard for us to justify anything you do these days?

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

Estoc
[ Display Name History ]

Estoc

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,149 posts
  • RSN:Estoc
So...we're back to square one with everyone using Bandos/Torva and claws?

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

Hedgehog
[ Display Name History ]

Hedgehog

???

• Monster Hunting Team Leader
  • 7,789 posts
I think Jagex simply doesn't understand their own combat system.

Ginger_Warrior
[ Display Name History ]

Ginger_Warrior

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,044 posts
  • RSN '07:CN G Warrior

Seriously Jagex, why do you make it so hard for us to justify anything you do these days?

Speaking of bots: does it speak volumes that, of all the issues in the game that need fixing, they felt this was the most pressing concern? Glossing over the very real and practical difficulties, choosing to focus on this instead because it doesn't fit in with their "vision" of what MH should look like?

decebal
[ Display Name History ]

decebal

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,315 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
  • RSN:Decebalus6
Rejuv every 5 minutes minutes, while harsh, really needed to be nerfed. I find it strange that I have been training combat for a month now without eating a single piece of food.

I probably won't eat a piece of food though :P .

Posted Image

Thus
[ Display Name History ]

Thus

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,209 posts
And all the mad poor people come out of the woodworks. It is now obvious they wanted armor to crash only so they could afford it with putting in no effort. Seriously, work at a goal and accomplish it. Don't be complacent with mid level gear.

People were fine with wearing barrows and gano for the rest of their lives. Glad Jagex changed that.

Finally, melee needed this update. It was too weak in dps compared to range against bosses and had the problem of not being able to hit from a distance, unlike range and magic. And with the number of distancing abilities they have, I am not worried about that becoming unbalanced again.

Yoko Kurama
[ Display Name History ]

Yoko Kurama

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,988 posts
What a completely idiotic flip-flop on entire concept of the EOC. Also, I despise that they are reneging on the only thing that made EOC worthwhile: the reduction in monetary elitism. Though I have complained about this before, but in EOC, despite the fact that high-levels were unable to afford level 80 Nex Armours because of their expensive prices, at the very least barrows were a suitable replacement. Now, I have stated in the past, that this shouldn't be the case: Maxed players should have alternatives to being obscenely rich to get level 80 gears, but at least we had a temporary band-aide in that Barrows were relatively close.The high levels shouldn't have to settle, but at least they could. Now, they can't even settle for that, let's all go back to armour that isn't only insanely expensive, but is also increasingly becoming a necessity. That's how it will be until PoP armour is into the market(assuming it gets a nifty ability too). Just ridiculous really.

I *am* an elitist, but I favour elitism that is contingent upon hard-work, skills and engagement with the content, not this sort of elitism("I had 2B before, and after they announced this update, I rushed to the GE, bought more sets and now I have instantly trippled my wealth with no effort" elitism).

Apparently constantly causing instability in the market is apparently what they do for fun, these days.

Leon S
[ Display Name History ]

Leon S

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 444 posts
  • RSN:Latin

Finally, melee needed this update. It was too weak in dps

Hah! That made my day.

Alg
[ Display Name History ]

Alg

Troll General

• Editorial Panel
  • 10,880 posts

And all the mad poor people come out of the woodworks. It is now obvious they wanted armor to crash only so they could afford it with putting in no effort. Seriously, work at a goal and accomplish it. Don't be complacent with mid level gear.

Yeah, no. That's not even close to being factual. Come back when you actually know what you're talking about.

Thus
[ Display Name History ]

Thus

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,209 posts

Yeah, no. That's not even close to being factual. Come back when you actually know what you're talking about.

Well, the whole "being able to do high-level things with okay gear purely out of skill and stubbornness" thing was fun while it lasted. <_<

Case and point.

Finally, melee needed this update. It was too weak in dps

Hah! That made my day.

For bossing, sorry I didn't specify. PvP is dead.

strilmus
[ Display Name History ]

strilmus

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,910 posts

People were fine with wearing barrows and gano for the rest of their lives. Glad Jagex changed that.

Finally, melee needed this update. It was too weak in dps and had the problem of not being able to hit from a distance, unlike range and magic. And with the number of distancing abilities they have, I am not worried about that becoming unbalanced again.

oh wow, entitlement much? work hard or not, the GWD spots still get camped by higher level players chasing the money, while anything lower than that is botted. you can't just make that go away. you're starting to sound like the guys at wall street telling everybody else to hike their bootstraps up while sitting there speculating on oil and wondering why people think there's anything wrong at all.

8f14270694.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users