Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Og Blog: Upcoming Changes to the EoC

• Please log in to reply
205 replies to this topic

fishy227
[ Display Name History ]

fishy227

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 157 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • Clan:TSG

We’re almost finished with our latest batch of changes to the EoC, focusing on the issues I described in my last Og Blog.
The changes below are certainly not the final changes we will be making to the EoC as a whole, and the specific ones below will be monitored carefully to ensure they have had the desired impact.
In order to make sure that the below changes are well integrated into the existing game - and, in particular, the upcoming Kalphite King launch - we're not unleashing him just yet. The Kalphite King update will happen on the 14th, at the same time as these changes, to ensure that it's the well-balanced - not to mention brutally challenging - boss fight that you deserve.

Change to the Offensive Capabilities of High-Level Bosses

As mentioned in my last Og Blog, we've noticed that several of the more profitable bosses in the game are being killed by players of a lower level than we had originally intended, and using lower-levelled gear than we had predicted. To address this, we will be significantly increasing the offensive capabilities of these NPCs, meaning that higher levels and better gear will be needed to efficiently take down those opponents. Creatures affected will include the God Wars bosses and the Corporeal Beast, to name a few.

Change to the Defensive Value of Armour

At the moment, the difference between, say, level 70 and level 80 gear isn’t great enough to matter for standard combat training and boss hunting. Understandably, this means that people aren’t investing in the best gear available to them. We are changing that.
The defensive values of armour will now be plotted on an exponential curve rather than a linear one. At higher levels, the difference between sequential armour pieces will be far greater and, therefore, will make a far more noticeable difference in combat. It will also better match the upward curve of XP required to progress through those higher levels, making the highest-level gear optimal for battling your way to 99!

Strength Boosts and Set Effects

We will be adding individual strength boosts to all Torva, Pernix and Virtus gear, and a few other items like the Bandos Chestplate. The 'Nex gear' will also have an additional strength bonus in the form of a set effect. The above three areas of change will mean that higher combat levels and higher levels of gear will be needed to defeat powerful NPC opponents.

Healing Effects of Abilities

We are reducing the effectiveness of the Regeneration and Rejuvenation abilities. We noticed that less food was being taken into battle than before because the healing values of these abilities were stronger than we had anticipated. To address this, we will be increasing the cooldown on the Rejuvenate ability to 5 minutes (making it an infrequent, emergency heal) and reducing the effect of Regenerate by 20%.
This - along with the changes to defensive armour, bosses and strength boosts - will mean that more food will be needed in battle.
This is intended to stabilise the value of these items on the GE in the short-term, and to increase their value in the long-term.

Chaotic Add-On for Dragon Claws

We will be adding a new piece of chaotic gear in the form of chaotic claws. These claws will be slightly different to existing chaotic equipment in that you’ll need to mount the claws onto an existing dragon claw weapon – both the off-hand and main-hand pieces. To compensate for this additional cost, the Dungeoneering token cost of the chaotic add-on will be significantly lower than equivalent chaotic gear. At a faster attack speed, and with increased crit chance, the chaotic claws will be formidable tools to use.
Upcoming Content Updates
The planned Kalphite King and the Ranged Slayer dungeons will both require the very best equipment for effectively fighting the foes found within. Buy up some awesome gear now to avoid disappointment!

The Next Game Update

The next game update will, therefore, be in the week starting 14th January. During that week - a combat bonanza of epic proportions - we will add the Kalphite King (the toughest monster ever!), Hati and Sköll, as well as a huge list of player-recommended changes to the rest of the game.
Thanks for reading. As always, I look forward to reading your thoughts on the forums. Let us know what you think about the above changes!

Mod Mark
RuneScape Design Director

xSoulgazer

Elysian Sigil ---- 11/24/10 ---- 550M

Emaxganis
[ Display Name History ]

Emaxganis

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 301 posts
  • RSN:Emaxganis
gf General Graardor
Posted Image

Rule #14 - Don't argue with trolls, it means they win.

smoke roll
[ Display Name History ]

smoke roll

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:pure monk 89
  • RSN2:smoke roll
  • Clan:Dark Slayers
better late than never i guess... never seen anyone flip-flop on subjects the way jagex does!
Posted Image
Posted Image

Alg
[ Display Name History ]

Alg

Troll General

• Editorial Panel
  • 10,880 posts
Well, the whole "being able to do high-level things with okay gear purely out of skill and stubbornness" thing was fun while it lasted. <_<

Estoc
[ Display Name History ]

Estoc

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,149 posts
  • RSN:Estoc
"Buy up some awesome gear now to avoid disappointment!"

Really?

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

Leon S
[ Display Name History ]

Leon S

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 444 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Latin
I like that they will add set effects to sets like Nex armor.

Estoc
[ Display Name History ]

Estoc

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,149 posts
Back to everyone running around in steroid-suits looking for best strength bonuses I guess.

chenw
[ Display Name History ]

chenw

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,953 posts
  • RSN:Tim ChenW2
So basically this update now makes the rich get richer and poor gets poor...

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

Platinum_Myr
[ Display Name History ]

Platinum_Myr

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,604 posts
  • RSN:Serena Sedai
  • RSN2:Fyora Serena
  • Clan:The Knighted Angels
That's a crazy insane flip-flop there...

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

The Runar
[ Display Name History ]

The Runar

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,343 posts
  • RSN:The Runar
  • RSN '07:Old Runar
lol capitalistscape

michel555555
[ Display Name History ]

michel555555

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,447 posts
  • RSN:michel555555
  • Clan:fealty stars
what is this... i don't even...

Of all the chaotics they could have added warhammer/spear/2h/wand they add another stab or slash, or whatever claws are now.

And why did they just mention bandos chest instead of saying all gw gear will get bonus's? Are they purposely gutting their own attempt to balance the combat triangle.

michel555555.png

click you know you wanna

Estoc
[ Display Name History ]

Estoc

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,149 posts
Posted Image

150% to prices in one half hour is Mmg's idea of a stable economy.

Edit: Just realized they are fixing things like claws when we have things like Dominion Gloves which are actually high level things but suck and are almost never worth using. Even more mad now.

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts
  • RSN:Sy Accursed
Chaotic Claws are kinda a nice sly move by Jagex, they solve 2 issues in 1:
1) Re-value d claws make TDs more worthwhile
2) Patch the issue of cls being average vs whip/ee fast which made dual cls 2nd best slash for dual setups.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Alg
[ Display Name History ]

Alg

Troll General

• Editorial Panel
  • 10,880 posts
So if they're finally changing GWD gear, can they lower the barrows repair cost again?

Leik
[ Display Name History ]

Leik

Super Moderator

• Senior Moderator
  • 2,584 posts
  • RSN:Leik
Posted Image

Bought that literally 2 minutes after the announcement. ~1140m spent

238+238(tplates)+97(chaps)+120+120(virtus top)+145+145(tlegs)+155+155(pernix top) = 1,413

These are the current prices (in millions). Best day ever. And they're rising fast too.

Regarding the announcement itself, it was about time. Bosses are incredibly stupidly easy as it is.

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

strilmus
[ Display Name History ]

strilmus

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,910 posts
haven't seen this much backpedaling since the reverse unicycling race of '87

dragon claws should have never been a sacred institution :/

"we value higher level equipment but we're going to just, i don't know, cause prices of lower level equipment to jack up significantly and increase the difficulty of the source, making it difficult for players of that level to purchase any gear at all"

they're backpedaling WHILE they're backpedaling

can't have your cake while on a unicycle, jagex

8f14270694.jpg

aerendil
[ Display Name History ]

aerendil

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,327 posts
  • RSN:Meamzed
  • RSN2:Aethyriel
  • RSN '07:Aethyriel
  • Clan:Tal_shiar, Sic semper tyrannus
words
do
not
describe
the
levels
of
mad.

I sold nex items due to crash, and now am struck high and dry with 550m bank from 1.5b... and now they raise it back up? i hate you jagex.
Posted Image

Estoc
[ Display Name History ]

Estoc

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,149 posts

Posted Image

Bought that literally 2 minutes after the announcement. ~1140m spent

238+238(tplates)+97(chaps)+120+120(virtus top)+145+145(tlegs)+155+155(pernix top) = 1,413

These are the current prices (in millions). Best day ever. And they're rising fast too.

Regarding the announcement itself, it was about time. Bosses are incredibly stupidly easy as it is.

I love how they merely have to whisper "set effects" even if they already said it before, and everyone will go nuts and buy everything.

words
do
not
describe
the
levels
of
mad.

I sold nex items due to crash, and now am struck high and dry with 550m bank from 1.5b... and now they raise it back up? i hate you jagex.

This is the problem, they're trying to help people like you who genuinely lost money but instead they're stabbing you in the back. They should have just left well enough alone and let nex items come to their natural low price.

Golvellius
[ Display Name History ]

Golvellius

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,685 posts
Very poor decision making.
Just cause a bunch of dicer clowns on youtube cry about losing money on their gear is no reason screw around price fixing things.
When they came out with the grand exchange they promised that the prices were the players to decide.
Now they are price fixing things with updates and excluding content from a large swath of their player base.
I mean how stupid can you get.
You want more players, new players, yet you tilt the game to hardcore no-lifers, dicers, and rwters.
God save the queen, torva, and runescape...

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

strilmus
[ Display Name History ]

strilmus

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,910 posts
thing is

even if nex gear is going to be "zerker" sets

if the exponential curve and set effect makes pop armor strong enough, it's not going to matter anyway

what we need right now is filling out of combat style abilities and equipment (ranged boots for all tiers, dual casting abilities and weapon availability, dual ranging abilities, offhand throwing weapons at all tiers and maybe two handed throwing weapons?), not market speculation

8f14270694.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users