200M Slayer? Piece of Cake! - I'm Baaaaaaaack!

Nothing much to report of late, I haven't been on much. Grinded out a few Slayer tasks with the new maul. Speeds up things like hellhounds very nicely. Which got me thinking that picking up charms actually slows down a lot of tasks, especially tasks like hellhounds where there isn't any other loot. So... back to Daemonheim I go to start grinding out my next 100k tokens for a charming imp. I'm starting to enjoy solo dungeoneering, just don't tell my clan. >_>

Part of the reason I enjoy it is this:

88fishing.jpg

Hard to argue with the fishing and woodcutting XP. Apparently it is also efficient to cook and firemake, but I feel like I'm slow enough per floor already, LOL.

Only 96k tokens to go!

Nothing much to report of late, I haven't been on much. Grinded out a few Slayer tasks with the new maul. Speeds up things like hellhounds very nicely. Which got me thinking that picking up charms actually slows down a lot of tasks, especially tasks like hellhounds where there isn't any other loot. So... back to Daemonheim I go to start grinding out my next 100k tokens for a charming imp. I'm starting to enjoy solo dungeoneering, just don't tell my clan. >_>

Part of the reason I enjoy it is this:

88fishing.jpg

Hard to argue with the fishing and woodcutting XP. Apparently it is also efficient to cook and firemake, but I feel like I'm slow enough per floor already, LOL.

Only 96k tokens to go!

WC/FM/FISH for c2s :)

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

Had a nice holiday weekend with much fun, alcohol, and some absolutely HEAVENLY mussels and calamari with the significant other. Back to reality...

Thought this morning since I had an hour or so to kill before work that I would try and knock out a couple daily challenges. I usually spend my weekends socializing and away from computers, so on Thursday evenings I try to knock out as many dailies as I can to make room for the new ones coming in over the weekend. I didn't feel like getting into a new task right away, so after setting up ports, off to Lletya I went to pickpocket elves.

Why, oh why, must Jagex torture me so? These things pack a whollop. And I fail All. The. Time. I guess the new seeds are a nice touch.

Speaking of which, I haven't planted any yet. Looks like they are common enough that they aren't really going to be a huge source of income, so I may as well hoard them for my own use. I am a sucker for seeds. It is difficult for me to want to sell any of them, even torstols. I could probably make lots of cash, but I feel like every seed I sell is farm XP I have to buy back. Maybe once I get 99 I will sell off all but the most useful for me. Who am I kidding? I have this problem with most resource items. I feel this incredible guilt in selling anything that could be used for skilling. I'm so sad and pathetic.

What's not sad and pathetic however? The new Daft Punk album. More laid back than previous albums, but provides a nice backdrop while I'm doing other things.

Been trying to alternate between DG floors and tasks and daily challenges to keep from getting too burnt out. Still need about 85k tokens for a charming imp, so I'm slowly and steadily getting there.

86dg.jpg

Only 4 more levels until I can use a demonhorn necklace, should I ever stick around long enough to get the tokens.

At least I have interesting dailies to keep me motivated.

92thieving.jpg

Taking a break to grind out some more tasks, I was going through Slayer withdrawals!

This was a nice surprise... I didn't realize I was so close to a level!

98range.jpg

So I got a greaters task and decided I would head back to GWD for a little fun. It's still a little shaky, one moment I'm barely using any food, and the next I'm using a ton, but I've managed 30 kills thus far, and managed to get the subjugation shield and top. I had no idea the top was worth 10M!

I apologize for the screenie, it would be more legit if I had been able to get a picture of it on the ground, but I was so excited and trying to get things sorted between kills.

1garb.jpg

I don't know if I will finish my task here, I might just grind out the remaining greaters in Kura's dungeon for now, but confident that I can go back to GWD without worry in the future.

I may eventually work up the courage to go back to QBD. I had tried a few times before, and failed epically. I couldn't even last long enough to brandish a crossbow. But apparently she is now easier than ever, so perhaps I will have to try again.

Congrats on the top and shield!

I considered taking greaters off my block list so I could do this same thing, hopefully get a drop or two maybe. Also didn't know QBD counts as a black dragon task either, might be something to look at doing.

oaM0.png
fXPnd.png

If memory serves, she didn't initially count for tasks, it was added in later.

The only downside is it seems to be pretty slow, unless you can get some serious kills in per trip. I am slowly and steadily becoming more comfortable with it, and so my KC is improving. It's not like going to Arma where almost everything along the way is an aviansie, so by the time you get to Kree, half your task is done. At Zammy I think it's pretty much K'ril and maybe one of the minions that counts. I just like the fact that I can break up the monotony by making a trip there and hey, if I get loot, even better.

Black dragon task done at QBD would take about 2-4 hours to do, assuming 20-22kph. Should make you about 8-25m or so in total, depending on how big the task is.

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

Decided to do one more ZGWD trip before finishing my greaters task at Kuradal's. Glad I did. At first I was afraid I was going to run out of food quickly, but then the tuna potato drops started coming in. I ran out of the rocktails I brought, and was left with maybe enough to eke out one more kill. My reward?

1zhilt.jpg

For a minute or two I felt like a proper PvM-er. But then I came back to reality and embraced my noobiness anew.

• Like 1

Just chugging away at that XP... Did a couple DG floors tonight, which puts me at 23k/100k for charming imp, though I am starting to burn out on Dungeoning again. Did a little slaying tonight, though I came to the realization I need to streamline my ability bars a little bit. I was trying to search the forum for a recent discussion I thought I saw about the "ideal" setup for Slayer. If someone knows where that is, or just wants to post it up in here so I have it, I would be forever in your debt, because frankly, I can't quite find it.

I thought I had gotten a screenshot at the time, but apparently not. I did however, reach 55M in Defense XP.

55mdef.jpg

12mrange.jpg

I will probably be hitting 26M Slayering pretty soon.

And I got it, late last night.

26mslayer.jpg

I tried camping the new dungeon, but I've only managed to get 2 keys thus far, and honestly, it's really boring. I think I will just stick with doing them while on task (and thus taking advantage of the damage boost) and call it a day. I hate camping any area in general; I get an overwhelming sense of guilt knowing I could be earning Slayer XP instead. Who knows, maybe I will earn enough profit to afford to buy the crossbow, as more become available and the cost comes down.

In other news, I'm focusing primarily on ranging and maging tasks. I'm still only 96 Magic, but I am down to 946k left for 99 Ranged. This is pretty exciting for me, as I have not gotten 99 in any skill since I got Summoning in November of 2010.

Nice progress. I was the same way with 99s before I finally decided to finish them all off :lol:

I haven't bothered to even touch the new dungeon yet. I've been waiting for a task to go down there and hopefully get something good.

oaM0.png
fXPnd.png

Not gonna lie, it's pretty boring. The rorarius are the easiest to kill, and aside from the keys, their drops are underwhelming. Honestly, even most of the boss drops aside from their signet are boring. I got like, 200-someodd bowstrings for killing the Secundus boss. Oh joy. I don't know what the full drop list for the other types are, but they are a pain to kill by comparison. For the time being, I'm just gonna slay like usual, do tasks there, and sell the keys. Maybe once the dust settles and the price on keys drops, I might consider starting to save them for myself.

It is only worth doing the major bosses if you intend on completing a bow, they have no other worthy drops

imp7C.jpg

(22:28:44) <@Leik> LE INTORNUTZ SPEEK xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Mish.png

I came to that conclusion already. I tried camping for a couple hours after my first task there... Yeah, go figure, I wasted like 1.8k points trying to get a task to find out I didn't need to be on task. -.- But in all that time I only came up with two Secundus keys, so regardless of what the official droprates are, my personal droprate isn't looking too promising. I think my time is better spent grinding Slayer, and trying to save up cash for the bow.

Progress has been slow this week. I've been away with IRLScape for most of it, and actually haven't done much in-game. I did however, reach 36M HP yesterday. Basically I've just been Slaying, and hoping for rangeable tasks as I get nearer and nearer to 99 Ranged.

sj9e.jpg

• Like 1

Not much to report... Kuradal keeps giving me tasks to mage instead of range. I'm down to about 415k to 99, so at this rate I might get it sometime this week. :D

I did however, gain a Magic level and missed the screenie, so you get this:

ls8a.jpg

Been out a lot this past week and probably will again this week. GO BRUINS!

Not much to report... I tried going back to Arma for another aviansie task, but he was kicking my ass. I am not sure if it's just because I have substandard gear, or what, but I manage maybe 2 or 3 kills before I run out of food. So I finished my task in the eyrie, and called it a day.

I'm down to about 312k to 99 range, but I needed a break from slaying. Also, I want a cresbot! So... Cerri must quest. :( And because for the past 5 years Cerri has avoided questing like the plague, Cerri has lots of questing to do. :(

I started the Firemaker's Curse but work called me away so hopefully I will be able to finish it sometime. I expect I will probably be going out tonight for cheap beer and chicken wings and oh yeah, HOCKEY!

GO BRUINS!!

• Like 1