200M Slayer? Piece of Cake! - I'm Baaaaaaaack!

Right, well, err, Boston in 6, I guess. I am disappointed, for sure, but Chicago didn't run away with that game. Crawford was looking really rattled. Seeing Bergeron net 2 goals and still come away minus 2 is depressing.

So I've been questing, and I must say, if there is a positive side to waiting so long, it is that questing is so easy now thanks to all these teleports, and EOC combat. And, I get the added benefit of more spins!

So far I've completed:

Hand in the Sand

Tears of Guthix (which was good timing, as I need 77 agility for ROTM, and I only have 76 which is my lowest skill! Win!)

Firemaker's Curse

Spirit of Summer

Summer's End (I was always afraid of this quest because I have a laggy comp and I watched many of my clan mates go through it and die a bunch of times. I didn't even die once. :D)

I've finished the Dwarf, Sage, and Goblin parts of RFD, with only the Ogre, Dave, and the Monkey left. :D

What kind of trickery did you pull to complete Summers End without dying.. lol, that quest was a huge pain for me, I remember dying a bunch of times >.<

Dwaynee.png

Trimmed Completionist 8th October 2014 | Check out my blog Here.

I brought royal dhide, since it's kinda cheap and has a decent lifepoint boost. So comparatively, I had a lot more lifepoints to work with than people who did prior to EOC. I also brought weight reducing stuff and a lot of rocktails. I did go out and restock between rooms, so it's not like I tried to do the whole thing on one inventory of stuff. It was tough though, especially the second room with the dark core. I was certain I was going to die there, but I got lucky.

Working on knocking out the rest of RFD, though I doubt I will be getting much done tonight, game 5 here we come!

So I finished RFD yesterday before going out with my other half and my son to see Monsters University, before catching the rest of a very depressing Game 5. :(

At least now I have While Guthix Sleeps to lift my spirits today.

• Like 2

Grats on the rfd. I'm hoping game 6 is more exciting than game 5 was. While Guthix Sleeps was actually a not bad quest..and I hate quests. Still yet to get those Cresbot things as a task though.

oaM0.png
fXPnd.png

I liked it. I thought it was pretty funny. The plot was a little predictable, but it is a Disney movie, so you have to expect that. All in all we had a good time.

My clanmates seem to get automatons left and right, so I thought maybe they were somewhat common. Either way, I really just want the pet for my collection. :P

ykel.jpg

All I can say is: Wow. Just wow. Probably one of the most engaging quests I've done in my RS career.

And now I can has glacors, and all the reqs to get automaton tasks.

I'd go off and try them, or get some slaying done, but the game is on, so I figured I'd do a little smithing.

vr6w.jpg

So I'm back from a few days at the Boyfriend's house. Though I was not away from RS entirely. I spent a little time training Smithing on Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning and gained 89 Smithing. Desperately feeling the urge to slay, I got myself a new task which was 237 Greaters. So, I decided what the heck, I'll go ZGWD. My Boyfriend has a Mac, so I haven't the foggiest idea how to take screenshots or how to find them and upload them, so alas I do not have any screenies of this trip so far. However, thus far I've acquired another Ward, and a Zammy spear! I hardly see these around and they are still worth about 4.4m! Who knew? Anyway, I'll be finishing that task tonight while I'm at home and comfy in front of my PC, so screenies will be forthcoming.

• Like 2

Didn't get anything too exciting. My 3rd trip wasn't as good as the first two, and I ended up going through more food than I wanted to. After a while I got bored and finished off the last 100 or so in Kura's dungeon. That was followed up by a task of Ascensions which gave me two more keys, and put me 92k away from 99 Range. :D

And then I get desert wyrms. :P Kura just wants to prolong the agony, I guess.

I am guessing I may get 99 sometime later tonight. Today is my youngest son's birthday, so in a couple hours we'll be doing the party thing, and so I will be IRLscaping for a few hours at least.

I've been a busy gal today! Earlier this afternoon, I hit 57M Defence and hadn't noticed. :D

z1uc.jpg

And just now, at the tail end of a long aviansie task, I finally got my first 99 in almost 3 years! The long awaited 99 Ranged!

c6l1.jpg

• Like 1

Defence was my first 99, so I've been at it for a while. :D

So not much going on now, I suppose. Haven't managed to motivate myself to go back to DG, but I will do so soon to finish off at least enough to get my imp.

I'm finally in Pincers, so POP is pretty much just hoping for trade goods. I've pretty much finished off all the skills I need to open effigies except for Smithing. I may sell off some or all of my Slayer tab soon to buy some supplies to get that trained up. Once I do that, I can pretty much just relax and slay and maybe someday I'll max through effigies :D

Haven't really done much to update lately. Played a bit over the weekend, in between celebrating 'Murica with beer and explosions and hanging out with my kids. (Not always in that order.) Did some tasks, and I'll probably be hitting another milestone in Slayer if not today, definitely this week. I'm trying to push for 30M, at which point I'm probably going to sell off my tab, spend some time on skills so I can finally clear out the rest of the effigies in my bank, and restock on supplies.

Nonetheless, I did hit 58M Defence last night

vjqb.jpg

Spent the better part of last night and tonight's play time in ZGWD, working on a greaters task. It was a long and arduous process for me still, and not without a couple mishaps. Fortunately, I have awesome clanmates who were willing to come to my rescue and help with blessings. And a special shout out to B1ack Ryno for not only saving my grave for me, but hooking me up with some extra food and pots and a yak so that I could squeeze out a few more kills in a trip, as well as giving me some tips to try and help make it less painful. Sadly, I didn't come away with anything too pricey, just a couple of godsword shard 1s and 2s.

I can't complain about the Slayer XP, or the Mage XP. I also hit 28M Slayer on this task and am about 100k from 98 Magic.

e8kv.jpg

0l0v.jpg

tni3.jpg

Also took some time this morning to finish the new quest, so I can add bacon piles to the crap I'm hoarding in my bank. I'm a little embarrassed to say, but I have all of the bankspace made available to us, and I have a full bank. :S I belong on Hoarders: Gielinor Edition. I was also disappointed at not being able to free name my pig. I should have known it would be customizable in the same way that port ships are. Nonetheless, I really wanted to name it Swiney Todd. Mainly because all I could think of while doing the quest and listening to Eli was this:

• Like 2