200M Slayer? Piece of Cake! - I'm Baaaaaaaack!

Happy Easter, folks!

Been a few days since I last updated. In the meantime, I've been just slaying and trying to complete some of the new masks. I did manage to turn my Mask of the Abyss into a Helm of Warping. I noticed, however, (and I may be late to the party since I've not been following up with the discussion in the General forum) that the helm keeps counting kills even past 900. Additionally, the helm still guarantees me one abyssal demon task per day. GIven how decent the xp rates are for them at the moment, I won't complain.

That being said, I did hit a couple milestones during a task last night...

25M SLAYER!

25mslayer.jpg

53M DEF!

53mdef.jpg

I am getting to a point where I am going to start needing some more Slaying supplies... I've resisted selling my drops only because I have always wanted to gather them for a long time and have a nice looking tab, but what little profit I make goes right back into supplies and skilling. So here is my tab at 25M.

033013loot1.jpg

033013loot2.jpg

033013charms.jpg

What will likely happen at this point today is I will probably try to start getting what skill XP I can out of whats here. For example, I'll clean the herbs, cut the stones, maybe even do some smelting and smithing, etc. Then I'll sell off what I can, save for what I can use for herblore. As some of you may recall from my first post, I have trained herblore entirely without purchasing any herbs, only secondaries and vials. The rest have come from Slayer, Farming, and my kingdom. Since there's not much added benefit between being able to make overloads and 99, I saw no need to rush these last levels, so I have been plugging away gradually as I make my supplies.

Depending on the availability of pyre logs (I really don't wanna make 'em if I don't have to...) I may attempt to burn some corpses as well. Not that there is much profit left in those, I guess. I have a habit of waiting until I have several hundred corpses at once and then hating myself for letting them pile up. A couple months ago, when I last went through "The Burning Times" I started a log in Google Docs so I may revive that and keep adding my findings. I'll post a link if I do.

So that's pretty much where I am at, at the moment. What you all think? Are vyres still worth it?

• Like 1

Woah, that's a pretty awesome Slayer tab. Big congratz on that 25m Slayer xp!

Thanks! it feels pretty good to be 1/8th of the way to my goal. I fondly remember a time when even the idea of 99 in it seemed so far away.

I am a broke Scaper, I don't really get into merching or PvM so a lot of the big moneymakers are out of reach for me. Sadly, Slayer doesn't make anywhere near the profit it did years ago. I would love to be able to save drops for millions of XP and have like 100 whips, but I just can't afford to wait that long, LOL.

Not too much to report the past couple days... Did a little bit of skilling from what I'd collected in my drop tab, and decided to finish off another little side goal.

90thieving.jpg

91thieving.jpg

Also, I've gone through and sold off the bulk of my drop tab. I realize without having a gazillion pictures, there's no way to prove exactly what I received, but I managed to make about 20M on just the stuff that was in the tab, plus I managed to eke out another 2-3M in other small stuff. I had a couple pendants to use up so I spent about 1.5m in secondaries and whatnot to finish those off.

So now my Drop tab is back down to this. Let's see how long I can go without selling now, especially with a bit more cash for supplies on the side.

040313loot.jpg

Those would be vyre corpses. When the Branches of Darkmeyer quest was released, and Darkmeyer made into a great place to slay Vyrewatch, they started dropping those corpses. Jagex's answer was that because the vyres looked different their corpses needed to look different, too. It's so annoying that they take up so many spaces, LOL.

I am debating how long I will let them pile up before I decide to go on a burning spree.

You should grab enough to complete 500 burnt corpses to max out your damage on your blisterwood weapons, then you can ignore the corpses. (I'm assuming pre-EoC mechanics on vyres still remains).

imp7C.jpg

(22:28:44) <@Leik> LE INTORNUTZ SPEEK xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Mish.png

>.> As far as I can tell, the damage bonus still works.

I had my damage maxed out well before blisterwood weapons. I'm probably over 2k corpses burned at this point, LOL. i don't know why I can't just leave them alone...

Been a few days since I've updated, though I've not necessarily been away from RS. I don't know what possessed me to do it, but I have a confession to make:

>.>

<.<

... I've been Dungeoneering. yes, you heard me. That stupid minigame skill that I swore I would never get into a serious way? Yeah. I've been there. Solo XP is no longer the terrible terrible grind it was before. Sinkholes make it even more enticing. And now the list of gadgets I want with my tokens is getting ever longer. Do I think I'm gonna grind out a 99 or anything just yet? Probably not. But I'll go with it while I'm inspired to do so.

I haven't taken any screenies, which I should have, but I've gained 73-77 DG in the past couple of days. I've got one more floor to go through before I can reset with 39 prestige. The increases in XP make soloing more enticing too.

Now I just gotta work on my gating and keying so I can get down from a solo med avg. of 25 mins.

Keep it up with dungeoneering. You get the hang of it eventually and it at least becomes something you can do for a long period of time. The chaotics are decent if you can't afford drygores and the charming imp of course saves a lot of hassle.

imp7C.jpg

Mish.png

So I guess I'll shoot for the high goal first, since I'm at 77 DG now and 80 is not far away. I am also interested in a demonhorn necklace, but that requires 90, which will take longer. For the most part since DG came out, the rapier has been the primary chaotic of choice for Slaying, but I am seeing that it is much less useful since EOC. From what I'm hearing from others, the maul looks like it may be a better choice. Should I get that then? Is there a better option for a first chaotic?

If you use momentum use fastest/fast weapons of the highest tier. If you use abilities then 2 rapiers is basically equal to a maul.

P0lPXdo.png

Basically for max dps, use abilities over momentum. Don't be like leik and use momentum for slayer, he is shit. Abilities use your mainhand weapon as a basis for their damage, so I would highly suggest a chaotic maul as your first choice, (and after that a staff).

Correct me if I'm wrong btw, that info might be outdated. (except for leik being bad, he is so [bleep]ing bad).

imp7C.jpg

Mish.png

- Bonecrusher

- Horny Demon necklace

- Charming imp

- Herbicide

[bleep] rapiers because loldrygore, unless you're cheap like me then probably those as well.

Also [bleep] Mish since he's bad. But at least he knows how to tele in citadel

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

Never bought the Maul, Don't think I ever will :P, I'd say go for Dual Chaotic Longswords, if not then the maul I guess

More Slayer monsters are weak to Slash than anything else hence why I chose the longswords :P

& @Mish I think a update not to long ago changed that because of how the drygore's were, but I'm not 100% sure myself lol

Keep up the good work Cherri :)

Dwaynee.png

Trimmed Completionist 8th October 2014 | Check out my blog Here.

- Bonecrusher

- Horny Demon necklace

- Charming imp

- Herbicide

[bleep] rapiers because loldrygore, unless you're cheap like me then probably those as well.

Also [bleep] Mish since he's bad. But at least he knows how to tele in citadel

I already have a bonecrusher, and the other three are on my list of goodies to get. Yeah loldrygore is right. I am superbroke, so that won't be happening.

So now I'm real confused. Everyone has differing opinions! CLS might be a good option. Right now my go-to Slash option is vine whip + eee.

Things have changed a bit since EOC was released, is dual wield preferred over 2H methods? I contemplated an SGS, in part because 1) I thought 2H was supposed to be better, and 2) I've always wanted one since I started playing and could never afford it.

As far as more slayer creatures being weak to slash, that may not be true. Of the tasks that I do, there are more that are stab-weak. Currently my stab setup is Korasi + EEE, for lack of a better stabby offhand.

OK, maybe that's the better way to look at it. Here are my setups per style:

Melee:

Stab - Korasi + EEE

Slash - Vine Whip + EEE

Crush - D Mace + EEE (I thought I had an offhand D Mace, but apparently not)

Ranged:

Thrown - Don't really use it. I use bolts on abby specs and they do fine, and I use the polearm on Vyrewatch and it works well enough.

Bolts - Black Sally :D No really, it works pretty good.

Arrows - Crystal Bow

Magic:

I have a Master Wand, and a Zammy Book, but I usually end up using SOL or Poly staff.

I really don't know how long my enthusiasm for DG will last, so I'm not gonna bank on getting multiple chaotics right away. So I guess what I am looking for now is what is really the biggest priority?

Get a Royal xbow you pleb, they are cheap as chips.

Yep, costs like 500k or something pathetic. Use it for all the tasks you plan on using range for.

imp7C.jpg

Mish.png